XPO | Who to report a Stolen Valor/VA fraud case to?

No, but I know you can't run linehaul if you're 80% disabled; and you can't have HAZMAT endorsement if you're mentally ill (PTSD.)

As a younger, fit, family man; seeing - and hearing in this thread - from unstable 300 lb diabetic seniors that benefits fraud should be ignored is disheartening.
You need to look up VA's definition of disabled. BTW plenty of one legged drivers...running linehaul.

Hello all.
Think maybe this is my 2nd time every posting something on here in 10+yrs? But, I felt the need to respond to ravin.six.
Let me start by saying I started back in March of 1994 see alot of things I didn't like or agree with but you never know what a person has going on in their live.
Just because he runs linehaul and has a VA disability rating doesn't mean he's can't perform his job. I am also a Vet with a disability but very few people know.(my choice) just because of the misguided reaction you have show.
My 1st encounter with the VA was by chance walking the information booth they had set up. After some conversation with the VA Reps I was told that I Need to file a claim for my injuries I sustained when on active duty(non-combat). I told the VA reps that there are more deserving Vets that are worse off than I that could use the help, I was taken back when they all said NO you served your country and You also deserve help so stop thinking that way. Just because your coworker fell out of the truck, in the VA's eye's it's service related. Ravin.six if you don't like the system speak up call the VA congress person or whoever but, don't mix the Vets VA disability with his personal appearance or addatude all rolled up into one. This is a battle you will never win.
Roger that Ravin.six 10-2 delta out.
Thank you for the measured response. The point I'm trying to make is that an 80% disability rating is quite severe. So either he can't run linehaul to the job description, or he's not 80% disabled. Lying about being a combat vet is a different issue.

If he's taking 80% disability for falling off a truck and some phantom PTSD, he's by definition unable to function - he is disabled. In that case there's no way he can run 500 miles/night safely. If he can safely run 500 miles/night and work FAC if needed, he is not 80% disabled. Period.

I mentioned the false combat record more as a note of how disgusting I think it is to lie about combat. He did a short tour in Germany during Desert Storm and was RIF'd shortly thereafter. I guess being told "no" for once gave him PTSD.

Thank you for the measured response. The point I'm trying to make is that an 80% disability rating is quite severe. So either he can't run linehaul to the job description, or he's not 80% disabled. Lying about being a combat vet is a different issue.

If he's taking 80% disability for falling off a truck and some phantom PTSD, he's by definition unable to function - he is disabled. In that case there's no way he can run 500 miles/night safely. If he can safely run 500 miles/night and work FAC if needed, he is not 80% disabled. Period.

I mentioned the false combat record more as a note of how disgusting I think it is to lie about combat. He did a short tour in Germany during Desert Storm and was RIF'd shortly thereafter. I guess being told "no" for once gave him PTSD.
A 80% VA disability rating is not quite as bad as it sounds. The va rating system is pretty "unique ". A 80% rating could be for multiple conditions that might "add up to " 80% but might be 10% for tinnitus, 30% ankle, ect,ect,ect. So no one really know what his rating is except for him and the va. You could always ask to see his rating papers the va send out. Let me know how that goes. 😁 . I can't speak to how he handles himself at your barn or his boisterous mouth , only trying to clear up the VA part. Hope I have helped in some way.
Darrell

If he can pass the D.O.T. physical he's qualified to run linehaul. I work with someone who openly talks about his PTSD. He holds a hazmat endorsement and I'm sure there's many others. What makes you think a vet with PTSD shouldn't have a hazmat endorsement.
If you feel so strongly about it I suggest you confront this individual yourself or mind your own business. I don't mean to sound harsh and I can understand having a problem with stolen valor but you haven't mentioned much about the conversations you've had with this individual to come to this conclusion.
Was he serving in the military when he fell off the truck? Did he take shrapnel in the knee in desert storm? You've yet to tell us that one of these things never happened.

If you feel it’s an ethics violation, report to hr. If he’s lying for personal gain, report it. Then move on.

OP doesn't know what information was given to the company. What was told to the company and what gets told to everybody else can be 2 very different things.

Getting on disability requires documentation. You can't walk into an office with exaggerated claims and walk out with disability.

Any HR person won't touch this with a 10 foot pole. First, they can't share any findings with the OP. Second, this is one social media post away from being a PR nightmare. People only read the headlines.

