XPO | XPO and social media

If I knew the poster, I'd inform him that free speech(the 1st amendment) pertains to the relationship between the individual and the federal govt. Under the terms of at-will employment, the company may terminate employment for any reason or no reason. Does that mean they will? No, but nothing prohibits them from putting that language in new hire literature.

If I knew the poster, I'd inform him that free speech(the 1st amendment) pertains to the relationship between the individual and the federal govt. Under the terms of at-will employment, the company may terminate employment for any reason or no reason. Does that mean they will? No, but nothing prohibits them from putting that language in new hire literature.
OK, but if I post something, don't list I'm an XPO employee and I don't post on company time how can they fire me?

Dirty ****ers

Dont put up ANYTHING that could in any way be used to identify you like what terminal you work in and your truck number. This site is absolutely infested with TMs and other management who like to pose as drivers and bust people

Dirty ****ers

Dont put up ANYTHING that could in any way be used to identify you like what terminal you work in and your truck number. This site is absolutely infested with TMs and other management who like to pose as drivers and bust people
Or even better, get off that stupid fb page where everyone posts with their real names. There’s your sign….

We've had a few people in our region get fired for social.media posts. In the two cases I know about it was for racism. It was def blatant racism (I saw the posts). The other(s) I can't attest to.

The overriding factor in them being fired, aside from the ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ posts, was that they had photos of themselves in XPO uniforms and listed themselves as XPO employees.

I was told at the time that the connection to XPO was why they fired them. If they hadn't been in uniform, listed XPO as their workplace, and in kne case didn't post their racism on an unofficial XPO Facebook page they wouldn't have been fired.

I obviously can't swear that things won't happen but if you really are driven to be ignorant online then don't connect yourself to your employer.

We've had a few people in our region get fired for social.media posts. In the two cases I know about it was for racism. It was def blatant racism (I saw the posts). The other(s) I can't attest to.

The overriding factor in them being fired, aside from the ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ posts, was that they had photos of themselves in XPO uniforms and listed themselves as XPO employees.

I was told at the time that the connection to XPO was why they fired them. If they hadn't been in uniform, listed XPO as their workplace, and in kne case didn't post their racism on an unofficial XPO Facebook page they wouldn't have been fired.

I obviously can't swear that things won't happen but if you really are driven to be ignorant online then don't connect yourself to your employer.
Is it just me or did we just have thinker skin back in the day or what. Back in the 90s if you were a lazy ass you shop Stewart and fellow employees had no problem calling you out. Now say something and they go home crying to mommy on there way to the basement and then mommy calls the company. Will say the ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ comments didn't fly back then, but back then you could hide in mommy's basement and play Rambo on you keyboard. You had to say it to there face if you wanted to be a bully

Is it just me or did we just have thinker skin back in the day or what. Back in the 90s if you were a lazy ass you shop Stewart and fellow employees had no problem calling you out. Now say something and they go home crying to mommy on there way to the basement and then mommy calls the company. Will say the ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ comments didn't fly back then, but back then you could hide in mommy's basement and play Rambo on you keyboard. You had to say it to there face if you wanted to be a bully
IMHO society in general has become one of "victim-hood." Seems like almost everyone is part of some victimized or marginalized group anymore. Almost everyone seems to be offended by something or another and has to demonstrate that in some way. :idunno:

IMHO society in general has become one of "victim-hood." Seems like almost everyone is part of some victimized or marginalized group anymore. Almost everyone seems to be offended by something or another and has to demonstrate that in some way. :idunno:
You hit the nail on the head.
Is it just me or did we just have thinker skin back in the day or what. Back in the 90s if you were a lazy ass you shop Stewart and fellow employees had no problem calling you out.
When I first started working construction, right out of high school.... them old men would ride your a$$ like borrowed mule for the first six months, trying to make you quit.