Yellow | Why Is the stock price jumping up?

They would combine operations like sharing some terminals and break-bulks. ABF/YRC freight would ride on the same trailer etc but they won't merge the two companies. Merges don't work. ABF is a $2B dollar company. A buyout would cost them up to 50% of their freight. A re-brand would cost them 100%. That's why it won't happen. ABF teamsters won't take this gamble
Let me get this straight, you're going to have 2 companies freight on the same trailer? Who's going to unload it ABF dockmen or YRC dockmen, or do you have 2 guys on each trailer, 1 guy to do the ABF freight and another for the YRC freight. Who does the linehaul, a YRC or an ABF driver? This scenario is so foolish I'm beginning to think you may be a troll.

The new semi-combined company will be hiring only bisexual employees who will be able to swing (freight) both ways. :hide:

Let me get this straight, you're going to have 2 companies freight on the same trailer? Who's going to unload it ABF dockmen or YRC dockmen, or do you have 2 guys on each trailer, 1 guy to do the ABF freight and another for the YRC freight. Who does the linehaul, a YRC or an ABF driver? This scenario is so foolish I'm beginning to think you may be a troll.
There would be three people unloading the trailer. An ABF dockmen a YRCF dockmen, and one man on the forklift.

If YRC buys ABF it becomes a YRC controlled operation. If ABF/YRC people are working out of the same city terminal they each have their own crew come in depending on bill count and share the unloading. YRC goes with YRC freight ABF goes with ABF freight. The last thing an ABF customer wants is a YRC truck to show up with their freight. This is only in isolated areas where low bill count is a problem to improve density. If YRC/ABF share terminals in more densely operating terminals the work would not be shared. So many doors for ABF and so many doors for YRC.

I believe ABF has an over abundance of low bill count terminals as well as YRC does that could be eliminated or meshed together to improve density. Break bulk terminals could be reduced if shared. Sounds nuts? It could happen if the ABF contract is rejected. Remember this: the union will make it work. What ever it takes the union has the company's back, jack

If YRC buys ABF it becomes a YRC controlled operation. If ABF/YRC people are working out of the same city terminal they each have their own crew come in depending on bill count and share the unloading. YRC goes with YRC freight ABF goes with ABF freight. The last thing an ABF customer wants is a YRC truck to show up with their freight. This is only in isolated areas where low bill count is a problem to improve density. If YRC/ABF share terminals in more densely operating terminals the work would not be shared. So many doors for ABF and so many doors for YRC.

I believe ABF has an over abundance of low bill count terminals as well as YRC does that could be eliminated or meshed together to improve density. Break bulk terminals could be reduced if shared. Sounds nuts? It could happen if the ABF contract is rejected. Remember this: the union will make it work. What ever it takes the union has the company's back, jack

A simpler solution would be to utilize the flip over signs like we had on some trailers a while back - they had Yellow on one side and Roadway on the other. We could use new ones with YRCF on one side and ABF on the other. Paint all the tractors/straight trucks white and use the flip over signs with the appropriate name before picking up/delivering at each customer.

FlipSignY.JPG

FlipSignR.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Come on Super, "...begining to think you may be a troll." I thought you were more in tune than that.

I do agree that there is no way the "freight" brands could remain separate. If ABFS were to hold on to U-Pack, that being the surviving brand, with the "white glove" service in combo, that could be quite lucrative for ABF.

You know, that could work.... I'll bet those silly customers would NEVER figure THAT out!! :)

A simpler solution would be to utilize the flip over signs like we had on some trailers a while back - they had Yellow on one side and Roadway on the other. We could use new ones with YRCF on one side and ABF on the other. Paint all the tractors/straight trucks white and use the flip over signs with the appropriate name before picking up/delivering at each customer.

FlipSignY.JPG

FlipSignR.JPG

Metro-sexual Trip, c'mon, update yer vernacular.

No, no, no mon ami. Bisexual is what it is. A metro-sexual can be any of three categories, hetero-, ****-, or bi-sexual. The Merriam-Webster def of metro is:

"a usually urban heterosexual male given to enhancing his personal appearance by fastidious grooming, beauty treatments, and fashionable clothes", you know like so many of the guys on the dock! :hysterical:

No, no, no mon ami. Bisexual is what it is. A metro-sexual can be any of three categories, hetero-, ****-, or bi-sexual. The Merriam-Webster def of metro is:

"a usually urban heterosexual male given to enhancing his personal appearance by fastidious grooming, beauty treatments, and fashionable clothes", you know like so many of the guys on the dock! :hysterical:

Yeah, especially the fastidious part.

