XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right here you said,I quote :you A lot of former union drivers got the shaft ,You said this Whom and where.and when ,what local.

My entire local got the shaft. The hall about went bankrupt fighting endless grievances before the gates were closed and then when the gates were closed all hell broke loose. When we wanted to strike at Coca Cola we were told we couldn't, we can't afford it. The scope of how bad that situation hurt the union and it's members went well beyond just those that lost their jobs. And many of those old timers from CF refused to work. Set in their ways. When offered other employment they turned their noses up at it. A few tried working with us at Coke but they didn't last. It required effort and all they wanted to do was stand around and tell the same exact story, over and over, all day long.

You have a very ignorant view on a lot of things. Many of us lived through those tough times. Did not just hear about them or read about them. Lived them.

What guys got the shaft like whom and where.Find me a former CF guy that claims,We did nothing for him and his family after the closure .He can Pm me I want his local unions number ,He can remain anonymous.

So you held a fund raiser bar-b-que and had a 50/50 raffle to help ease their pain and loss ? I'm sure that came in handy. ( sarcasm )

There is a national movement,Were have you been,Maybe not in Canada where over 1/3 of all Canadians are union.and take out the white collar workers and it's even higher.Well as far as organizing that takes time and money. we start small and work from there.Didn't at one ever tell don't put all your eggs in one basket..The movement grows a little at a time .All's we have is time and patience.Do You.

There is a movement alright. Union membership is at an all time low. Are you sure that you are helping to move things in the right direction with all of this ? You seem to be pushing people away. Just an observation. I thought it was the role of management to divide and conquer.

My entire local got the shaft. The hall about went bankrupt fighting endless grievances before the gates were closed and then when the gates were closed all hell broke loose. When we wanted to strike at Coca Cola we were told we couldn't, we can't afford it. The scope of how bad that situation hurt the union and it's members went well beyond just those that lost their jobs. And many of those old timers from CF refused to work. Set in their ways. When offered other employment they turned their noses up at it. A few tried working with us at Coke but they didn't last. It required effort and all they wanted to do was stand around and tell the same exact story, over and over, all day long.

You have a very ignorant view on a lot of things. Many of us lived through those tough times. Did not just hear about them or read about them. Lived them.
What local and when.Time to air the dirty laundry,fact or fiction.Every thing comes out in the wash.

There is a movement alright. Union membership is at an all time low. Are you sure that you are helping to move things in the right direction with all of this ? You seem to be pushing people away. Just an observation. I thought it was the role of management to divide and conquer.
Not pushing any one away.If you know more you'll see more

What happened
Still haven’t answered what carrier you work for.
he didn't but I'll pm you later ,it ain't pickfair cartage

Roadboss, I think your full of ::shit::. I don’t even think your a driver. Your a union schill. You won’t answer where you work, won’t answer if the barns that voted no have that right. I think your just a windbag blowing hot air. If you won’t answer these questions in open forum, don’t post here anymore.

Right here you said,I quote :you A lot of former union drivers got the shaft ,You said this Whom and where.and when ,what local.
now if you going to quote me make sure you use the whole statement. This is what I said "There are lot of former union driver that got the shaft from the union working at ltl carries like this one, and want nothing to do with the teamster."
I never said the union screwed CF drivers, but I sure some did. I said there are many former teamster working at non-union LTL companies that want nothing to do with the union.

Not pushing any one away.If you know more you'll see more
Yes we know more and see more. Failing Pension, Falling membership, and union jobs shops closing and jobs going overseas. I believe I would have better luck with putting money under my mattress then into a union pension fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.