ABF | What to expect as new hire?

True story. While I was there we had a driver get shot in the shoulder staying at the motel in Kansas City. Guy was sound asleep and a damn bullet came through the wall and got him. He was back quickly but man what a story to tell.
Bed bugs, fleas, old used syringes, strange people just walking in your room while you are sleeping, I could go on, too many bad experiences. That was the worst part of running the road in my opinion. Nothing like a nice long 10,12 hour run and getting to some dump where it was too creepy to sleep.

Bed bugs, fleas, old used syringes, strange people just walking in your room while you are sleeping, I could go on, too many bad experiences. That was the worst part of running the road in my opinion. Nothing like a nice long 10,12 hour run and getting to some dump where it was too creepy to sleep.
Sounds like you shoulda packed it in years ago!! #3, out

I know the feeling.
I was awakened one morning in the old Empire Hotel in Birm.
A rustling noise came from across the room.
I retrieved my 38 SPC S&W from my handbag, flipped on the light.
In the corner was an 8" cockroach with a switchblade trying to take a piece of cheese from a rat.

I know the feeling.
In the corner was an 8" cockroach with a switchblade trying to take a piece of cheese from a rat.
Wtf…

I know the feeling.
Also you learn to look in your boots before you put them on. That was a habit I developed from my time overseas.

I know the feeling.

Man, times sure have changed. I almost shot a cockroach once too….. but with a semi auto. :draw:

I know the feeling.
I know that feeling. the cockroach's In Panama, were so big the beds were bolted to the floor, so you didn't wake up outside.

I know the feeling.
Come on, don't leave us in suspense, what did you do? (This should be good)

I know the feeling.
Did you call for backup? von.

I know y’all are offering a $7,500 sign on bonus on day #1 in Atl and nobody is jumping ship