XPO | Xpo And Lack Of Technology!

TheEye

TB Lurker
Credits
XPO is lacking in the information department! It’s past time, what XPO has done with these generic apps is embarrassing! Time to get on the information highway! IT is too important to skimp on, you get what you pay for and IT is seriously lacking!

XPO is lacking in the information department! It’s past time, what XPO has done with these generic apps is embarrassing! Time to get on the information highway! IT is too important to skimp on, you get what you pay for and IT is seriously lacking!
Your kidding. They spend millions and millions on it , or so Bradley says . He writes the checks every month to the IT department in care of Brad Jacobs.
Boy some people just don’t pay attention to all the interviews and online publications.
I got advise for you mister just pay attention.
Some people
What do think he’s funneling that money in the disguise of IT investment to himself. Really?

Last edited:
Wasn't it when they got the old HH back in the day they were all ready 5yrs out of date. How long ago was LH dispatching on a MS DOS system. When was the last time someone used a pay sheet? Ever since we got rid of pay sheets my pay has never been wrong. Hell if we are lacking in the tech area makes you wander what the other companies are using.
Here's one for all you new guys. There was a time when city drivers had to call in to a CSR and give then all the pro number they pickup with all the same info you put in your HH today. We use to have dock bills and LH driver had to wait for a CSR to key in each one in before they left.

While I'm not against the technology, and actually think it's a good thing I do have a couple issues. First off, we need some real programmers. Some of these apps and the crashes and issues they have would work better programmed by a 12 year old I swear. Plus, most of us old schoolers use the technology, but we don't rely on it being accurate all the time. We still keep our eyes open for potential errors and double check things. A lot of the younger guys never question anything and I see multiple errors on a daily basis just because of that simple lack of effort.

Wasn't it when they got the old HH back in the day they were all ready 5yrs out of date. How long ago was LH dispatching on a MS DOS system. When was the last time someone used a pay sheet? Ever since we got rid of pay sheets my pay has never been wrong. Hell if we are lacking in the tech area makes you wander what the other companies are using.
Here's one for all you new guys. There was a time when city drivers had to call in to a CSR and give then all the pro number they pickup with all the same info you put in your HH today. We use to have dock bills and LH driver had to wait for a CSR to key in each one in before they left.

I remember when we didn’t even call in the pros . We just bought everything back and Csr entered them . We concentrated on making the pick ups . Than they figured we could do the CSr’s work and enter all the bills . They eliminated their jobs and we picked up the added responsibility along with what we had been doing.

How many of you guys remember when we all had beepers and had to find a pay phone to call dispatch? ( what the hell is a pay phone)
Then came nextel. Talk about not being hands free.
Years ago when I worked at Red Star we had two way radios in our trucks and depending how far you were away from the termial you called dispatch on that. There was no crying allowed because everyone heard it

I remember when we didn’t even call in the pros . We just bought everything back and Csr entered them . We concentrated on making the pick ups . Than they figured we could do the CSr’s work and enter all the bills . They eliminated their jobs and we picked up the added responsibility along with what we had been doing.
Eliminated the CSR's and pushed our productivity down. Yet, hire dockworkers so we don't work the freight, yet pay out huge amounts in damage claims and time recovering and re-couping fright.

Getting back to technology spending. I would love to see how much is actually going towards technology from what they put in that column in the books to what actually is spent on it . I have a feeling theirs a little bit of funny business based on the lack of what we see in our sector
Maybe thats why we didn’t have a CFO for a couple of years . Just saying :stirthepot: :guinesssmilie:

Last edited:
If there's one thing that XPO puts a lot of money into, it's technology. So in general I don't agree with this grievance. However, there is one area where the point is well taken. I believe that XPO is one of the last 2-3 remaining LTLs that requires a signed piece of paper for deliveries. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just don't ever see our competitors hounding the consignees for a signature.

If there's one thing that XPO puts a lot of money into, it's technology. So in general I don't agree with this grievance. However, there is one area where the point is well taken. I believe that XPO is one of the last 2-3 remaining LTLs that requires a signed piece of paper for deliveries. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just don't ever see our competitors hounding the consignees for a signature.
Since Coronavirus we haven't had to get signatures, we were told to write Covid and write their name ourselves, unless its changed I worked at R@L and Saia and had to get signature

Then came nextel. Talk about not being hands free.
Years ago when I worked at Red Star we had two way radios in our trucks and depending how far you were away from the termial you called dispatch on that. There was no crying allowed because everyone heard it
I liked the radios.
When I was switching I was in the same channel as all the drivers.
One person always argued with dispatch enough to get the TM on the radio and said person wouldn't let up even then. It was so funny.
Had me rollin with laughter. That's technology!

Hey dumb azzes, I mean upper management, we have enough tech. What well really need is more trailer and a management team that knows what the heel they are doing

I liked the radios.
When I was switching I was in the same channel as all the drivers.
One person always argued with dispatch enough to get the TM on the radio and said person wouldn't let up even then. It was so funny.
Had me rollin with laughter. That's technology!
Back in the day at another ltl I listened to the dispatcher give a drivers direction on how to get to a delivery. The dispatcher even told him how many more lights he had to go and told the driver the names of the business on every corner. That's a dispatcher. Now our dispatcher couldn't give you direction to the bathroom