XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'll say is I'm concerned.
He is not as he says "the chosen one"
Who the (I'll be nice) says that.

He's an idiot. And an asshat. No doubt. I can't defend the guy. But, if forced. Only option was the Donald or the Communists. I'll take my chances with the Donald. It's the evil of two evils. There is no lesser choice. Just bad. And bad. But I would rather this bad than that other one. Keep your Commies.

He's an idiot. And an asshat. No doubt. I can't defend the guy. But, if forced. Only option was the Donald or the Communists. I'll take my chances with the Donald. It's the evil of two evils. There is no lesser choice. Just bad. And bad. But I would rather this bad than that other one. Keep your Commies.

In deference to you, I will use your terminology, but I'd rather have a "communist" than a nuclear war!

The ‘Chosen One’...right on the verge of blasphemy.
I think it is.
If you have grandkids. Not sure if you do. But I do.
But my great grandchildren are going to be fixing everything he broke while he was here.
Some dim lights o Pennsylvania Ave.

Please guys, unless it’s directly related to union activity at this company, no more politics. We have sections for that.

Thanks.

Please guys, unless it’s directly related to union activity at this company, no more politics. We have sections for that.

Thanks.

Don't know how you guys do it in Canukistan. But down here the union is a political endeavor. And it was a fair question about the upcoming election. What is best for the labor movement ? The communists that want us all to be jobless and live of the system ? Or the capitalist that's creating jobs and a strong economy, but leaving us with stagnant wages and declining benefits during a time of record corporate profits ?

If you had a vote. Which would you choose ? And yes, there are other party candidates. Not just republicans and democrats. But they have zero chance of winning and you will be stuck with one of these two choices regardless.

I think it is.

If you have grandkids. Not sure if you do. But I do.
But my great grandchildren are going to be fixing everything he broke while he was here.
Some dim lights o Pennsylvania Ave.

Every generation blames the one before. None of us are perfect. We are just doing the best we can with it.

In deference to you, I will use your terminology, but I'd rather have a "communist" than a nuclear war!

I doubt it will be a nuclear war. But there is a war brewing. And a big one. It could come to that. I hope not. But economic policies are leading to war over currency. Not just with China. But India and Russia and everywhere. And it's becoming more and more difficult to be the little guy trying to raise a family. Regardless of where in the world you are. In the US, you got two parents working full time and struggling. Could a labor movement help ? Maybe. Can you get a labor movement in other countries ? It's probably considered illegal to have a union in many countries. How do you create a level playing field ?

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-imports-by-year-and-by-country-3306259

Obviously, getting China to change won't happen. Can you get Mexico ? And Canada ? Maybe upnorth can explain the labor/union situation in that country. Japan has highly complex work laws and standards. And Germany is mostly a union country.

Big problems take big solutions.

Don't know how you guys do it in Canukistan. But down here the union is a political endeavor. And it was a fair question about the upcoming election. What is best for the labor movement ? The communists that want us all to be jobless and live of the system ? Or the capitalist that's creating jobs and a strong economy, but leaving us with stagnant wages and declining benefits during a time of record corporate profits ?

If you had a vote. Which would you choose ? And yes, there are other party candidates. Not just republicans and democrats. But they have zero chance of winning and you will be stuck with one of these two choices regardless.
Wow that's a pretty big f you to the mod, keep up the good work.

Wow that's a pretty big f you to the mod, keep up the good work.

We aren't saying anything out of line or breaking any rules. Everyone is being civil. And the topic is relevant. If he can't handle this discussion he can get one of the other mods to help him.

This looks to be a landslide victory for Trump getting re-elected. If you are in a union or want to be. That reality may be very concerning to you. How do you fight for the little guy ? When you keep giving all the power to the billionaires and their billionaire friends ?

I doubt it will be a nuclear war. But there is a war brewing. And a big one. It could come to that. I hope not. But economic policies are leading to war over currency. Not just with China. But India and Russia and everywhere. And it's becoming more and more difficult to be the little guy trying to raise a family. Could a labor movement help ? Maybe. Can you get a labor movement in other countries ? It's probably considered illegal to have a union in many countries. How do you create a level playing field ?

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-imports-by-year-and-by-country-3306259

Obviously, getting China to change won't happen. Can you get Mexico ? And Canada ? Maybe upnorth can explain the labor/union situation in that country. Japan has highly complex work laws and standards. And Germany is mostly a union country.

Big problems take big solutions.

I don't think a nuclear war is in our immediate future either. It was a dramatic effect I was looking for. Nevertheless, a war with Iran will make the Iraq war look like a walk in the park. I believe that Russia and China are allies with Iran and North Korea. This is a global issue. The have's versus the have nots. Regardless of where in the world you are. In the US, you got two parents working full time and struggling. It's a similar situation everywhere. If two aren't working, the family is really struggling.

What I do know is that there are more of us, than there are of them. So, while the illusion of a democratic process is still with us, we should use it to level the playing field. In a recent post you referenced giving power to billionaires. That is happening all over the world and we are steps away from being unable to reverse it diplomatically or with peaceful protest. And, I completely agree that politics in entwined in the union debate. It's hard to avoid it. And...we are being civil, despite our differences in opinion.

The disintegration of the middle class didn’t happen over the course of any one administration.
I know.
That's why I don't blame any one generation.
Just as I don't blame one generation of union leaders for the mess.
This is a union thread. So I'm directing it back that way.
But on both points. The current leadership undoing of things is going to take generations to fix. Most of us will be long gone and planted in the ground.
(or whatever your preference is).
If it can be fixed at all.

I know.
That's why I don't blame any one generation.
Just as I don't blame one generation of union leaders for the mess.
This is a union thread. So I'm directing it back that way.
But on both points. The current leadership undoing of things is going to take generations to fix. Most of us will be long gone and planted in the ground.
(or whatever your preference is).
If it can be fixed at all.

How does the fix start ? Where do you, or anybody else, go from here ? What is the path to better ?

For who ? We don't have a Labor party. Like some countries do. Right now politicians don't even care to go after the union vote. Most union members vote their conscience on social issues. Rather than hold the line and vote the candidate that supports the union. The Teamsters have not made a strong case for themselves either. And there are more unions out there than just the Teamsters. But will be divided into smaller unions help anything ? Vote ? That's the best you got ?

Hey, Hollywoodz. This guy says all you gotta do is vote and everything will be better. You guys voted. How is that working out ? Champagne and party streamers for everyone ? Everything completely changed overnight ?

That's all I can do is vote.
I was just a dumb ass dock worker for over 30 years. Pluggin through life not arguing politics or unions. Just keeping up with the bills raising kids. Going to work. No point in arguing. No two people agree on one thing.
So I vote. I don't argue it. I just vote.
It's what I expect you to to do too.
I don't care who you vote for. Just vote. That's where you start.
I won't argue it. But I will say I didn't vote for whats in there now.
White house or union. But I live with it. And move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.