XPO | XPO Logistics Appoints Tony Brooks As President Of LTL Business

My understanding is that "Dougie" is a day one employee starting in Cincinnati on the dock. Our use to be HR person worked with him. Now, I know, this makes matters worse for him as the way they turned out. Like all politicians he bought into the elitism of the system. I wish it weren't so, but it is.
thanks for the info ole man
Yes, Doug started as an fos in Ohio. He worked his way up. Sometimes I think that was part of the problem. He didn't have any recent outside experience or fresh ideas. At least no good ideas.
10:4!!! Now I remember vaguely about his background. What about the other guy ,Greg L.?
Greg came from Menlo; where he was instrumental in putting LEAN into place. SORRY you asked!!!
That's alright...and thanks for the info on G.L.'s origin. Only thing to be sorry about is to learn about how this SORRY LEAN JAZZZZZZZ infected our beloved Con-way be begin with.

Lots of interesting conversation.
Interesting that GL left in feb? Think he saw the writing on the wall or got paid to leave silently? Doug S screwed a lot people for his 700k monthly retirement payout that we are paying for and Brads new crib look that up online.

Can't get passed how Brad is going make 200m savings by just cutting lean and sales for 28m I agree with getting rid of the operational fat. To many sups and drivers showing videos and ordering lunch. But maybe we will be a intermodal Ltl company see you line haul. Economy carrier of the year XPO.

End the day our boy just reported a 90 m loss?

Still can't see how this is a good thing. He wants to try and be in the FedEx and ups playground gues what?... They got a lot mo money than this Pipe dream.

Tony Brooks doesn't have much background in basic city LTL trucking ??? oh well he will learn fast ???

Lots of interesting conversation.
Interesting that GL left in feb? Think he saw the writing on the wall or got paid to leave silently? Doug S screwed a lot people for his 700k monthly retirement payout that we are paying for and Brads new crib look that up online.

Can't get passed how Brad is going make 200m savings by just cutting lean and sales for 28m I agree with getting rid of the operational fat. To many sups and drivers showing videos and ordering lunch. But maybe we will be a intermodal Ltl company see you line haul. Economy carrier of the year XPO.

End the day our boy just reported a 90 m loss?

Still can't see how this is a good thing. He wants to try and be in the FedEx and ups playground gues what?... They got a lot mo money than this Pipe dream.

Obviously, they had been trying to sell this mess for a long time. A bunch of people high up had quit and it seemed suspicious. But we never get answers.

Jacobs has saved $30 million a year, in a week. And he said in the conference call that the $200 is within reach. Plenty of low hanging fruit. It ain't going to be hard.

So he had a $90 million loss. Is adding a company making money, that should be making way more than it is. Don't see this as a problem.

Jacobs is a flipper. He makes his money on these things when he sells it off. The size and scope of this company is up there. And he is not done growing this business. Ain't no mom and pop going to buy this. He will have to market this to FedEx, UPS or DHL. Of those three, I assume it will be DHL. Unless there is some other out-lying company in India we have never heard of that will have the cash to be willing to spend for an opportunity to get into the North American market with a global company.

This guy ain't here for the long haul. He's here to get his and get gone.

Maybe you guys will start servicing fast food restaurants and schools too??? They can just hang some reefer units on half your pups...

I won't be. They will need to tap into some new labor source for that ::shit::. AT WILL EMPLOYMENT.

If he values drivers, he will be careful what he heaps on them.

if Roadway was so good and Debt free how did YELLOW buy them???? let me help you ROADWAY was sucking air and their stock price was starting to reflect how bad they were sucking and dropped like a rock which allowed YELLOW to buy them....
Roadway stock was around 22 dollars when Yellow offered to buy them. Yellow paid 46 per share to shareholders.

I hope Mr. Tony Brooks brings a bunch of freight with him on Monday. We're still not booming.. I thought XPO was suppose to bring a ::shit:: load of freight. I don't see it.

I don't care how much money he saves when there are drivers driving the dock and dockworkers not riding their forklifts and some not working were not doing good!

I wouldn't care if they start hauling outside freight. Whynot? Those subcarriers constantly haul our ****ing freight while we sit..

I hope Mr. Tony Brooks brings a bunch of freight with him on Monday. We're still not booming.. I thought XPO was suppose to bring a :::shit::: load of freight. I don't see it.

I don't care how much money he saves when there are drivers driving the dock and dockworkers not riding their forklifts and some not working were not doing good!

I wouldn't care if they start hauling outside freight. Whynot? Those subcarriers constantly haul our :censored: freight while we sit..
You realize exactly seven days has passed since they took over our company. Things don't happen overnight. Patience.

Tony Brooks, https://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-brooks/28/422/52

Roadway,

Consolidation Distribution Center Manager, Terminal Manager, District Production Manager
Roadway Express, Inc.

