TForce | What Yrc Teamsters thinks of UPSF Teamsters

papajohn

TB Veteran
Credits
2588437856.png

This is what some Yrc Teamsters thinks about UPSF teamsters and your company!!!

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/yrc-freight/103370-giving-freight-away.html

Your post is ridiculous.

First off, casuals do get benefits. The starting pay is $12 per hour, top pay at $16.50, then all contract raises after you finish progression. There medical is no cost 80/20 with vision/dental included.

We arent Teamsters. Teamsters wouldnt have voted down a contract, then voted the same contract in 6 months later because the union threatened to strike.

Opinions are like rectums. I have no issues with the YRC employees or ABF either. We are all in the same fight, now instead of one war we are fighting 3 separate wars. Divide and conquer, the strategy is working.

I missed part of what I meant to put in originally.

The nonunion employees are also in this war. We have a vote, I don't understand why they don't want one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We arent Teamsters. Teamsters wouldnt have voted down a contract, then voted the same contract in 6 months later because the union threatened to strike.

No one is keeping you here. If it is soooooo bad why don't you move on? This job is the top of the food chain in LTL.

That must also apply to the twenty six thousand employees at YRC. And then you have ABF. Think first!

Are we going to keep fanning the flames and keep us divided? How about we all try to make this contract work for us? It's one of 2 choices we have that are in our best interests.

2588437856.png

This is what some Yrc Teamsters thinks about UPSF teamsters and your company!!!

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/yrc-freight/103370-giving-freight-away.html

What, one or two disgruntled employees out of twenty six thousand posts some nonsense and we are supposed to be concerned? Its quite clear they don't have a clue about the freight industry. Under cut? UPSF has the highest prices in the market. UPSF took two of their customers? Wow how did they do that? This must be ground breaking news in freight industry.

Are we going to keep fanning the flames and keep us divided? How about we all try to make this contract work for us? It's one of 2 choices we have that are in our best interests.

How can we try to make this contract work when there is no clear cut language on anything?

What, one or two disgruntled employees out of twenty six thousand posts some nonsense and we are supposed to be concerned? Its quite clear they don't have a clue about the freight industry. Under cut? UPSF has the highest prices in the market. UPSF took two of their customers? Wow how did they do that? This must be ground breaking news in freight industry.

vedder 716 thinks small pac carries freight? Freight is very much capable of carrying itself. And does. Small pac and freight are two different divisions and companies and do not rely one on another. freight has profited over 2 billion by itself. Our contract was not based on what small pac had won as they are much bigger than freight. But was based on the prophet freight had generated. I was a no vote but still am thankful I have what I have in our contract. It was our rightful privilege to vote the way we did. It was not voted on how others thought we should vote. Its done and over and I will be thankful and supportive for my new contract.

I find it's easier and more enjoyable to just show up, do your job and collect the direct deposits every week. This job is just a tool for making money. That's my take anyway. I have no desire to waste energy on things that don't enhance my bottom line.

If you can't beat their business model blame them for the lose of common sense in management roflmao how much longer before the economy tanks again and YRC is forced to close down completely all they are doing is treading water and according to what I know we only have about 12-15% of the market share and last i heard YRC had close to 33% but how dare we make more money off half the freight then they do lol

I believe UPS Freight has about 8% of the LTL market. But you are dead on with the rest of your comment.

The top five LTL carriers enjoy a collective 56 percent market share—FedEx Freight (16 percent), YRC (15 percent), Con-way Freight (11 percent), UPS Freight (8 percent) and Old Dominion Freight Line (6 percent).

I believe UPS Freight has about 8% of the LTL market. But you are dead on with the rest of your comment.

The top five LTL carriers enjoy a collective 56 percent market share—FedEx Freight (16 percent), YRC (15 percent), Con-way Freight (11 percent), UPS Freight (8 percent) and Old Dominion Freight Line (6 percent).

And the only 2 profitable ones are the 2 with the least amount of market share, of course I am going out on a limb with OD because I'm not sure if they are profitable or not just hear say. Maybe the whole problem is YRC and the rest are running freight like freight has always been run and upsf runs more like a package company. I don't know it doesn't make any sense to me because all I see is waste but apparently I'm wrong because we are still making a profit.

It's just a matter of time until UPS Freight grows it's market share. In the next ten years UPS Freight should conservatively grow its market share by 5% to 10%.

It's just a matter of time until UPS Freight grows it's market share. In the next ten years UPS Freight should conservatively grow its market share by 5% to 10%.

I think UPSF has plans to grow much faster then that. I believe they plan on making us as big as Brown but they don't want to grow with a ton of debt hanging over our heads forcing us to do stupid things like YRC did.