XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pro crowd will tell you that they all have good pensions and that it's only the CSPF that is in trouble. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I am aware there are a handful of funded pensions out there. But the truth of the crisis is real. There are a lot of people effected.
I don't think anyone has denied that some of the multi employer pension funds are in trouble at least I should say I haven't. I think you mistaken that if you unionized your company automatically starts paying into a multi employer fund or your dues somehow go to propping up those funds which is not even close to the truth.
No one in xpo is going to get into a multi employer pension fund.. ain't happening. No way no how. End of conversation on that point. And further my money or anyone else is going to pay into such a fund. Why would we negotiate ourselves into that?
The 2 likely options would be an enhanced 401k or a single employer paid pension involving xpo employees only. Or a combination of both.
This bs with us entering into a multi employer fund has to end. Why we agree to that ? We knew going into this that we had little to no chance of getting a pension of that type.
There is a lot of misinformed statements made here and I surely understand the skepticism. I don't mean to jump on anybody with this but if your going to put stuff out there to make a point with all due respect know what your talking about.
I am not the debating type but I do see the value of doing here for some. I am not focusing on Highspeed and I apologize sir if it seems that way.
I value your input . We are not a bunch of misinformed people hoping to get something unrealistic that voted for the teamsters. We will hold them just as accountable as anyone else.
The economic part of are negotiations will take place this fall. We will negotiate are wages and benefits including retirement at that point.
We WILL get a contract that benefits us all. I am totally confident in that.

Also just to be clear at our location, Trenton and Miami the union drive started with the senior employees( most having close to 20 yrs or better with company) . Not trouble makers just hard working drivers who knew things weren't heading in the right direction. Steer it any way you want that's a fact. Guys just like most of you.
Dedicated hard working valued employees who want this company to succeed. I know there are some here that want to somehow demonize those wanting representation with stereotypes. We can go down that road but we can find bad on both sides. There's been corruption in both the union and Xpo's past. Being a union member does not make you anti company. We understand the company does not want us to have a say in things but we believe we can have a working relationship and both succeed at the same time. One is not mutually exclusive of the other.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has denied that some of the multi employer pension funds are in trouble at least I should say I haven't. I think you mistaken that if you unionized your company automatically starts paying into a multi employer fund or your dues somehow go to propping up those funds which is not even close to the truth.
No one in xpo is going to get into a multi employer pension fund.. ain't happening. No way no how. End of conversation on that point. And further my money or anyone else is going to pay into such a fund. Why would we negotiate ourselves into that?
The 2 likely options would be an enhanced 401k or a single employer paid pension involving xpo employees only. Or a combination of both.
This bs with us entering into a multi employer fund has to end. Why we agree to that ? We knew going into this that we had little to no chance of getting a pension of that type.
There is a lot of misinformed statements made here and I surely understand the skepticism. I don't mean to jump on anybody with this but if your going to put stuff out there to make a point with all due respect know what your talking about.
I am not the debating type but I do see the value of doing here for some. I am not focusing on Highspeed and I apologize sir if it seems that way.
I value your input . We are not a bunch of misinformed people hoping to get something unrealistic that voted for the teamsters. We will hold them just as accountable as anyone else.
The economic part of are negotiations will take place this fall. We will negotiate are wages and benefits including retirement at that point.

You're good. I very much appreciate your conversation. And I certainly agree with you on most everything in this post. That said.

You clearly have no idea how much I hear, on a nightly basis even. That we need a pension. Over and over. And I try to use logic, history and current examples to explain why it won't ever happen and why if it did that it would be a bad thing. But that doesn't stop the average joe from shaking his head and insisting that he needs a pension.

These are the same people that still think UPS is going to buy us. Even now after we have BEEN BOUGHT.

Always remember, the audience is far greater than the participants. Even when I'm replying to the keyboard Rambos that troll this site, it's not them to whom I am really speaking. I actually drive for XPO LTL and I really do give a ::shit::.

Better luck with Fan Duel or Draft Kings daily fantasy sports. Just sayin'.

The Teamsters's were there to protest only . They were not there to negotiate. The vote at Trenton has not been certified yet. It will be but not yet because the company through up an objection based on the Teamsters posted a victory on the day of the vote minutes before the vote was over.
The 3 drivers that were fired were all Comitee members responsible for help bring the union in. It's as simple as that. 2 were 20 yr plus employees with stellar employment records. Model employees far from trouble makers. The line haul driver were using the hazmat route to circumvent construction traffic ( no financial gain worth losing there job was There to be gained ) . The city driver worked two 12 hour days and his paper log on those two days didn't match his electronic punch. That's it . He was not accused of stealing just falsifying his log.
What you don't know is the Manager vowed to get the those responsible for bringing the union in when they filed their petition for a vote openly multiple times. He did just that.
What they fired these drivers for is nothing that any of us would not be guilty of knowing or unknowably. If I where to purposely held a microscope to any of us I can find a violation of some sort. If you think your perfect and without fault your full of :::shit::: . The idea that these drivers turned rouge and became trouble makers is not even worth responding to. We all know you don't last 20 plus years here being a problem.
If exercising their Legal right to form a union in their workplace makes them a problem then I guess their guilty.
All 3 of the drivers have sought legal representation and I guarantee they will get their jobs back . I am that sure of it.
The reason I have not responded back is two fold . I have struggled and resisted to perpetuate exactly what the company wanted by posting here about this is to scare anyone thinking about organizing their workplace that you could lose you job for doing so.
Secondly I wanted everyone to ask their TM what happened there to here the responses and I did not here anything. No your TM can not discuss specifics such as names but they can tell you in general what happened without violating anyone's privacy. What I wanted is for you all to know is what and why you can be fired .
I know each one of these guys personally and have talked to them since the action the company took.
I know everyone lives in their own microcosm but I'll say it again. Drivers are being fired for these 2 reasons all over the south.

