XPO | Where's the Gatorade?

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
The temp is in the 90's and no water or Gatorade. I know it's a not a right to get Gatorade ,:hissyfit: but it sure does help, A LOT.

I do not drink it , I do not know where the water comes from, how often they clean the jug, who is mixing it, what they are using to stir it up.:hide:

I do not drink it , I do not know where the water comes from, how often they clean the jug, who is mixing it, what they are using to stir it up.:hide:

I mix gatorade with a dock hook .. when I used to be a cook I used a toilet plunger to scramble eggs ... they came out really fluffy ..

True story: The secretary used the toliet bowl brush to clean the glass coffee pots. I finally had to hide it. :hide: The drivers never knew. I was cleaning service years ago and found my toliet brush on the sink and couldn't figure what the deal was?? I kept putting the brush back only to find it back at the sink. Oh and I did use it on toliets.

Careful when drinking any mixed beverages in those jugs.
Check the inside for mold as well as the spout.

Not many people clean those areas well and can truly make you SICK!

I also see many flies, bees and mosquitoes attracted to the spout.

They are better off providing bottled or canned drinks on those hot days, otherwise ask to get a scoop of the mix and put it in your own water bottle.

They are better off providing bottled or canned drinks on those hot days, otherwise ask to get a scoop of the mix and put it in your own water bottle.

Our SCM gets us drinks in bottles when it gets above 90, or at least he used to.:1036316054:I was just curious,because it got above 90 the last few days and nothing but smiles and a pat on the back. We got cake for the 25th year aniversary , but to be honest, cake doesn't help much on the dock or in your tractor. Are we cutting back? BTW I know drinks aren't a right and I'm grateful for the free stuff,just wondering is all.

E.Coli is also a known contaminate on items such as coolers (jugs), the little fast mixing juice at the local ma and pop diner, the pre-made tea in the big clear dispensers at the same diners, and also your very own plastic container you use at home and if you are like me, only rinse it out between tea batches...also it is always good to rinse and let soak for a little while n a 1:10 ratio mix of bleach/water...also if you do not know, sodium hypochlorite, the active ingredient in bleach, loses it potency for disinfecting within a relatively short time span (google it to find particulars)...

Now with all that said...next time you go for that nice, cool, cup of conway kool aid...like inside, think of this post, wonder when the last time the lazy TM/FOM/FOS/CSR actually rinsed/cleaned that thing out with bleach, or even clean water and regular dishsoap...then wash down that thirst with that..knowing that the CSR who was pissed off cause they had to make it, stuck their arm in to stir the mixture with the hand...mmmm...can i have another glass of gatorade please...

Better yet...take responsibility and buy your own drinks...why would you expect these people to buy you drinks??? That is one thing that has always amazed me...if it gets hot, buy yourself (or bring yourself) some water...you dont need that kool aide/gator aid crap no how...

high five

E.Coli is also a known contaminate on items such as coolers (jugs), the little fast mixing juice at the local ma and pop diner, the pre-made tea in the big clear dispensers at the same diners, and also your very own plastic container you use at home and if you are like me, only rinse it out between tea batches...also it is always good to rinse and let soak for a little while n a 1:10 ratio mix of bleach/water...also if you do not know, sodium hypochlorite, the active ingredient in bleach, loses it potency for disinfecting within a relatively short time span (google it to find particulars)...

Now with all that said...next time you go for that nice, cool, cup of conway kool aid...like inside, think of this post, wonder when the last time the lazy TM/FOM/FOS/CSR actually rinsed/cleaned that thing out with bleach, or even clean water and regular dishsoap...then wash down that thirst with that..knowing that the CSR who was pissed off cause they had to make it, stuck their arm in to stir the mixture with the hand...mmmm...can i have another glass of gatorade please...

i almost fell asleep at the part about sodium hypo (just kidding ). but when you mentioned the arm trick i couldn't wait to tell my story. i was walking in the break room when i saw a guy pouring the mix into the jug then he added water. i couldn't wait to get a fresh cup. then i swear he stuck his dirty hairy arm down in the jug and began to mix it. i don't take any chances any more. when i want clean water i always flush twice.

Better yet...take responsibility and buy your own drinks...why would you expect these people to buy you drinks??? That is one thing that has always amazed me...if it gets hot, buy yourself (or bring yourself) some water...you dont need that kool aide/gator aid crap no how...

You may be right on the money here buddy...
next possible round of cost cutting at XCW may include elimination of the water cooler and the bottles that go with it. This will be both interesting and entertaining to watch unfold. For you guys that run in there you are aware that the upstairs washroom (the executive washroom from the Marty days) when unlocked, has little water pressure and
the faucets are not designed for anything but washing your hands (your choice cold water on the left and colder water on the right). So where would one go at XCW to fill their water jug? I wonder how much lead and diesel fuel will be found if and when they test the well water.

Plan ahead fellas... maybe you can hire the greeters part time to staff a beverage cart for you during reship. Don't forget that tip!

I always go and buy my husband drinks for the week. If he says he's running low before the end of the week, I head out and get more. But there has been Gatorade available to the drivers at this terminal in the past.

Providing Gatorade or equivalent is usually at the discretion of the TM.
It used to be...and it still might be....that an email would be sent reminding them to provide cold drinks for the hot summer days and hot drinks for the cold winter days.
I remember them providing cold drinks when the temps were 90º plus out.
They even went as far as providing ice cream bars.

I freeze half bottles of H2O and than add more H2O and keep them in a cooler.
Sometimes I would buy Gatorade in powdered form and add it to my H2O bottle.

90 deg.??? It doesn't get that cold here, even at night. July/August, 120 deg./days, 104 deg./nights. Dock misters, or fans would help, but, that isn't going to happen......anyway, it IS a "dry" heat....like that makes a difference........you do get used to it though, been here for almost 20 yrs now, and summers aren't as oppressive as they were when we first moved here. :Flame-On::Flame-On:

heat

90 deg.??? It doesn't get that cold here, even at night. July/August, 120 deg./days, 104 deg./nights. Dock misters, or fans would help, but, that isn't going to happen......anyway, it IS a "dry" heat....like that makes a difference........you do get used to it though, been here for almost 20 yrs now, and summers aren't as oppressive as they were when we first moved here. :Flame-On::Flame-On:

wow ! i didn't know we had a service center in Baghdad.

I'll never be able to look at this stuff in the right frame of mind again. The next thing outta your keyboard is probably gonna be somebody peed in the coffee pot somewhere. Yuckkkkkkk.

Try 100+ days with 100% humidity. You can't even SWEAT on those days!