XPO | Xpo Human Resources.

What your experience with Xpo Human Resources ?

• Good

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ok

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • What Human Resources

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Supposedly we have a new region/district HR manager, but when it came time for her to make a visit...ghosted us, lol. We even spiffed the place up a bit in anticipation of her arrival.

HR is a revolving door. You just get used to seeing said person then they quit.
Agree, our HR people that have quit felt Xpo upper management only had an HR dept in name . If you have a benefits , payroll or workplace injury you on your own.
When you talk to them they felt as if Xpo main interest was cost control before everything. They weren’t able to due their job because they did not have the support they needed. Understaffed and overworked no wonder they quit.

Last edited:
We had 3 regional HR people quit in a row. We have no Human Resources contact at this point. Non existent at this point. Even when we had someone they were never available.
My guess this is how they keep O/R low By design.
We have always had a HR generalist available working out of my location. I have yet to have confidence in one. I’ve been here 17 years. I don’t even ask anymore.

We have always had a HR generalist available working out of my location. I have yet to have confidence in one. I’ve been here 17 years. I don’t even ask anymore.
I think it’s pretty much is a view of what the problem is for the rest of Xpo’s operations on the cover it may look good but when you dive into it there’s no substance. It’s as if the entire company is a polished turd for investors to see from the outside. If they knew what was really going on they run . Unfortunately for us we’re stuck in limbo .

If you don’t have a benefits support team/ HR Dept what good are your benefits if problems occur. Are you getting what your promised or is it a sham ?

If you don’t have a benefits support team/ HR Dept what good are your benefits if problems occur. Are you getting what your promised or is it a sham ?
You are union , correct? Is there some action ( short of striking ) that would fix this for you ( and other union locations )?

This would seem to be a tremendous opportunity to show what a union can and will do!

Not only are your benefits promised , but they are contractual , right? XPO not providing the staff to use your benefits or rectify issues with them is a violation , right?

Like most of those that have been here since CCX , Con-Way , up to XPO , I don't have confidence in anyone in HR. May as well walk the other direction if you see them coming.

You are union , correct? Is there some action ( short of striking ) that would fix this for you ( and other union locations )?

This would seem to be a tremendous opportunity to show what a union can and will do!

Not only are your benefits promised , but they are contractual , right? XPO not providing the staff to use your benefits or rectify issues with them is a violation , right?

Like most of those that have been here since CCX , Con-Way , up to XPO , I don't have confidence in anyone in HR. May as well walk the other direction if you see them coming.
I don’t want to side tract this to a Union topic. So I will keep this limited. My location does not have a contract. We still are covered under Xpo’s benefits. We tried to get Xpo to agree early on in negotiations to accepting Teamsters Team Care But they were not interested and to be frank About it we did not get support from other terminals. Most terminals rejected unionization so it limited our bargaining power at the table.
So we ,along with everyone else ,are stuck with the benefits Xpo offers. The only advantage we have is the Union pressures Xpo when the HR department fails. We get immediate answers from HR when issues arise. This is extremely helpful. I’m not sure how you guys without Union backing get any problems solved.
Our guys contact HR when a problem arises . If the issue is not responded to in a reasonable amount of time ( almost 100% of the time it is not ) the Union intervenes and things are quickly fixed.

CCX and Conway HR were very good and responsive. In my opinion Xpo has HR department in name only . It does not function.
So far the small response to this poll is proving this out.
Not sure why Xpo workers find this acceptable but it seems they do so I do not expect it to improve.

Last edited:
From what I here work injuries that involve workman’s compensation are particularly troublesome. From what I here every one of the injured workers at our barn needed intervention from the Union to get the benefits they were entitled too.

lmfao…what HR. We have 4 people at my terminal that supposedly run HR. You ask one of them a question and they tell you ask that person and when you finally get to the end of the line your told “myxpo.xpo.com” god help you if you ever get hurt on the job with these freaking clowns.

lmfao…what HR. We have 4 people at my terminal that supposedly run HR. You ask one of them a question and they tell you ask that person and when you finally get to the end of the line your told “myxpo.xpo.com” god help you if you ever get hurt on the job with these freaking clowns.
They pass the buck when you do get in touch with one of them. They are clueless on everything. Intentional ?

Here what I don’t get. I posted a poll here on this matter. It’s a small poll and I realize that but overwhelmingly the drivers feel they have no HR. I have witnessed first hand the frustration of my fellow drivers when they try to get answers. The only way it works is when they get the Union rep involved . Now I here from other terminals that they are getting the same run around with no resolutions.

So what gives ? What good are your benefits if when you encounter trouble with them you have no resolution? I hate to think this but is it by design? Cost savings ?

Xpo can boost how good the company benefits are but aren’t they only as good when they work and you receive the full benefit Trouble free ?

Last edited:
Here what I don’t get. I posted a poll here on this matter. It’s a small poll and I realize that but overwhelmingly the drivers feel they have no HR. I have witnessed first hand the frustration of my fellow drivers when they try to get answers. The only way it works is when they get the Union rep involved . Now I here from other terminals that they are getting the same run around with no resolutions.

So what gives ? What good are your benefits if when you encounter trouble with them you have no resolution? I hate to think this but is it by design? Cost savings ?

Xpo can boost how good the company benefits are but aren’t they only as good when they work and you receive the full benefit Trouble free ?
I think it’s a liability issue. Long time ago I had a buddy that got some bad advice from an HR rep so much so that he wanted to file a lawsuit for negligence and the person in question ended up being fired anyways. They want you to figure it out on your own that way their can’t be any blow-back on them.

We have a little clown for HR, if you ask him anything he will send you from the cleaning guy that cleans the bathroom to a supervisor then anyone that’s in the office, to a FOM anyone and anything just so that can get you out of his office, his main job in our terminal is to walk the dock, put pictures up , then he walks after the mangers and walk down to the shop about 5 times a day, he is always busy , trying not to do his job, oh and he has an assistant, she locks her door and turns off the lights , I caught her a couple of times playing games on the computer, he main job in our terminal is to make pop corn and avoiding anyone that needs help

D8BF8E34-789C-439B-9F14-890915B84AFA.md.jpg

We have a little clown for HR, if you ask him anything he will send you from the cleaning guy that cleans the bathroom to a supervisor then anyone that’s in the office, to a FOM anyone and anything just so that can get you out of his office, his main job in our terminal is to walk the dock, put pictures up , then he walks after the mangers and walk down to the shop about 5 times a day, he is always busy , trying not to do his job, oh and he has an assistant, she locks her door and turns off the lights , I caught her a couple of times playing games on the computer, he main job in our terminal is to make pop corn and avoiding anyone that needs help

D8BF8E34-789C-439B-9F14-890915B84AFA.md.jpg
We have experienced the same. If they run you in circles it’s possible you’ll give up. The cost cutting is preached and praised at every level of management. It job one.

Many people actually believe that Human resources is put in place to protect or help employees. Unfortunately, this is simply not true. Besides their daily functions like payroll, productivity, hiring, firing, administering benefits, etc., their sole purpose is to protect the company PERIOD! If they happen to resolve an employee's issue while in the process of protecting the company, well then that is a plus. It is like this in almost (if not every) corporate setting. It is sad, but true. Human resources is not our friend.