If you don't want this to be you, log your lunch where you take it and ask permission for everything and document it.

I know everyone lives in their own microcosm but I'll say it again. Drivers are being fired for these 2 reasons all over the south.

If you don't want this to be you, log your lunch where you take it and ask permission for everything and document it.
Also remember they make the rules at this Popsicle stand we just work here. I told the fos I will not pull a load because my set would weight 100 lbs over max allowed and he went out and pulled a skid off.

The Teamsters's were there to protest only . They were not there to negotiate. The vote at Trenton has not been certified yet. It will be but not yet because the company through up an objection based on the Teamsters posted a victory on the day of the vote minutes before the vote was over.
The 3 drivers that were fired were all Comitee members responsible for help bring the union in. It's as simple as that. 2 were 20 yr plus employees with stellar employment records. Model employees far from trouble makers. The line haul driver were using the hazmat route to circumvent construction traffic ( no financial gain worth losing there job was There to be gained ) . The city driver worked two 12 hour days and his paper log on those two days didn't match his electronic punch. That's it . He was not accused of stealing just falsifying his log.
What you don't know is the Manager vowed to get the those responsible for bringing the union in when they filed their petition for a vote openly multiple times. He did just that.
What they fired these drivers for is nothing that any of us would not be guilty of knowing or unknowably. If I where to purposely held a microscope to any of us I can find a violation of some sort. If you think your perfect and without fault your full of :::shit::: . The idea that these drivers turned rouge and became trouble makers is not even worth responding to. We all know you don't last 20 plus years here being a problem.
If exercising their Legal right to form a union in their workplace makes them a problem then I guess their guilty.
All 3 of the drivers have sought legal representation and I guarantee they will get their jobs back . I am that sure of it.
The reason I have not responded back is two fold . I have struggled and resisted to perpetuate exactly what the company wanted by posting here about this is to scare anyone thinking about organizing their workplace that you could lose you job for doing so.
Secondly I wanted everyone to ask their TM what happened there to here the responses and I did not here anything. No your TM can not discuss specifics such as names but they can tell you in general what happened without violating anyone's privacy. What I wanted is for you all to know is what and why you can be fired .
I know each one of these guys personally and have talked to them since the action the company took.
Its about time someone that actually knows something spoke up and I thank you for that!

I've worked here since the CTS days, and I've seen people fired for falsifying logs from new hires all the way up to 20 year veterans. It has always been one of the golden tickets to a new job.

The fact that this is an established basis for quick termination makes it a lot harder to prove that it was an illegal action, and the fact that the employees didn't have the presence of mind to knock it off says a lot about their overconfidence in the system.

Because you're not the one negotiating, the Teamsters are. Remember that card you signed? You gave the bargaining power to someone else. Your wants and needs come second behind the union, and neither of you has any power at the table across from XPO.

You may be right, maybe they won't put you into Central States, but the idea that you'll be dictating the terms of your retirement is adorable. You get full points for optimism, but I don't see it.

Miami has been at it for over 2 years and they've just recently gotten agreements on heavy issues like Thursday paychecks and following federal anti-discrimination law. Six months is an aggressive timeline for the biggest and most contentious issue on the table.

Low bar, isn't it? As long as they pay you something, you benefit. If it's not above non-union pay, this whole thing is a wasted effort.

Because you're not the one negotiating, the Teamsters are. Remember that card you signed? You gave the bargaining power to someone else. Your wants and needs come second behind the union, and neither of you has any power at the table across from XPO.

You may be right, maybe they won't put you into Central States, but the idea that you'll be dictating the terms of your retirement is adorable. You get full points for optimism, but I don't see it.
Total bullshit .. I'm sorry but you have know idea how it works. Drivers are involved in the process in every step and have the ultimate say. Either you need to get informed or you are trying to mislead people here. Which is It?

Even responding to such nonsense is below me. To try to mislead those reading here is an insult to their intelligence with such nonsense. Your going to have to try much harder if you want people to buy that.

Last edited:
I know there are some here that want to somehow demonize those wanting representation with stereotypes... Being a union member does not make you anti company.

When the company is rabidly non-union, yes it does. You think they care about anything else you do? And you're not just anti-company, you're anti-every-other-employee. We didn't come here to deal with this.

Last edited:
Its about time someone that actually knows something spoke up and I thank you for that!

A lot of people here know what they're talking about - where we differ is in what the outcome will be.

It's like sports - you can know all the stats and the odds, but one you start picking winners and losers, you're dealing with emotion. Makes people a little nutty. :argue:

I am more than totally confident that We will get a contract that meets our expectations.

Your negative banter has no reason or rationale. It's only self serving. You are free to feel the way you do but it has no affect on reality.

Go back and read that card, and tell me what it says. Show me where it says that you get the final say on anything. I'll wait.
Oh they get a vote if you want to call it that. The union will tell them to vote yes. Just look at what they did to yrc members

Status
Not open for further replies.