OP isn't going to be able to move on. This bothers him to the point that he felt the need to insult people that disagree with him. If he's that bothered by the guy, just ignore him.

If he can pass the D.O.T. physical he's qualified to run linehaul. I work with someone who openly talks about his PTSD. He holds a hazmat endorsement and I'm sure there's many others. What makes you think a vet with PTSD shouldn't have a hazmat endorsement.
If you feel so strongly about it I suggest you confront this individual yourself or mind your own business. I don't mean to sound harsh and I can understand having a problem with stolen valor but you haven't mentioned much about the conversations you've had with this individual to come to this conclusion.
Was he serving in the military when he fell off the truck? Did he take shrapnel in the knee in desert storm? You've yet to tell us that one of these things never happened.
There are many here without PTSD and hold a Hazmat and should have never even been given a license in the first place

What is your ideal situation here? You gonna go to the HR person and claim that a co worker is pretending to have PTSD? You going to tell them that you believe he's lying to the VA? That he's lying to coworkers? Wtf cares either way.

Driver, I hope this blows up in your face.

I don't like that you're doing this, I don't like how you're approaching it, and, frankly, I think you're kind of an ******* for wanting ti pursue it at all

This is my first post on TB and I do not work for XPO but I had to add to the thread. Claiming fraud is such a strong accusation. The burden of proof required for making such a claim needs to be iron clad. This smells of sewing-circle talk being relayed enough times that it is conveniently believed by those who want to. Also, 80% VA disability does not mean you are no longer able to work. That is reserved for 100% and even then people can work in certain environments (linehaul would most likely qualify). As others have clearly stated, not only is this a battle you will not win, but ethically, this tells us a lot more about you. He served his country. This is something most of us do not do. Your post screams of entitlement and anger.

HE SERVED

Senior driver, claims to be a combat vet. Collecting something like 80% disability. Truth comes out, he fell off the back of a truck in Germany in the 90's. Whips people with his "sacrifices", abuses time off system designed to help real vets with real problems. Claims any and all disagreements with anything he thinks the company should be doing triggers his PTSD.

HR? Terminal manager?
I never served. My cousin died at Lejeune in 79 as a Lance Corporal when whatever vehicle he was in rolled. The Marines thought it was a big enough deal to have 10 Marines and a 21 gun salute at his graveside in North Arlington N J. He served he got hurt, he is Entitled.

:stupid: Raven.Six , did you ever hear of https://www.hhs.gov/ ?

The Privacy Rule, a Federal law, gives you rights over your health information and sets rules and limits on who can look at and receive your health information. The Privacy Rule applies to all forms of individuals' protected health information, whether electronic, written, or oral. The Security Rule is a Federal law that requires security for health information in electronic form.

I've got no shot at his run. Not about that. I wouldn't want a #1 anywhere, as 20+ years at XPO counts more as a mistake than a career.
I am a 20 plus year Conway/XPO employee. I've raised a family on this job. I own everything that I have, debt free. Got a nice 401 and a pension. I'm done quite well at this company. It's no mistake this was a good life decision on my part. If you consider it a mistake working here my question to you is why the hell are you still here? It doesn't say much for you as a man that you work at something you consider to be a mistake.

There is a form that lists a veteran's military history, it is form DD 214. It lists assignments, duty stations etc. When a veteran is discharged he/she is given this form for records. When a claim is filed with the VA that form is necessary to start the process. That along with other documentation is what the VA uses to determine elegibility for disability benefits. Have you seen this veteran's DD form 214? If not how do you know his military history?
I have known several people who claimed to have served & never did. Some claim to have been war heroes & never peed anything but stateside water. That is what I call that stolen valor & I detest it because I lost friends who did serve.
You did not mention your military service. If you served your country in the military, I thank you for your service.

Last edited:
It's everyone's business. Actual combat vets, taxpayers, and drivers needed to take up the slack.

Fell off the back of a truck in Germany, tells everyone he took mortar shrapnel in the knee in Desert Storm. Unstable, the PTSD is as made up as the combat time. That disability payment - for a full-time linehaul driver(?!) - is worth more than my entire tax liability. And the cost to the insurance isn't a fair burden on the drivers who aren't making things up.
You are fighting a loosing battle just do ya job and keep it moving the government done gave him the money 💰 nothing you can do to change that .