My bad.

I think most dock are sexually dysfunctional

Here he is,the big investor,at least at the next begback he will say his famous words SQUEAL like a pig boy!!
0226e6accb2d745f6a9fa2b271d64891.jpg

04-21-2012

#1 jimbobillybob

Look's more like the big fat lady is about to sing!!!!!

Well boy's look's to me ( my opinion)
she is about ready.
Brinko,whoop's,I mean Welch is sending signal's about the impending doom.

Don't be scared to leave now,hey 4 of us left NPME in the last year,1 guy had master's in accounting,8 Yr's seniority.
2 went to ABF,1/14 year's seniority,the other 10,and I went to UPGF,I only had 1 year so it did not matter.
16 Good year's in the NETPF, worth $3544.60 at age 64.

I was a refugee from the YRC debacle,and the RSEL scam,starting over dosen't scare me at all.

Let me tell you this when it goes down,not too many job's will be available,as we are all running under capacity.

We are currrently short 2 road driver's now and sometime's our board has run's cancelled.

So we can absorb that YRC freight without a hiccup.

BTW does anyone know where the utility/velocity freight went the CT NPME barn has seen none of it.

Keep going, with every new post from you; you prove my point.

04-21-2012

#1 jimbobillybob

Look's more like the big fat lady is about to sing!!!!!

Well boy's look's to me ( my opinion)
she is about ready.
Brinko,whoop's,I mean Welch is sending signal's about the impending doom.

Don't be scared to leave now,hey 4 of us left NPME in the last year,1 guy had master's in accounting,8 Yr's seniority.
2 went to ABF,1/14 year's seniority,the other 10,and I went to UPGF,I only had 1 year so it did not matter.
16 Good year's in the NETPF, worth $3544.60 at age 64.

I was a refugee from the YRC debacle,and the RSEL scam,starting over dosen't scare me at all.

Let me tell you this when it goes down,not too many job's will be available,as we are all running under capacity.

We are currrently short 2 road driver's now and sometime's our board has run's cancelled.

So we can absorb that YRC freight without a hiccup.

BTW does anyone know where the utility/velocity freight went the CT NPME barn has seen none of it.

Here he is,the big investor,at least at the next begback he will say his famous words SQUEAL like a pig boy!!

duuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh...........

YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW) -NasdaqGS

29.14 +3.44(13.37%) 2:04PM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

YRC Rises Most in Month on Buy Rating After Near-Collapse
By Leslie Picker - Jun 25, 2013 4:30 PM ET

YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW), the trucker that escaped bankruptcy twice in the last four years, jumped the most in a month after Standpoint Research initiated coverage of the stock with the only buy rating.

YRC rose 15 percent to $25.70 at the close in New York, the biggest gain since May 15, after Standpoint’s Director of Research, Ronnie Moas, wrote in a note that shares could double by next year.

The trucker is poised to benefit as an improving economy boosts shipping volumes and management works to cut costs, Moas said. Before today, there were four sell and four hold recommendations on the stock among analysts’ ratings compiled by Bloomberg.

“The company was left for dead,” Moas said in a phone interview from Miami Beach, Florida. “They were on the brink of extermination. The gains you’ve seen today may be a drop in the bucket compared to what you’ll see in the next few years.”

YRC has surged more than threefold this year compared to a 17 percent gain in the Standard & Poor’s Supercomposite Trucking Index, which doesn’t include the Overland Park, Kansas-based company.

The rise in the stock price is really just "smoke and Mirrors". Some of the YRC debt is tied to convertible stock. Once the YRC stock price reaches a certain level, the lenders can exercise their stock options and sell for a profit. When they do that, it relieves YRC of some debt. This could make as much as $400 million worth of debt go away. The higher the stock price the more debt that will go away. This is YRC,s only hope of getting rid of all that debt that they are only paying interest on. After 23 years with Yellow, it is sad to see all that has happened.

duhhhhhhhh.............YRC’s stock price also rose steadily from $7.76 on May 2 to $25.70 at close on Tuesday, or a( 231 percent increase in two months), according to Google Finance......duhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Yrc Worldwide Rating Increased to Buy at BB&T Corp. (YRCW)

Posted by Alphonse Anthony on Jul 1st, 2013

Yrc Worldwide (NASDAQ: YRCW) was upgraded by research analysts at BB&T Corp. from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a report released on Monday, TheFlyOnTheWall.com reports. The firm currently has a $40.00 price target on the stock. BB&T Corp.’s price target would indicate a potential upside of 39.13% from the company’s current price.

