Yellow | Well, Have You Had Enough Yet?

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Well?

Have you had enough of this Bull**** yet?

I think we all need to do what the 4,000 yes voters did and call the IBT and demand another vote and open this POS MOU back up..... it worked for them. ...and many that did vote yes have left......SO, lets get about 12,000 Teamsters calling in and start raising hell!

If 4,000 phone calls turned them around, then lets give them 12,000 and light that switchboard up!

IBT: 202.624.6800 and ask for the Freight Division

Well?

I think we all need to do what the 4,000 yes voters did and call the IBT and demand another vote and open this POS MOU back up..... it worked for them. ...and many that did vote yes have left......SO, lets get about 12,000 Teamsters calling in and start raising hell!

If 4,000 phone calls turned them around, then lets give them 12,000 and light that switchboard up!

That would set their pants on fire KK..LOL

Well?

I had enough of this pos company and pos Union for the past five years. I'm in a right to work state. Nuff said.
Has anyone called?
I will.

The company doesn't follow the contract makes up what they want to enforce and will sit on grievances they will lose hoping that the member will forget he filed one. They want you to burn a vacation day for going to the doctor for an appt even if you are done by 8am or doing blood work which only takes 15 minutes but it'll make you an hour late (which is BS). They always crying about workmans comp they're paying out, well no **** sherlock when you can't even go to the doctors office without burning a vacation day.

I know there are those who object to what I just said but when you're a vet being treated at the VA hospital then you know what I'm talking about. There is suppose to be a titan message sent out addressing this problem from the IBT, make sure the work gets out to our brothers and sisters at the "Y"

I had enough of this pos company and pos Union for the past five years. I'm in a right to work state. Nuff said.
Has anyone called?
I will.

You will lose your job. Article 2 says you will be a union member in good standing or you don't work here and the Company signed the agreement.

You will lose your job. Article 2 says you will be a union member in good standing or you don't work here and the Company signed the agreement.
Well... If there is anything that we can do legally we ought to do it as a group. Not that. But the phone calls. Something to get their attention.
Wouldn't you agree?

In a right-to-work state it is not a closed shop. They don't have to join but the union has to represent them.

Article 3 sec.1 paragraph (d))
State Law
(d) No provision of this Article shall apply in any state to the extent that it may be prohibited by state law. If under applicable state law additional requirements must be met before any such provisions may become effective, such additional requirements shall be first met.

In a right-to-work state it is not a closed shop. They don't have to join but the union has to represent them.

State Law
(d) No provision of this Article shall apply in any state to the extent that it may be prohibited by state law. If under applicable state law additional requirements must be met before any such provisions may become effective, such additional requirements shall be first met.
Just remember you get what you pay for

State Law

Thanks Bart....you beat me to the keyboard on that one!....Make The Calls Brothers & Sisters!.....15 days left in the 3Q....KK

I agree with Bart 100%. We have several SC@8s here in TX, working an hourly, union job, getting the same pay and bennies as the ones that joined.

Union is a leech.
I have paid dues close 30 years. They are just a Leech on us now.
They have their retirement and no worries on what will happen when they retire. What have we got? Diddly. NO RETIREMENT. NO WAY OUT! But death. Used to be proud of my job and the union. Not anymore. I am embarrassed to mention either. If this inflames some of you so be it. It is the truth. The union and the Company sold us out. Even if a no vote was won. We still would have been sold out one way or another.

Just remember you get what you pay for

Don't kid yourself they get no less than what we paid for :

A “right to work” law is a state law that stops employers and employees from negotiating an agreement – also known as a union security clause – that requires all workers who receive the benefits of a collective bargaining agreement to pay their share of the costs of representing them. Right to Work laws say that unions must represent every eligible employee, whether he or she pays dues or not. In other words, “Right to Work” laws allow workers to pay nothing and still get all the benefits of union membership.

“Right to Work” laws aren’t fair to dues-paying members. If a worker who is represented by a union and doesn’t pay dues is fired illegally, the union must use its time and money to defend him or her, even if that requires going through a costly, time-consuming legal process. Since the union represents everyone, everyone benefits, so everyone should share in the costs of providing these services. Amazingly, nonmembers who are represented by a union can even sue the union if they think it has not represented them well enough!

There are members and there are brothers, I'll take my chances being a brother of the brotherhood.
Understand what we are facing in this day of age, there is a war against workers and others don't see it or know it. The word union is being mentioned in the right to work states and I work in one after coming down from up north. Its a different culture but a union is better than no union (RTWFL). Those who aren't in but continue to work in our environment need to carry their azz. For one why do you work here if you don't like being apart of something you're supposed to be. OH, its RTW I got my rights, yeah and you got your rights to carry your azz somewhere else with your BS. So go you **** *%$#@!

Just to be clear the people who participate in the union and pay there way don't like it either!!!

Don't kid yourself they get no less than what we paid for :

A “right to work” law is a state law that stops employers and employees from negotiating an agreement – also known as a union security clause – that requires all workers who receive the benefits of a collective bargaining agreement to pay their share of the costs of representing them. Right to Work laws say that unions must represent every eligible employee, whether he or she pays dues or not. In other words, “Right to Work” laws allow workers to pay nothing and still get all the benefits of union membership.

“Right to Work” laws aren’t fair to dues-paying members. If a worker who is represented by a union and doesn’t pay dues is fired illegally, the union must use its time and money to defend him or her, even if that requires going through a costly, time-consuming legal process. Since the union represents everyone, everyone benefits, so everyone should share in the costs of providing these services. Amazingly, nonmembers who are represented by a union can even sue the union if they think it has not represented them well enough!
Sue them for what? They didnt pay for anything. Paperwork can "accidentally" be untimely. You get what you pay for

Are you asking me why I work here?
I will tell you if you want me too.
I do not work for the union. I work for a supposed company. I pay the union to work for me. But you see how that has worked out.
But if you are asking me I will let you know without anger. Or other issue's. No reason to bring your anger here. Why would you do that? It's one brother talking to another. I've never done anything to you. I have paid my dues for close to 30 years and worked. Yes worked not slacked off like others. I have used up my body on that dock in the meantime and nobody else would or will hire a man. Yes I am a man. That has no usefulness and is too old. They can hire a fresh body for less money.
That's basically why I work here. It is certainly NOT FOR THE RETIREMENT! Why do you work here if you have issues with people that voice their opinion? I think it's a rather stupid question. Cause you. know the answer. We are all stuck in the same boat.

Are you asking me why I work here?
I will tell you if you want me too.
I do not work for the union. I work for a supposed company. I pay the union to work for me. But you see how that has worked out.
But if you are asking me I will let you know without anger. Or other issue's. No reason to bring your anger here. Why would you do that? It's one brother talking to another. I've never done anything to you. I have paid my dues for close to 30 years and worked. Yes worked not slacked off like others. I have used up my body on that dock in the meantime and nobody else would or will hire a man. Yes I am a man. That has no usefulness and is too old. They can hire a fresh body for less money.
That's basically why I work here. It is certainly NOT FOR THE RETIREMENT! Why do you work here if you have issues with people that voice their opinion? I think it's a rather stupid question. Cause you. know the answer. We are all stuck in the same boat.

WTF are you talking about? Did you post on the wrong topic?

I was answering screwy Louiy.
Read my friend read back on the posts.
Just call the number. I already have.
That's what the Kid wants us to do.
He does not sound too happy about the union either but you won't jump his butt will you. Just argue and swear at me for voicing my opinion.