TForce | What, no lay offs at UPSF?

9 road drivers on lay off at SOH, and they say they are going to lay off 2 more times in march. At least thats the rumor.
When we were first bought by ups soh hired a bunch of road drivers without a increase of freight. the small centers bring the freight to soh. so there is not a lot of need for soh to have that many road drivers. this is happening because the linehaul opps. is changing. now there is a mini hub in app. so that is lost work in soh. not all the freight is going to soh any more from wi. mn. and more to come. the next in min. for a mini hub. more zones in mn. and the nd and sd. and then ia. so they are going to build a nice star around soh. expect more road lay offs at soh.

When we were first bought by ups soh hired a bunch of road drivers without a increase of freight. the small centers bring the freight to soh. so there is not a lot of need for soh to have that many road drivers. this is happening because the linehaul opps. is changing. now there is a mini hub in app. so that is lost work in soh. not all the freight is going to soh any more from wi. mn. and more to come. the next in min. for a mini hub. more zones in mn. and the nd and sd. and then ia. so they are going to build a nice star around soh. expect more road lay offs at soh.

Question????
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but if SOH is loosing runs because of these new “Zone Centers” why is the Union not doing something about it?? They are allowing UPS to purposely lay-off employees, who has been with this company for years? I believe the Union is allowing this to happen so that Teamsters members who were laid off or let go from other union companies can come to work here. I hope I'm totally wrong about this, but I do not believe so!!
What are we paying $60 dollars a month to the Unions for again?????? :furious:

Question????
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but if SOH is loosing runs because of these new “Zone Centers” why is the Union not doing something about it?? They are allowing UPS to purposely lay-off employees, who has been with this company for years? I believe the Union is allowing this to happen so that Teamsters members who were laid off or let go from other union companies can come to work here. I hope I'm totally wrong about this, but I do not believe so!!

It's the TM that lays-off employees, (UPS) not the union, the UNION would like to have everyone working. good for you, good for them.And longtime members who have been in union an freight(MNFA)for a long time will not came here, they want there penison,they want to finish out.And the union cannot tell the company how to run there business, if they feel that they must reduce the work force they will.The union(US)thats right you, can only enforce what the contracts saids

Question????

It was my understanding that the existing UPS Freight employees would take care of the zone centers, that existing runs would be modified and ran by current employees prior to new hires.

It's the TM that lays-off employees, (UPS) not the union, the UNION would like to have everyone working. good for you, good for them.And longtime members who have been in union an freight(MNFA)for a long time will not came here, they want there penison,they want to finish out.And the union cannot tell the company how to run there business, if they feel that they must reduce the work force they will.The union(US)thats right you, can only enforce what the contracts saids

Crossroads,
A couple of questions
1. Are you saying its OK to hire people off of the street for these "Zone Centers" while we have employees sitting at home?
Does not sound like enforcement of the contract to me!

2. Are you saying that a individual who has worked under the MNFA at another ltl company would not come here to work, because they want there penision???
If thats what your saying, just read the boards!!

3. So you don't believe the Union can tell UPS how to run their business???
Why do we pay dues, if that is true!!

Just a few questions to ponder about!:popcorn:

It was my understanding that the existing UPS Freight employees would take care of the zone centers, that existing runs would be modified and ran by current employees prior to new hires.

All I know is that the "Zone Centers" that has came on-line in IL, WI, and MI, has new employees that are non union manning them!! :angry2:

Crossroads,
A couple of questions
1. Are you saying its OK to hire people off of the street for these "Zone Centers" while we have employees sitting at home?
Does not sound like enforcement of the contract to me!

2. Are you saying that a individual who has worked under the MNFA at another ltl company would not come here to work, because they want there penision???
If thats what your saying, just read the boards!!

3. So you don't believe the Union can tell UPS how to run their business???
Why do we pay dues, if that is true!!

Just a few questions to ponder about!:popcorn:
1; We have a card check agreement, so if that zone driver signs one he should be representation, and if its a new opening, someone should be able to transfer, yes

2; Yes some have asked questions about UPSF may not have a lot of years in the union, or are just desperate for a job, not a lot of jobs out there

3;No we can not tell them how to run there business, if they need to lay-off they can.But you can tell them to ahere to the contract.As for union dues, if you feel they are not ahereing to the contract you can file a grievance,something you can't do if you are non-union, what the manager says goes in a non union barn.A UNION IS ONLY AS STRONG AS THE PEOPLE IN THE UNION. if you think you are being wronged than file!And if you don't like the job your BA is doing, than run for his job, they are voted in by the members,did you vote your TM in?

1; We have a card check agreement, so if that zone driver signs one he should be representation, and if its a new opening, someone should be able to transfer, yes

2; Yes some have asked questions about UPSF may not have a lot of years in the union, or are just desperate for a job, not a lot of jobs out there

3;No we can not tell them how to run there business, if they need to lay-off they can.But you can tell them to ahere to the contract.As for union dues, if you feel they are not ahereing to the contract you can file a grievance,something you can't do if you are non-union, what the manager says goes in a non union barn.A UNION IS ONLY AS STRONG AS THE PEOPLE IN THE UNION. if you think you are being wronged than file!And if you don't like the job your BA is doing, than run for his job, they are voted in by the members,did you vote your TM in?

Crossroads,
1. Try to transfer to one of those terminals, you will be told "no"; the "Zone Center" drivers pay scale is different, their starting pay is over $18 an hour do not know the starting milage pay!

2. So you believe those guys are desprate to work over here what a joke (on your part)! Back when we were OverNight we made more money then those guys. (ex: Union trucks did 55 our trucks would do 65) which translate into more miles for use to run. I'm not to happy with some of the things going on here right now, but I'll tell anyone this is the best LTL Company to work for!!

3. Yes, we can tell them how to run their business if they are violating the contract! (ex:Conway take back, UPS Freight can not decrease our wages unless we say yes to it).

:mfight:

Crossroads,
1. Try to transfer to one of those terminals, you will be told "no"; the "Zone Center" drivers pay scale is different, their starting pay is over $18 an hour do not know the starting milage pay!

2. So you believe those guys are desprate to work over here what a joke (on your part)! Back when we were OverNight we made more money then those guys. (ex: Union trucks did 55 our trucks would do 65) which translate into more miles for use to run. I'm not to happy with some of the things going on here right now, but I'll tell anyone this is the best LTL Company to work for!!

3. Yes, we can tell them how to run their business if they are violating the contract! (ex:Conway take back, UPS Freight can not decrease our wages unless we say yes to it).

:mfight:

Forget it!!!!

First Welcome... bigdeer..:clap:

..good to hear the guys got called back...now maybe "Slick":smilie_132: can get a shave....:biglaugh:

i know of a few dock workers laid off and they haven't been able to collect ANY unemployment cause the company doesn't show them as being employed even though they got w-2's in the mail.

1 has been called back to work...

Hello and welcome to all the newbies on this board, sorry for the not so personal message, but have a good time here and tell all of your freinds and collegues about us.

When you get the chance make sure you all look at the forum rules, very important, thanx.
ACCELERATOR

PS: This has been a public service announcement!!!!!!

ups dockwkr stl,
Are any of your full time employees on layoffs at this time, while they are hiring pt dockworkers?