Central Transport | welcome aboard everybody.

Thanks my brother, Can you tell me? Are these "The good old days"..........I hope so.....We are one big happy family, but remember we will have disagreements like any family. Lets learn to fight fair.:grouphug:

we had a central regional manager meet with us Wednesday.vitran drivers are being dovetailed into their company. we will lose our forth week of vacation if you have it. all three personal days. 2 holidays, and o.t. for city drivers is after 55 hours. plus he said the top family insurance plan is $117 a week. they have no vision plan. 401k match is 25 cent for each dollar to a certain amount. but you still will have a job.
Detriot integration soon...Meeting on Monday with CT.

we had a central regional manager meet with us Wednesday.vitran drivers are being dovetailed into their company. we will lose our forth week of vacation if you have it. all three personal days. 2 holidays, and o.t. for city drivers is after 55 hours. plus he said the top family insurance plan is $117 a week. they have no vision plan. 401k match is 25 cent for each dollar to a certain amount. but you still will have a job.
This is what I like....The facts. Thanks, Vijax.....Would you happen to know if drivers still get 3 weeks vacation after 8 years or has all that changed?

Thanks my brother, Can you tell me? Are these "The good old days"..........I hope so.....We are one big happy family, but remember we will have disagreements like any family. Lets learn to fight fair.:grouphug:
Just to be clear....We can still tell each other to go F ourselves like any family member will do from time to time...I heard somewhere that ..." Your friends are God's way of apologizing for your relatives!" I have a cousin that during the holidays gets totally drunk and always starts trouble....As for me, I'm a peace loving drunk and never start trouble. All I want to do is have a good time and pester the grandkids. I love it when family gets together for the holidays, except when cousin Paul turns into a real buzzkill....And the wife has to kick him out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I like....The facts. Thanks, Vijax.....Would you happen to know if drivers still get 3 weeks vacation after 8 years or has all that changed?

if you have 8 yrs = 3 wks vac here, it transfers there. if you acquired an additional wk there you will have a stipulation, you must be employed there past your hired date in order to received that wk free and clear. example: if your hire date was july 1st and you decided to use it before that and leave/fired before that date, you will have to pay it back (it will be taken out of your last two checks). that's how it was explained to me by my service manager.

Just to be clear....We can still tell each other to go F ourselves like any family member will do from time to time...I heard somewhere that ..." Your friends are God's way of apologizing for your relatives!" I have a cousin that during the holidays gets totally drunk and always starts trouble....As for me, I'm a peace loving drunk and never start trouble. All I want to do is have a good time and pester the grandkids. I love it when family gets together for the holidays, except when cousin Paul turns into a real buzzkill....And the wife has to kick him out.

You are too funny Train, you been nipping on the crown already this afternoon. Probably that and watching some good ole football. I am very happy right now as MSU is beating Michigan 16 to 6 middle of third Q.

You are too funny Train, you been nipping on the crown already this afternoon. Probably that and watching some good ole football. I am very happy right now as MSU is beating Michigan 16 to 6 middle of third Q.

Well that's not good for a U-M fan, I might as well stay out in the woods and try to shoot me a deer.

"....you will still have a job."

Dude, I hate to say it- but I will. Central didn't "save" Vitran- he's ****** her.
A prostitute has a job....
She makes a living. The pimp tells her how good she has it and that she's lucky to be alive. He offers her "protection" if she'll just stick with him and do her job. He wants loyalty- but offers nothing in return. He tells her no one else will want her. She believes it. She stays. He welcomes her into his "family ".
Is the compensation and lifestyle worth it? I guess that's for you to decide.

we had a central regional manager meet with us wednesday.vitran drivers are being dovetailed into their company. We will lose our forth week of vacation if you have it. All three personal days. 2 holidays, and o.t. For city drivers is after 55 hours. Plus he said the top family insurance plan is $117 a week. They have no vision plan. 401k match is 25 cent for each dollar to a certain amount. But you still will have a job.

dental coverage ?

Rob S. said dental insurance is Delta. (Same as Vitran.) He mentioned nothing about life insurance. NO vision coverage. (Apparently it's not important to Central for their drivers to see very well going down the road. Please see Central TB forum for the extensive list of accidents they've had recently.) LOL