TForce | What, no lay offs at UPSF?

Brady99

TB Lurker
Credits
At ODFL where I work had to lay-off this month and most ltl carriers I've seen layoff discussions in there forums, but I haven't here. Has UPSF been able to avoid the lay-off scourge totally?

were expanding, zone terminals going up everywhere.

Some terminals are laying off but freight levels are up, there expanding the use of contractors and sales are actively going after the competitions freight.

Overnite was quite small compared to other freight companies, UPS wants us to triple in size.

At ODFL where I work had to lay-off this month and most ltl carriers I've seen layoff discussions in there forums, but I haven't here. Has UPSF been able to avoid the lay-off scourge totally?

(9 drivers in DAL on layoff .Back to work last week.:clap::clap:

2 laid off in Cincinnati, 2 more bumped to dock (so 4 affected by lay off) should be back but aren't Goofy TM posted 9 pu & d positions and didn't recall laid off dock cdl's. Tm trying to eliminate all but few of dock cdl positions, we have 15, he wants to keep 3 and just make everyone else PU&D ?????? all above greived so we'll see what happen's

how many laid off in K.C.

A total of 6 including myself, I should be the first to go back when (if) they recall. I hear the subcontractors are staying extra busy in the meantime though. Prior to the 6 in December, 5-6 were laid off in November.
How about your terminal?

So is upsf must be using contractors because they are cheaper than the set pay scale they must pay their own employees. If this is correct, does anyone feel that more upsf jobs will be continued to be cut in future? Or would a move to upsf if possible be a safe one?

The subcontractor issue has been grieved and from what I understand, It is either in arbitration or it is going to arbitration. Overall, as far as a good company to work for - I think UPSF is one of the best. If you get a chance to work for them, I say - go for it!

I think upsf don't have alot of their own truck to pull there freight, they stop renting truck

I really dont think a lack of tractors has anything to do with it. Putting the laid off drivers back in the tractors and allowing them to haul the freight instead of subcontracting it out would allow them to stop renting trucks.

the company is testing us down, here the contractors are usually 3-4 hours late that puts everything behind the minihub in oro only has 9 doors to break out of when you get 3-4 contractors come late and those trailers have to be carried over onto the minihub it puts the whole system in a bind.

The company is pushing the contractor issue and Hoping we accept it.

the company is testing us down, here the contractors are usually 3-4 hours late that puts everything behind the minihub in oro only has 9 doors to break out of when you get 3-4 contractors come late and those trailers have to be carried over onto the minihub it puts the whole system in a bind.

The company is pushing the contractor issue and Hoping we accept it.

I agree -They are trying to set presidence with the use of subcontractors. Sure hope the Union puts this one to rest soon. I'm out of the loop right now and not sure where the grievance process stands on the subcontractors.

it went to the national grievance panel and the issue was deadlocked, the arbitrator will deceide at the end of march.