XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you are saying is that driver hired after this new contract don't have that protection from Sub service. If this is true it just shows that there are different classes of union worker. I thought the union preached about unity and every worker is treated the same with the same rules. I see nothing has changed since I left the union back in the early 2000

Oh wait...... that's right you and everyone else just sold your future brother down the river. We see standing together means nothing.
No it's based on the number of road drivers at ratification.

[QUOTE="roadboss, post: 1395470,
United rentals is in a different sector then ltl and it was 21 years ago when it was sold.

For me it is easy to hate unions. An absolute no brainer. Unions overwhelmingly contribute funds to democrap candidates. Democrap candidates proclaim that " I " am the problem with America. You see I am a white male over the age of fifty. So to democraps and those that support them (unions) they see me as a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ, homophobe, leftist, fascist, white nationalist, white supremacist and a host of other evils. So tell me why in the hell what I give money to a damn Union that contributes money to people who basically want to exterminate me. Before you vote union look where your money goes. Union, hell no!
I have 28 years with the teamsters . Never ever did I give a penny of my own money to Dems . Sure maybe some union due money went that way . I just loved the benes , pension , job security but mostly the Benes ! They flat out suck at XPO ! If we had the same Benes here you wouldn’t hear a word from me about going union .

For me it is easy to hate unions. An absolute no brainer. Unions overwhelmingly contribute funds to democrap candidates. Democrap candidates proclaim that " I " am the problem with America. You see I am a white male over the age of fifty. So to democraps and those that support them (unions) they see me as a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ, homophobe, leftist, fascist, white nationalist, white supremacist and a host of other evils. So tell me why in the hell what I give money to a damn Union that contributes money to people who basically want to exterminate me. Before you vote union look where your money goes. Union, hell no!
Those funds come from the DRIVE campaign only which is voluntary not dues.

I have 28 years with the teamsters . Never ever did I give a penny of my own money to Dems . Sure maybe some union due money went that way . I just loved the benes , pension , job security but mostly the Benes ! They flat out suck at XPO ! If we had the same Benes here you wouldn’t hear a word from me about going union .
So if you had 28 years union why come here

Again we had a good deal in the beginning for most of us. It is what bought most of us here. That is the past but it’s what led us to be good with top notch people. The fact that XPO can’t attract good people speaks for itself. Jacobs took it down a notch for all new employees shortly after he bought us. That drive to do so spoke as to what he believes in what it comes to labor.

That's 100% factual 'No dues money goes to any political purpose or cause . This is a misconception generated by republicans .
Don't believe them . Again dues money are NOT USED for Political reasons . That is what DRIVE does .
It’s a misconception pushed by Republicans to defund unions and therefore drive them out of existence. Do the research the facts are out there to support this.

The older I got I was just plain tired of the nearly 2 hour commute one way . Do a 534 mile linehaul run and drive home for 2 hours . My body was telling me do something different also my Dr telling me for the last 4 years I am killing myself . I was lied to in my interview here . WZ told twice the ins gets ALOT better in year two . So I convinced myself I could go a year til the insurance gets better . I am now in year 4 and the ins absolutely SUCKS ! If your younger I can see where guys think it’s fine/ok . When you get older you go to Drs more ( most do ) teamsters in’s covers wife , kids 100% except for small co pays . Major surgery I paid $25 . Here year two for the year out of pocket $7300 ! Plus weekly deductions . Health , vision & dental with teamsters you can’t beat it . I may go back my last year just for the ins to get things taken care of . Not sure but I may .

If your younger I can see where guys think it’s fine/ok .
Yes, Sir this is very true . When your young you think your invincible but the truth is everyone is one accident/Illness away from financial stress with the current insurance Xpo offers .This is an indisputable fact.

I'm over 50 and so are all my friends. Democrats don't see me as all those things you mentioned. And I don't understand why you think Democrats think that you are the problem with America. Democrats believe that ANYONE who believes in white supremacy, racism, homophobia or any of those other evils you mentioned IS the problem with America. Why would you think they are talking about you, if you don't follow that path. Unions contribute to Democratic candidates because Democratic candidates support and introduce legislation favorable to labor, the middle class (that's us) and NOT corporations. Protecting the Right to Organize Act, The Public Service Freedom to Negotiate Act, The Workplace Democracy Act, The Butch Lewis Act and many more have been proposed in the House of Representative and some have already passed the House. All of these bills are labor, working man middle class friendly. They will NEVER pass the Senate, because...the Senate is run by Republicans. Republicans want to cut your social security and Medicare benefits, but you keep voting against your own self interests...because you can!

All I'm saying everyone that got hired here new Conway was non union and we all chose to work here. Everyone had a opportunity to apply at a union shop but chose here. So tell me why all the union supporters made that choice?

I can only answer for myself, but when I came on in 2010, no one else was hiring. I had been out of work for a while and 2 months into my job search, only Conway offered me an interview.

But Conway was still non union which meant you were a at will employee with no contract and no team care insurance. If those things were important to you maybe you should of went to a place that already had all of those things instead of having a dream of getting those things here because it will never happen

I think it will happen. Maybe not in the time frame that I originally expected, but sooner or later, you guys will see the damage being done and take that leap of faith. It's not even a leap of faith anymore. Six terminals have paved the way. All you need to do is follow.

Because he

Because Brad can. Everyone can complain all they want about the bennies but in the end you all stick around.

He can...because we let him. No one can possibly like the benefits package we have. No one could possibly agree with the much stricter discipline in place right now. No one could argue that we have less now than when XPO absorbed us. EVERYONE agrees that we are worse off than we were before, but not enough want to do anything about it. Because the company has you bamboozled into believing that you can't. Well....YOU CAN!

No it's based on the number of road drivers at ratification.

If I am reading the language correctly, it will be half a generation before it has any real effect on the employees. By then, we'll have a labor friendly administration and they can toss that ::shit:: in the next contract.

When you played money to the racket, err union they in turn gave a good percent to the dems. I on the other hand will not finance in any way the people or party that lies about my character and basically condemns my very existence. If that works for you fine. But as for me I will always say hell no to the union.

Status
Not open for further replies.