TForce | What Yrc Teamsters thinks of UPSF Teamsters

I do believe that as soon as YRCW goes under and trust me they will go under that we will be moving into a bunch of their facilities. I base this under the simple fact that to my knowledge every LTL company that has ever taken concessions has gone under only difference is how long it takes for them to finally be honest with their investors. I do have hope for YRCW but they need to do drastic things to fix themselves and I don't see a management that is willing to admit they screwed up yet.

I do believe that as soon as YRCW goes under and trust me they will go under that we will be moving into a bunch of their facilities. I base this under the simple fact that to my knowledge every LTL company that has ever taken concessions has gone under only difference is how long it takes for them to finally be honest with their investors. I do have hope for YRCW but they need to do drastic things to fix themselves and I don't see a management that is willing to admit they screwed up yet.

If/when they close the doors we will all be worse off then we were with them around.

Maybe so maybe not really hard to tell till it actually happens and they could go on like this for a very long time before they finally close the doors

I do believe that as soon as YRCW goes under and trust me they will go under that we will be moving into a bunch of their facilities. I base this under the simple fact that to my knowledge every LTL company that has ever taken concessions has gone under only difference is how long it takes for them to finally be honest with their investors. I do have hope for YRCW but they need to do drastic things to fix themselves and I don't see a management that is willing to admit they screwed up yet.[/QUOTE Estes already bought all the terminals that are worth a crap and lease them back to y r c w . They will probably take the newer ones I'm guessing.

How Could estes buy terminals that YRC never owned YRC has always leased there terminals with just a few exceptions namely the Carlisle pa terminal which ups is rumored to have already placed a hold on or bought different rumors so hard to say what is actually true or not

How Could estes buy terminals that YRC never owned YRC has always leased there terminals with just a few exceptions namely the Carlisle pa terminal which ups is rumored to have already placed a hold on or bought different rumors so hard to say what is actually true or not

Yellow may have always leased. But roadway and holland owned all their assets outright

I believe UPS Freight has about 8% of the LTL market. But you are dead on with the rest of your comment.

The top five LTL carriers enjoy a collective 56 percent market share—FedEx Freight (16 percent), YRC (15 percent), Con-way Freight (11 percent), UPS Freight (8 percent) and Old Dominion Freight Line (6 percent).

It is easy for these percentages to change. Just keep watching...

UPS Freight would be better off building a larger more modern terminal than buying the old YRCW terminal in Carlisle.

Nope they want that terminal because when triples start coming all the way into Carlisle that terminal has its own turnpike access from what I have been told it's already been approved by the turnpike just no reason for it until they allow triples

Yellow may have always leased. But roadway and holland owned all their assets outright

Correct, but, Don't forget New Penn, they owned all of theirs also yrc-atm. Big R was real estate wealthy for sure, Mr. Zollars wiped that out!

I never post in other forums but I work at yrc and believe upsf is a very prestigious company
I and most of the people I work with have nothing but love for y'all as brothers and have nothing bad to say about you all because especially financially you all are the cream of the crop at this time
Before Zollars we were debt free and rolling and our down times have nothing to do with upsf or any other ltl, our wounds are self inflicted
Please don't let one post taken out of context delivered by a mess starter in any way speak for the masses of us
We look at you all as brothers
Brothers in a condition we would love to return to one day but never in a way of jealousy
All we want to do is like every other man
Go to work, support our families and our communities, we got financing to give us a chance to do a lot better in the next 5 years to preserve our jobs
You can't imagine the stress it is to go through this and have people wishing you on the street and constantly mock and meddle you while you're down
We had to tell our wives and children that if this company can't get financing in the next couple of weeks we won't have a job
Thank God we have Upsf keeping the standards high but our previous management forced us into a position to concede some to survive
No negative thoughts at all toward ups, nothing but love and respect

I never post in other forums but I work at yrc and believe upsf is a very prestigious company
I and most of the people I work with have nothing but love for y'all as brothers and have nothing bad to say about you all because especially financially you all are the cream of the crop at this time
Before Zollars we were debt free and rolling and our down times have nothing to do with upsf or any other ltl, our wounds are self inflicted
Please don't let one post taken out of context delivered by a mess starter in any way speak for the masses of us
We look at you all as brothers
Brothers in a condition we would love to return to one day but never in a way of jealousy
All we want to do is like every other man
Go to work, support our families and our communities, we got financing to give us a chance to do a lot better in the next 5 years to preserve our jobs
You can't imagine the stress it is to go through this and have people wishing you on the street and constantly mock and meddle you while you're down
We had to tell our wives and children that if this company can't get financing in the next couple of weeks we won't have a job
Thank God we have Upsf keeping the standards high but our previous management forced us into a position to concede some to survive
No negative thoughts at all toward ups, nothing but love and respect

And I wish nothing but the best and success for all of you over at YRC.

vedder 716 thinks small pac carries freight? Freight is very much capable of carrying itself. And does. Small pac and freight are two different divisions and companies and do not rely one on another. freight has profited over 2 billion by itself. Our contract was not based on what small pac had won as they are much bigger than freight. But was based on the prophet freight had generated. I was a no vote but still am thankful I have what I have in our contract. It was our rightful privilege to vote the way we did. It was not voted on how others thought we should vote. Its done and over and I will be thankful and supportive for my new contract.

R u dumb or something?????? 2 billion profit???? U mean 2 billion in revenue. It just shows in ur comments that you think the blue n silver is still in charge, this is a union outfit, and if u think the ups management wont cut ur throat if they got the chance, well then let me sell u a 50 yr old virgin with double D's. Ur a company bitchzzzz

And the only 2 profitable ones are the 2 with the least amount of market share, of course I am going out on a limb with OD because I'm not sure if they are profitable or not just hear say. Maybe the whole problem is YRC and the rest are running freight like freight has always been run and upsf runs more like a package company. I don't know it doesn't make any sense to me because all I see is waste but apparently I'm wrong because we are still making a profit.

ODFL is the most profitable outfit in our line of work the last 4 years. And how do u know upsf is profitable????? Have you ever seen upsf o/r??????? I havent. ODFL's is always been in the mid to upper 80s. Upsf will never post their earnings, they do the same thing that fred does, they post our numbers with supply chain and air freight. Show me upsf o/r if u cant, then keep your yap shut with your lying azzz mouth

ODFL is the most profitable outfit in our line of work the last 4 years. And how do u know upsf is profitable????? Have you ever seen upsf o/r??????? I havent. ODFL's is always been in the mid to upper 80s. Upsf will never post their earnings, they do the same thing that fred does, they post our numbers with supply chain and air freight. Show me upsf o/r if u cant, then keep your yap shut with your lying azzz mouth

Technically according to SEC filings and rules UPS and UPSF are 1 company therefore yes we are profitable and no I don't lie on here I state what I know. You should go crawl back in your hole already.

UPS Freight is going absolutely nowhere but up. Mark this post. In the next ten years there will likely be fewer LTL's and UPS Freights market share will only grow.