XPO | What a joke!

2 yrs on the flex try 6 my friend im going for the record,everytime somebody quits retires or gets fired they eliminate a bid.i may never get a start time .i am fortunate enough to work plenty of hours but 6 yrs waiting by the phone really gets old,payin the dues.i like where i work and like what i do and finding 23.55 per hour in my area aint gonna happen so i just grin and bear it.eventually i will get the ever elusive start time.

I'm pushin 9 and 3/4 years...I'm on the bottom of the board...same place I was at my 3rd year here. One step forward, two steps back every January!

Waitin for people to retire! Its the only way forward now!

I feel for ya, what a bunch of crap. they made me run over 14 hours....said i can do that once a week. but I was 250 miles from the terminal. I raised hell, and they said I was legal, i told them I was not... the mgr treated me like dog crap, after about a week I resigned.

I volunteer for everything I can. I sign up for weekend l/h runs practically every weekend. We generally don't have any, but if we do, they go in order of seniority, and usually there's about 4-5 guys that are ahead of me that get more hours than me that sign up as well. So in the rare occasion we get something on the weekend, they call them first. It's not that I'm not making myself available, there's just lots of guys with lots of seniority that get the gravy all the time. I guess if I'm patient and wait another 10-15 years I might get there eventually.

I got 6 1/2 years now and luckly i have a 7am start time. Ive only had it for 2 years though, so for 4 years i was calling in. Ive been lucky to move up as quick as i have. I think im ranked 17 out of 55 city drivers. I have one of the longest p&d runs at my terminal and probably one of the longest in the company. I typically do 300 miles a day. Its 2 hours to my first stop on average. We also have a lot of guys on the bottom calling in and not getting many hours. I talked to one of our newer guys today and he said he only got 22 hours last week. They are basically coming into work to do swap outs and work outbound, thats about it. Freight is slower than i have ever seen it. I also sign up for Saturday overflow runs most of the time. The last time we had one was Dec 10th. It was a quick run, only 312 miles round trip (richmond,va to jessup, md). Pays almost 200 bucks before the tax man takes his share. (that run can take all day if you get hung in traffic around Washington, DC too). Anyhow, i hope things will pick up soon. I hope i'll be running saturday overflow to NCH every saturday to make up for the loss of overtime! I guess only time will tell.

What I am sick of is having another terminal coming thru and picking our 2 loads, while one of us sits home. THen having another terminal come thru in the morning to drop 2 loads and go back on empties...

we must work at the same place as this is a nightly occurence. god damn bs if you ask me

Another night of sitting at home while another terminal comes thru to pick our loads, and someone else will be dropping them off in the morning. Total BS!

I got 6 1/2 years now and luckly i have a 7am start time. Ive only had it for 2 years though, so for 4 years i was calling in. Ive been lucky to move up as quick as i have. I think im ranked 17 out of 55 city drivers. I have one of the longest p&d runs at my terminal and probably one of the longest in the company. I typically do 300 miles a day. Its 2 hours to my first stop on average. We also have a lot of guys on the bottom calling in and not getting many hours. I talked to one of our newer guys today and he said he only got 22 hours last week. They are basically coming into work to do swap outs and work outbound, thats about it. Freight is slower than i have ever seen it. I also sign up for Saturday overflow runs most of the time. The last time we had one was Dec 10th. It was a quick run, only 312 miles round trip (richmond,va to jessup, md). Pays almost 200 bucks before the tax man takes his share. (that run can take all day if you get hung in traffic around Washington, DC too). Anyhow, i hope things will pick up soon. I hope i'll be running saturday overflow to NCH every saturday to make up for the loss of overtime! I guess only time will tell.

It would take around 10 years at NNC to get a 7:00 start. And we hardly ever have overflow l/h. Our inbound weight has dropped off but we're still putting out about the same on outbound as we have for the past several months now. We lost our best dispatcher who had been there 11 years and replaced her with our old outbound dock supervisor. I think he's trying to play Superman with the man hours to make himself look good. Also our assistant tm is running the outbound dock right now and he's really pushing to get done early which makes him look good. They don't give a damn whether you can pay your bills or not. They try to say that everyone's struggling, but I'm pretty sure Con-way will be able to pay the rent this month. Who cares if I can.

I'm pushin 9 and 3/4 years...I'm on the bottom of the board...same place I was at my 3rd year here. One step forward, two steps back every January!

Waitin for people to retire! Its the only way forward now!
you must be the record holder,well my brother you have given me something to shoot for .....hurry up and give cajunman a bid so the record will be acheivable for me !yep im in the exact spot i was in at my hire date a couple more years and i may get a 1030 city peddle........oh wait i just called in and they said noon so cajun man im coming for the title!!!!!!

Whew I thought it was just our terminal that was linehaul's *****. Guess they do it to everyone.

It has more to do with the TM than linehaul to some extent. The way i understand it is the manager bids the number of schedules, and they also get a budget for the center. So its cheaper to use subservice to bring the freight, than to use an employee. From the boardroom it makes financial sense. I mean you can pay a swift, or a weiner or a crst driver 20c/mile when they have to pay us mid 40's an no wear and tear on the equipment. Its win win for them. But that doesn't feed your family or pay the bills.

you must be the record holder,well my brother you have given me something to shoot for .....hurry up and give cajunman a bid so the record will be acheivable for me !yep im in the exact spot i was in at my hire date a couple more years and i may get a 1030 city peddle........oh wait i just called in and they said noon so cajun man im coming for the title!!!!!!

Hell I called in and got another "call back @ 11:30" which means 15:00 again.

It has more to do with the TM than linehaul to some extent. The way i understand it is the manager bids the number of schedules, and they also get a budget for the center. So its cheaper to use subservice to bring the freight, than to use an employee. From the boardroom it makes financial sense. I mean you can pay a swift, or a weiner or a crst driver 20c/mile when they have to pay us mid 40's an no wear and tear on the equipment. Its win win for them. But that doesn't feed your family or pay the bills.
weiner?really weiner?cmon weiner for real?

Oh yeah, they love their sub-service! I think the boys in the big house wish they could put it all on sub-service and completely do away w/ l/h. Oh how the money would roll in!

Another night of sitting at home. 3rd night this week, 6th time in the last 2 weeks. Something has got to change soon....dont think I can make till this fall when 2 drivers are to retire....