XPO | What a joke!

hey i just wanna rub it in, we made 88 million for the 4th quarter.

See, told you. Company's doing great, who gives a damn about the driver! I want to know when I'm gonna get my damn VPP bonus! Only thing, it's not a frickin' bonus, all it's going to do is make up for the money I'm NOT making in normal hours. Thanks a lot Con-way for caring so much about your employees.

See, told you. Company's doing great, who gives a damn about the driver! I want to know when I'm gonna get my damn VPP bonus! Only thing, it's not a frickin' bonus, all it's going to do is make up for the money I'm NOT making in normal hours. Thanks a lot Con-way for caring so much about your employees.
You need to move to another sc. Most of us make plenty. And don't complain about the bonus. We were all new at one time. I used to work at night and barely got enough hours..

It would take around 10 years at NNC to get a 7:00 start. And we hardly ever have overflow l/h. Our inbound weight has dropped off but we're still putting out about the same on outbound as we have for the past several months now. We lost our best dispatcher who had been there 11 years and replaced her with our old outbound dock supervisor. I think he's trying to play Superman with the man hours to make himself look good. Also our assistant tm is running the outbound dock right now and he's really pushing to get done early which makes him look good. They don't give a damn whether you can pay your bills or not. They try to say that everyone's struggling, but I'm pretty sure Con-way will be able to pay the rent this month. Who cares if I can.

Ive been in Richmond for 6 1/2 years now, i was lucky to move up as quick as i have. I think im ranked like 16 out of 55 drivers (city). I have had a lot of guys in front of me leave for other jobs or get fired for accidents, a few retired or had health related problems that kept them from staying at work. Ive been lucky to never have been cut short on hours (under 40 a week). When i was hired we were slammed with freight. I was in the driving school.... would come in a 8am and do that until 5pm. Then work outbound dock and stay to work the FAC until sometimes midnight. Those were some looooong days and nights.

You need to move to another sc. Most of us make plenty. And don't complain about the bonus. We were all new at one time. I used to work at night and barely got enough hours..

What and get shoved back to the bottom of the board somewhere else and wind up 2 years from now in the exact same spot I'm in now? Only difference is I'd have 4 years in with this miserable outfit as opposed to the 2 I've got now! I've heard plenty of other horror stories from other folks in the same, if not worse situation than I'm in at other SICs. You make it sound like picking up and moving somewhere else is just SO easy. Kinda hard to move when your wife's a teacher and her parents live 15 minutes away. I'm sure she'd jump right on picking up, selling our house that's worth $30k less than we paid for it, and moving across the country to try to start over. I'll complain about the bonus if I damn well feel like it. For the time being it's still a free country, and I'm still entitled to my opinion.

What and get shoved back to the bottom of the board somewhere else and wind up 2 years from now in the exact same spot I'm in now? Only difference is I'd have 4 years in with this miserable outfit as opposed to the 2 I've got now! I've heard plenty of other horror stories from other folks in the same, if not worse situation than I'm in at other SICs. You make it sound like picking up and moving somewhere else is just SO easy. Kinda hard to move when your wife's a teacher and her parents live 15 minutes away. I'm sure she'd jump right on picking up, selling our house that's worth $30k less than we paid for it, and moving across the country to try to start over. I'll complain about the bonus if I damn well feel like it. For the time being it's still a free country, and I'm still entitled to my opinion.

Well, I didn't really mean to move... I was in a hurry in that post. Didn't know what to say.. YAY! America! Freedom of speech..

Well, I didn't really mean to move... I was in a hurry in that post. Didn't know what to say.. YAY! America! Freedom of speech..

If I don't move, what do I do? Transfer to Atlanta and be on the bottom of their board? It's the only SC close to me, and I'd be over tripling my commute just to drive there. I don't know if their situation is any better than ours. And I wasn't complaining about the bonus, I'm glad I'm getting it. It makes up for what I'd like to be making in normal wages. I can't work if they won't let me clock in.

If I don't move, what do I do? Transfer to Atlanta and be on the bottom of their board? It's the only SC close to me, and I'd be over tripling my commute just to drive there. I don't know if their situation is any better than ours. And I wasn't complaining about the bonus, I'm glad I'm getting it. It makes up for what I'd like to be making in normal wages. I can't work if they won't let me clock in.

Stick it out where your at, transfer to another terminal, or work for somebody else. Those are your options. I feel for you and wish you luck whatever your decision.

The Grapes of Wrath (1940) - I'll Be There - YouTube

I appreciate it... I've already made my decision, just have to see what comes about.
have you ever just showed up to work with out a phone call?? if your sitting at the house waiting why not do it in the breakroom at work. they will see you there and i bet within a few days of seeing you there they will find something for you to do. sweep the dock mty trash etc. try this out a few times a get back with us.

have you ever just showed up to work with out a phone call?? if your sitting at the house waiting why not do it in the breakroom at work. they will see you there and i bet within a few days of seeing you there they will find something for you to do. sweep the dock mty trash etc. try this out a few times a get back with us.
p.s. you dont complain like this at work do ya ?? remember you are there to make money. not buddys to complain with...

I've never just showed up, but I have volunteered to come in and work inbound, even at part-time dockworker pay. TM won't hear of it. He abides strictly by seniority on start times and won't let you work just because you're willing and able.

I've been with Con-way for alittle over 2 years, last year I was technically "flex" but fell into the last linehaul slot. This year I bit the bullet and bid linehaul and got it, I'm used to it now, and the money is better than P&D. Never know what will happen next year, could get stuck back on flex. I'm in a small terminal with a low...wait..no turnover rate, haha. anyone new that shows up doesn't stay more than a month or two.