1985 – 1996 (11 years)
Extensive less-than-truckload long-haul management experience with LTL national network operations."

kytZdxv.png

Jacobs is a flipper. He makes his money on these things when he sells it off.

This guy ain't here for the long haul. He's here to get his and get gone.

You could be right, but you could also be wrong. He might be taking this on as his new challenge in life. Sometimes these rich guys want a bigger challenge in life, and his goal could be to put himself at the top. We'll see.

However, I've always had the outlook that I didn't care who's name was on the truck, as long as that with each name change, I didn't lose the time that I had put in to my original company. And from what I read, none of the Conway employees will lose their seniority or pay with this purchase, so it's not a big deal. Point being, I went through two different name changes and purchases, and neither cost me a penny or seniority rights.

And we are already better off for it. How the hell can people think the sky is falling when, so far, there has been nothing but good news ?
That's what makes me laugh about this kind of stuff. Everyone complains about how poorly their company was being ran, yet also complain about the company being purchased, which opens up the door to major improvements.
:scratchhead:

What some people fail to realize is that once a company becomes complacent and stagnant, it's NOT going to see any major changes without a buyout happening. Most companies become "stuck on stupid" over a long period of time.

I can't quite put my thumb on it but I have a bad feeing about this guy. I have friends who drive for Sysco and that place sounds like a real nightmare! Maybe that's part of the reason, also his past with Roadway is concerning. I don't want to sound like one of the naysayers about this, I have tried to remain positive through this whole process and will continue to do so. But like I said I just got a bad feeling...

I also have friends that work at sysco , It sounds to me that a lot of the problems over there are from the contempt some dispatchers, office personal have for the drivers , nonunion fighting union , dispatchers make less than and have worse benefits than the drivers so they couldn't care less about them , plus those who cry the most get the most .

just got home and logged on and then i see this piece about a new president for our LTL. i was good w/ his resume till I read 'roadway' in it and said out loud to myself, "Oh No, not roadway". I hope that I'm not equating this tony guy w/ the sorry roadway (YRC) equipment that I see a lot of. I sure hope that he will pan out to be a winner for us and lead us to our full potential and industry profitability like in the good old hey days of Conway.
Mr.Brooks is the hired hatchet man.Just like CF had a hatchet man.You see what happened to CF?Just messing with ya.I thought I'd agitate a little.Because someone brought up our twine carrying duct taped patched up fine machines at YRC.Actually alot of those tractors have new engines.Plus who knows what's going to happen in the future at XPO? With the ltl industry leaning more towards truckload.Knowing the history of XPO logistics here in the States (non asset based).This could very well not end in a good way.XPO could broker out loads and stream line the freight flow.Whereby as little as necessary in labor will be not needed.Direct shipments and railing of the sort.I hope the best for you all.

I also have friends that work at sysco , It sounds to me that a lot of the problems over there are from the contempt some dispatchers, office personal have for the drivers , nonunion fighting union , dispatchers make less than and have worse benefits than the drivers so they couldn't care less about them , plus those who cry the most get the most .

We have heard that as well. The " It's not fair for people under us make more than us. " Well get your CDL and you can make this money too.

Mr.Brooks is the hired hatchet man.Just like CF had a hatchet man.You see what happened to CF?Just messing with ya.I thought I'd agitate a little.Because someone brought up our twine carrying duct taped patched up fine machines at YRC.Actually alot of those tractors have new engines.Plus who knows what's going to happen in the future at XPO? With the ltl industry leaning more towards truckload.Knowing the history of XPO logistics here in the States (non asset based).This could very well not end in a good way.XPO could broker out loads and stream line the freight flow.Whereby as little as necessary in labor will be not needed.Direct shipments and railing of the sort.I hope the best for you all.

There is a lot of growing concern. So far. This week, anyway. It has been positive. How long will that last ?

Many have been through buy outs before. It's generally isn't good to be bought.

Many understand that this guy is about making money. Cut and gut. Slash and cash. He's done it before. Likely isn't going to just stop all of the sudden.

He seems to believe in drivers as an asset. That still doesn't mean any of us will want the job he wants us to do. Bunch of crusty old folks working here. This has the potential to be every bit as bad as it could be good.

There is a lot of growing concern. So far. This week, anyway. It has been positive. How long will that last ?

Many have been through buy outs before. It's generally isn't good to be bought.

Many understand that this guy is about making money. Cut and gut. Slash and cash. He's done it before. Likely isn't going to just stop all of the sudden.

He seems to believe in drivers as an asset. That still doesn't mean any of us will want the job he wants us to do. Bunch of crusty old folks working here. This has the potential to be every bit as bad as it could be good.

You're so right here it's not even funny. :6788::33::smiliewhs:

I'd probably throw a wrench at all this happy happy stuff being done by the higher ups at XPO.Throw your own coup de ta and invite the UAW or some Machinists union in.I don't recommend the Teamsters.