Estes | Work Slowing ?

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Seem the work is slowing earlier this year. Usually doesn't happen till Jan or Feb. Ive seen the cutting runs for lack of freight. I guess the economy is getting even slower. What i don't understand is they cut runs for lack of freight but I've still seen them hiring and drivers in training. Wouldn't if you already telling drivers to stay home for a lack of freight you would stop the hiring until things picked back up? This crazy upside down backwards world is hard to figure out.

Seem the work is slowing earlier this year. Usually doesn't happen till Jan or Feb. Ive seen the cutting runs for lack of freight. I guess the economy is getting even slower. What i don't understand is they cut runs for lack of freight but I've still seen them hiring and drivers in training. Wouldn't if you already telling drivers to stay home for a lack of freight you would stop the hiring until things picked back up? This crazy upside down backwards world is hard to figure out.
So far I haven’t seen it. I’ve been running fairly strong.

I haven’t noticed anything slowing up. Thursday and Friday was very busy, yard was still pretty full of relays at 015 Saturday evening.

Ive seen runs getting cancelled. I was one of a few. Seen a guy get his run cancelled after he got the bills. He a loaded lead and an empty. Central cancelled it because they are trying to cut back on the pulling of empties to save money. The lead didn't have any time sensitive freight on it.

Several runs cut today for lack of freight is what we were told. However they got mandatory 6 days a going again and even with that got some volunteers for a day on the weekend but no freight during the week? We also had 4 covenant trucks sitting on the yard awaiting loads and they get to get theirs. Crazy!

Mid west / south is heavy with freight. Every terminal I go to is out of equipment and room . I’m surprised you are slow. It is a big country. Maybe since you are slow , you won’t have work Sat. We are on mandatory 6 days but it takes 3 months to rotate around to me. Even then it’s call central and find out. We have many drivers who live to work 6 days every week. Maybe that’s why I never have to.

I’m extraboard so I’m not required to work a 6th day but if I’m supposed to be available to work a 6th day I’ll be hella pissed if I’ve slept during the day to be ready to work and then told “sorry we don’t need you”.
Ive seen it happen. What's bad is some drivers live up to 45 minutes away. You would think they would at least call them before they wasted a trip and gas in just to be sent back home. I agree with you don't let me sleep my day away if you aint going to run me. Somehow they have got to some kind of insight on the freight i would think.

Ive seen it happen. What's bad is some drivers live up to 45 minutes away. You would think they would at least call them before they wasted a trip and gas in just to be sent back home. I agree with you don't let me sleep my day away if you aint going to run me. Somehow they have got to some kind of insight on the freight i would think.
Call central while you're at home to see if there is anything to run before you go into the terminal. Also talk to your dispatch before you leave to see what extra freight they have. Maybe they'll plan you on something.

Call central while you're at home to see if there is anything to run before you go into the terminal. Also talk to your dispatch before you leave to see what extra freight they have. Maybe they'll plan you on something.
I have called central a couple times and they asked me if there was a dispatcher at the terminal i replied yes and was told to talk to them.

Don’t know if y’all have noticed but I think freight has picked up quite a bit the last couple of weeks… aside from a late start (14 hrs in the hotel) one night this week I’ve noticed a bump in miles and not having to call central near as much to get set up.

Don’t know if y’all have noticed but I think freight has picked up quite a bit the last couple of weeks… aside from a late start (14 hrs in the hotel) one night this week I’ve noticed a bump in miles and not having to call central near as much to get set up.
Freight is solid.
That's because of the good luck from the Yellow trailers you bought! :hide: :hilarious::hysterical: