ABF | Word on moving 051

Yeah they have to lay down in winston. I heard when they get all our rd drivers back on in winston and since trucks go 70 they might start try turning Atlanta to winston. It can be done but has to be a at perfect time
OD turns GBO out of Atlanta, 70 mph trucks. Even at night I’ve had to stop at NGA (Jefferson, GA) because I was going to run out of hours before getting back to ATL.

Still fail to understand why someone would want a run like that. :duh:
As they say, it’s all about the Benjamins. We had guys at OD that constantly bitched about running GBO or the halfway MIA meet, both well over 600 a day/night. Oh it’s too hard, my ass is worn out they’d say, but when it came bid time they’d take the same run again the next year. I didn’t get it, 550-580 is plenty to me.

As they say, it’s all about the Benjamins. We had guys at OD that constantly bitched about running GBO or the halfway MIA meet, both well over 600 a day/night. Oh it’s too hard, my ass is worn out they’d say, but when it came bid time they’d take the same run again the next year. I didn’t get it, 550-580 is plenty to me.
350/375 is plenty for me. A nice, normal 8 hour work day. Life is much too short.

My hardest bid was 5 nights each week, Raliegh from Charlotte, about a 280-mile round.
My wife said if I didn't go to work, we were going bankrupt, I gave it up after 6 months.
We still had that Raliegh bid available each bid when they closed the doors.

OD can barely turn ATL out of Greensboro and they're set at 75mph on those runs. It’s 666 miles which really sucks.
At FedEx out of Charlotte we have a 650 mile meet with Memphis. Day run… now that really sucks and I’ve ran out of clock on it plenty of times before

The Gorge is the blame for that one and the slow trucks

It is much riskier to pass in the daytime at night hit the left lane and go.
I can remember back in the day, when running with other company guys. The one leading would go out to pass and as long as he stayed in the left lane, the rest of us would pass. But you should have seen the mad scramble when he moved back to the right lane. the stories Rt 209 (drivers back then called it the American ho-chi-minh trail) from rt 80 up to Port Jarvis.