Yellow | Will YRC Worldwide Survive 2011?

R14, it's our Fantastic, book smart, whiz-bang kids, driven by Overlord BIlly Z, who have driven this truck into the ditch. If the folks in Overland Park would figure out how to correctly UTILIZE their manpower and equipment, they could make money even in these hard pressed times. But then again, they don't listen to us, we just drive the trucks.

R14, it's our Fantastic, book smart, whiz-bang kids, driven by Overlord BIlly Z, who have driven this truck into the ditch. If the folks in Overland Park would figure out how to correctly UTILIZE their manpower and equipment, they could make money even in these hard pressed times. But then again, they don't listen to us, we just drive the trucks.

Great 5 star post and so true !!!!!!!!

Foolish takeaway
Sometimes, the way to deal with a hole is to stop digging. With YRC, however, we should just fill in the hole, lay flowers upon the grave, and walk away.

Like I said before, the dead horse is stinking up the whole place, bury it and move on.

Foolish takeaway
Sometimes, the way to deal with a hole is to stop digging. With YRC, however, we should just fill in the hole, lay flowers upon the grave, and walk away.

Like I said before, the dead horse is stinking up the whole place, bury it and move on.

WOW did someone get coal for Christmas ? Since you don't work for YRCW your " take " is none to pleasant . So you hope that 25 to 30 thousand Teamsters lose there jobs ?

Last edited:
YRC Worldwide (Nasdaq: YRCW) sure has dug itself deep. This trucker just finished the 19th renegotiation of its loan obligations to its bankers. Crunching the numbers, Credit Suisse declared the only real effect of the revamp is to ensure that "any future cash flows generated by YRCW will [go to] the banks ..."..................

Will YRC Worldwide Survive 2011? (BRK-A, BRK-B, GE, HTLD, YRCW)
YRC will be just fine. I'm waiting to see what kind of technology they plan to use for their infrastructure, equipment, and employees. Now, if the company ever needed some help on deciding, I would be "MORE" than happy to help them out in that area. Relax everyone, just trust me, OK.

I promise, there would be nothing to worry about. :1036316054:

Last edited by a moderator:
Foolish takeaway

Why dont we just throw you in a hole, crap in it and let the fly's eat you.......You are disgrace to the human race.........nuff said

WOW did someone get coal for Christmas ? Since you don't work for YRCW your " take " is none to pleasant . So you hope that 25 to 30 thousand Teamsters lose there jobs ?
People are upset that YRC has cheated them out of instant relief from the recession.

I for one am sick of worrying.....either the big shots will work it out or they will not. Out of our hands.

Foolish takeaway

I apologize, the post did not show as intended, the opening quote is a copy and past job from the opening post link to Motley Fool's story.

I still view the horse as dead and in need of burying.

I apologize, the post did not show as intended, the opening quote is a copy and past job from the opening post link to Motley Fool's story.

Sir you are a Gentleman and a scholar !!! Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us of the post once again Thanks !!!

YRC will be just fine. I'm waiting to see what kind of technology they plan to use for their infrastructure, equipment, and employees. Now, if the company ever needed some help on deciding, I would be "MORE" than happy to help them out in that area. Relax everyone, just trust me, OK.

I promise, there would be nothing to worry about. :1036316054:

Why do ask such easy questions to answer! After that HUGE emp from the Sun or a wacko radical nation that sets off a big one over the mid-west, yrc will be the only carrier running since it will knock out all the electronics in the competitions brand new tractors. You ask how, yrc will be purchasing mules and buckboards(no cash for anything else) this year to replace all the 50s and 60s equipment they're running now and each teamster(now thats appropriate) will be given a portable wireless telegraph with the energizer bunny battery. PS: If you have the permit to haul double 48s you'll be authorized to drive the borax 20 mule team!!!