The analysts wrote, “high risk, but potentially high reward”

YRCW has been the subject of a number of other recent research reports. Analysts at Standpoint Research initiated coverage on shares of Yrc Worldwide in a research note to investors on Tuesday, June 25th. They set a “buy” rating on the stock. Analysts at Credit Suisse raised their price target on shares of Yrc Worldwide from $5.00 to $7.00 in a research note to investors on Tuesday, May 7th. They now have an “underperform” rating on the stock.

Shares of Yrc Worldwide (NASDAQ: YRCW) traded up 6.09% during mid-day trading on Monday, hitting $30.50. Yrc Worldwide has a 52 week low of $5.01 and a 52 week high of $25.00. The stock’s 50-day moving average is currently $17.05. The company’s market cap is $261.6 million.

Yrc Worldwide (NASDAQ: YRCW) last announced its earnings results on Friday, May 3rd. The company reported ($2.93) EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of ($5.75) by $2.82. The company had revenue of $1.16 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.20 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted ($12.40) earnings per share. The company’s quarterly revenue was down 2.7% on a year-over-year basis. On average, analysts predict that Yrc Worldwide will post $-4.82 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.

YRC Worldwide Inc (NASDAQ: YRCW) is a holding company.

YRC buying back debt securities

By Jim T. Ryan
June 26. 2013 12:32PM

YRC Worldwide Inc., the Kansas-based trucking conglomerate that owns a Lebanon-based firm, is buying back its senior notes that would mature in 2023, according to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

YRC said in the filing it’s buying back the debt securities with cash on hand for face value plus any interest accrued since the notes were issued in 2004. The company issued nearly $248 million worth of the notes that year at 5 percent interest, according to the filing.

As of June 26, there was just $269,000 worth of the notes still outstanding. Shareholders can surrender their notes beginning July 11 through Aug. 7, according to the company.

In the past, YRC relied heavily on debt financing of its operations, which significantly contributed to the company’s struggles when the recession hit trucking in 2007. Eventually, a total restructuring of its debt, labor agreements, operations and leadership helped YRC improve its business.

Most recently, the company and the Teamsters agreed on an “optimization plan” that would close some YRC Freight facilities around the country to better streamline operations and cost structures.

YRC owns a large warehouse in Middlesex Township, Cumberland County, and is the parent of Lebanon-based New Penn Motor Express Inc.

In the first quarter, YRC provided at least some indication it was on the right track. Its losses were just $21 million compared with nearly $80 million a year ago. The company is scheduled to release its second-quarter earnings on July 29.

YRC’s stock price also rose steadily from $7.76 on May 2 to $25.70 at close on Tuesday, or a 231 percent increase in two months, according to Google Finance.

YRC Worldwide trades its stock on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol YRCW.

Mature answer

Thank you for the mature feedback. I wasn't aware that Mrs. Bernie Madoff was on the truckingboard forum. UOTE=jenny807;1231160]duhhhhhhhh.............YRC’s stock price also rose steadily from $7.76 on May 2 to $25.70 at close on Tuesday, or a( 231 percent increase in two months), according to Google Finance......duhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Yrc Worldwide Rating Increased to Buy at BB&T Corp. (YRCW)

Posted by Alphonse Anthony on Jul 1st, 2013

Yrc Worldwide (NASDAQ: YRCW) was upgraded by research analysts at BB&T Corp. from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a report released on Monday, TheFlyOnTheWall.com reports. The firm currently has a $40.00 price target on the stock. BB&T Corp.’s price target would indicate a potential upside of 39.13% from the company’s current price.

The analysts wrote, “high risk, but potentially high reward”

YRCW has been the subject of a number of other recent research reports. Analysts at Standpoint Research initiated coverage on shares of Yrc Worldwide in a research note to investors on Tuesday, June 25th. They set a “buy” rating on the stock. Analysts at Credit Suisse raised their price target on shares of Yrc Worldwide from $5.00 to $7.00 in a research note to investors on Tuesday, May 7th. They now have an “underperform” rating on the stock.

Shares of Yrc Worldwide (NASDAQ: YRCW) traded up 6.09% during mid-day trading on Monday, hitting $30.50. Yrc Worldwide has a 52 week low of $5.01 and a 52 week high of $25.00. The stock’s 50-day moving average is currently $17.05. The company’s market cap is $261.6 million.

