SAIA | What does it take to be a TM?

Example....

“Business of minutes”....”X number of stops per hour”.... “Out of the yard in 20 minutes”...

But Mr. Pinhead, what about these sort and segregates and beauty supply stores that will take at least an hour each??

“Uh...um... uh..... See above”.

Seems like you have been left behind, any truck driver can answer all your questions and a lot more.
You're talking grammar school questions.

Because the previous driver certified that everything was OK! Or because that’s just the way SAIA wants things done. Take your pick.

Well I can’t see it either way. What if he puts in an issue? It’s not letting me see it. Shouldn’t it show the next driver the issues of any.

Well I can’t see it either way. What if he puts in an issue? It’s not letting me see it. Shouldn’t it show the next driver the issues of any.
You don’t need to see it because the previous driver certified it to be true and correct of no defects. It’s on the shop to fix issues if he reported them. Just do your pre-trip and move on if everything is OK.

You don’t need to see it because the previous driver certified it to be true and correct of no defects. It’s on the shop to fix issues if he reported them. Just do your pre-trip and move on if everything is OK.

Yeah, just wondering. Wasn’t sure what the hell I’ve been certifying. Always have used a paper form with other employers.

If a defect is entered, don’t you think the next driver is supposed to see it? If not, that defeats the purpose, right. I would like to see if the previous driver had a steering issue or something else that might pertain to me now as the driver so that I can be attentive of. Why is it only maintances knowledge.

If a defect is entered, don’t you think the next driver is supposed to see it? If not, that defeats the purpose, right. I would like to see if the previous driver had a steering issue or something else that might pertain to me now as the driver so that I can be attentive of. Why is it only maintances knowledge.

You are saying you don't get previous drivers report?
We couldn't leave the yard without it.

I think it's a DOT requirement that you are able to see the previous driver;s w/ups or ndf's as the reviewing driver. We still use a paper dvr and that's the way ours work

DOT hasn’t required anything for a few years assuming there are no defects. You only need documentation for defects. If you’re driving it, that, in essence, is your certification you pre tripped it.

I think it's a DOT requirement that you are able to see the previous driver;s w/ups or ndf's as the reviewing driver. We still use a paper dvr and that's the way ours work

I also thought it was a requirement, if it wasn't in tractor, it was clock time until shop produced one.

Driver's responsibility to pretrip. But, knowing what (if any) defects existed at the point of the last post trip would certainly be beneficial. Like, if the air conditioning wasn't working, but it was a L/H truck...it would be nice to know of the defect before taking it out for city work in Phoenix

zPGRmPl.jpg

Every place if driven for has said the same, DOT required, must have or you don’t drive unit until you have one.
My company's DVIR actually quotes regulations requiring you to review: 396.13 (a, b & c)