ani_haha.gif

relax, anxiety disorder syndrome from reading Motley fool is not good
tired of the trash talk yet? since 2007

c815f757.gif

relax..repeat relax..relax..relax. Go-to-sleep Z Z Z

Columbine Capital Services Inc. (i) 12/11/10 Upgrade
Market Edge upgrades YRC WORLDWIDE, INC. from SELL to BUY.
links upon request :LMAO:​

ani_haha.gif

relax, anxiety disorder syndrome from reading Motley fool is not good
tired of the trash talk yet? since 2007

c815f757.gif

relax..repeat relax..relax..relax. Go-to-sleep Z Z Z

Columbine Capital Services Inc. (i) 12/11/10 Upgrade
Market Edge upgrades YRC WORLDWIDE, INC. from SELL to BUY.
links upon request :LMAO:​

So your saying there wrong? If so, how are they...I love to hear from experts. Looks like the banks are about to take there head out of the sand.

Crunching the numbers, Credit Suisse declared the only real effect of the revamp is to ensure that "any future cash flows generated by YRCW will [go to] the banks ..."
Credit Suisse? is not even a bank shareholder
With a market cap of only $183 million, but $945 million in net debt, YRC today looks less like a viable company, and more like a never-ending cornucopia of interest revenue for its lenders. Over the past 12 months, YRC paid $173 million in interest to its lenders
<trash..YRC does not owe $945M
YRC paid down $73M in debt and paid fees and interest up front
Heartland Express (Nasdaq: HTLD) is gearing up to steal YRC's market share,
Heartland Express is a truckload carrier
Originally Posted by ABFer
more low class trash

again, where are the huge investors that will invest if we only agree on work rule changes and extend the concessions? guess the shops better stock up on duct tape and super glue cause there wont be any money to repair anything correctly.

again, where are the huge investors that will invest if we only agree on work rule changes and extend the concessions? guess the shops better stock up on duct tape and super glue cause there wont be any money to repair anything correctly.
there's a few heavyweights
Top 10 Institutional Holdings by Shares Held
Name Reporting Date Total Holdings Sorted in descending order. Position Value Outstanding
Shares Owned
VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 09/30/10 1.6M $6.0M 3.29%
LITESPEED MANAGEMENT LLC 09/30/10 1.5M $5.7M 3.08%
PRIVATE MANAGEMENT GROUP, INC. 09/30/10 1.1M $4.1M 2.21%
STATE STREET CORPORATION 09/30/10 1.0M $4.0M 2.18%
HSBC HOLDINGS PLC 09/30/10 921.5K $3.6M 1.94%
JP MORGAN CHASE & COMPANY 09/30/10 382.1K $1.5M 0.80%
Great Oaks Capital Management, LLC 09/30/10 272.0K $1.1M 0.57%
CALPERS (CALIFORNIA-PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM) 09/30/10 264.3K $1.0M 0.56%
WELLS FARGO & COMPANY 09/30/10 201.0K $777.7K 0.42%
FMR LLC 09/30/10 197.7K $765.2K 0.42%

Top 10 Mutual Fund Holdings by Shares Held
Name Reporting Date Total Holdings Sorted in descending order. Position Value Outstanding
Shares Owned
VANGUARD SMALL-CAP INDEX FUND (i) 09/30/10 593.9K $2.3M 1.25%
VANGUARD SMALL-CAP GROWTH INDEX FUND (i) 09/30/10 357.6K $1.4M 0.75%
TFS CAPITAL INVESTMENT TR-TFS MARKET NEUTRAL FUND 07/31/10 302.9K $1.2M 0.64%
VANGUARD TOTAL STOCK MARKET INDEX FUND (i) 09/30/10 286.1K $1.1M 0.60%
VANGUARD EXTENDED MARKET INDEX FUND (i) 09/30/10 268.8K $1.0M 0.57%
FIDELITY SELECT PORTFOLIOS - TRANSPORTATION (i) 10/31/10 197.7K $765.2K 0.42%
Wells Fargo Advantage Small Cap Value Fd (i) 10/31/10 152.8K $591.5K 0.32%
BIRMIWAL OASIS FD 09/30/10 139.8K $541.1K 0.29%
SPARTAN TOTAL MARKET INDEX FUND (i) 10/31/10 83.8K $324.3K 0.18%
SPARTAN EXTENDED MARKET INDEX FUND (i) 10/31/10 78.3K $302.8K 0.16%