Yrc Worldwide (NASDAQ: YRCW) last announced its earnings results on Friday, May 3rd. The company reported ($2.93) EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of ($5.75) by $2.82. The company had revenue of $1.16 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.20 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted ($12.40) earnings per share. The company’s quarterly revenue was down 2.7% on a year-over-year basis. On average, analysts predict that Yrc Worldwide will post $-4.82 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.

YRC Worldwide Inc (NASDAQ: YRCW) is a holding company.

YRC buying back debt securities

By Jim T. Ryan
June 26. 2013 12:32PM

YRC Worldwide Inc., the Kansas-based trucking conglomerate that owns a Lebanon-based firm, is buying back its senior notes that would mature in 2023, according to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

YRC said in the filing it’s buying back the debt securities with cash on hand for face value plus any interest accrued since the notes were issued in 2004. The company issued nearly $248 million worth of the notes that year at 5 percent interest, according to the filing.

As of June 26, there was just $269,000 worth of the notes still outstanding. Shareholders can surrender their notes beginning July 11 through Aug. 7, according to the company.

In the past, YRC relied heavily on debt financing of its operations, which significantly contributed to the company’s struggles when the recession hit trucking in 2007. Eventually, a total restructuring of its debt, labor agreements, operations and leadership helped YRC improve its business.

Most recently, the company and the Teamsters agreed on an “optimization plan” that would close some YRC Freight facilities around the country to better streamline operations and cost structures.

YRC owns a large warehouse in Middlesex Township, Cumberland County, and is the parent of Lebanon-based New Penn Motor Express Inc.

In the first quarter, YRC provided at least some indication it was on the right track. Its losses were just $21 million compared with nearly $80 million a year ago. The company is scheduled to release its second-quarter earnings on July 29.

YRC’s stock price also rose steadily from $7.76 on May 2 to $25.70 at close on Tuesday, or a 231 percent increase in two months, according to Google Finance.

YRC Worldwide trades its stock on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol YRCW.[/QUOTE]

The reason the stock is going up is SIMPLE: Pay off debts and old loans coming due.

YES, with the money $$$ they are making to much MONEY $$$ and do NOT wish to put into the TEAMSTERS PENSION FUND.

Think about the pay cuts and benefits that were taking from the TEAMSTERS. Wow Y pay the teamsters, lets show a - balance or close to it and not and NEVER pay the teamsters back wages or pension.

I am just trying to keep it simple for you people who do not know now is the time to take action and the teamsters do have control of the situation but do not realize it and will try to BS them into thinking we must build managements pockets (not give back to the teamsters who took all the cuts).

See our give backs have made this company and it is time to hide that or we will have to give back to the teamsters is what they are saying. Think about it. The Regions have been cut back so much like YRC that NO ONE is going to be able to do more work that they are doing now and can not use one against the other over who can handle what. Think about it.
Maybe ABF will buy YRC. and make all YRC wages the same as ABF's. I do not think so. My shot at humor.

Were is the leadership with BALLs when we need it?

The reason the stock is going up is SIMPLE: Pay off debts and old loans coming due.

YES, with the money $$$ they are making to much MONEY $$$ and do NOT wish to put into the TEAMSTERS PENSION FUND.

Think about the pay cuts and benefits that were taking from the TEAMSTERS. Wow Y pay the teamsters, lets show a - balance or close to it and not and NEVER pay the teamsters back wages or pension.

I am just trying to keep it simple for you people who do not know now is the time to take action and the teamsters do have control of the situation but do not realize it and will try to BS them into thinking we must build managements pockets (not give back to the teamsters who took all the cuts).

See our give backs have made this company and it is time to hide that or we will have to give back to the teamsters is what they are saying. Think about it. The Regions have been cut back so much like YRC that NO ONE is going to be able to do more work that they are doing now and can not use one against the other over who can handle what. Think about it.
Maybe ABF will buy YRC. and make all YRC wages the same as ABF's. I do not think so. My shot at humor.

Were is the leadership with BALLs when we need it?

You need to put down whatever it is you're drinking and have some black coffee!

You need to put down whatever it is you're drinking and have some black coffee!

Hey triplex, let him drink all he wants, he is having fun, and it is the holiday. By the way do you still hear from Annie, anymore? I never see her on here. Have a safe one and I am glad the stocks are going up.:popcorn: