Yellow | Yellow Corporation Investor Presentation August 2021

I thought the cash was flowing to the Caymans, partner?
As the saying goes " I don't Recall " any Cayman transactions !:greedy dollars:
Reaction GIF

The level of blind unreality of our management- at all levels, is so apparent - to us old dumb teamsters-truly pathetic and embarrassing to any New Penn, Holland or Reddaway driver.
It's impossible to sail a sinking ship. The very best you can do is keep it afloat as long as possible. That is Yellow.
The reality is that management has done an amazing job just to keep operating while 600+ other union carriers have failed. The fall of Yellow and Roadway was obvious 20 years ago. They followed the same plan as Associated Transport and Eastern Freightways by merging two companies in decline. Other companies were brought in to maintain revenue and cash flow. The difference is that the union allowed Yellow-Roadway to survive. The IBT has given the company enough latitude to continue to operate and maintain jobs for as long as possible.
The non union carriers are not handcuffed by archaic work rules and unsustainable benefit costs. Their workforce flexibility is efficient and productive. Non union freight is not the future, it is the present. The Teamster model is unsustainable and even the great and profitable ABF is doomed.
I am hated on this board for repeatedly posting this but all of you know that I am correct.

"After years of scamming investors, getting a YUUGE government bailout, reinventing ourselves again and again and again, Yellow is poised to take that final deep dive to the bottom. In a booming, panic driven economy, where customers are held hostage by real truck lines with real capacity and operations. Yellow operates in a world of broken promises, unanswered, phones and emails, An island named Oessandee, where your damaged freight washes ashore never be seen again. A promise of a new platform using tried and true technology from the early 2000's, A fleet of aging plow horses driven by aging cynical, wheezing senior citizens is being changed out for new equipment, with technology incomprehensible for drivers on their last lap, Tractors and trailers spec'd out with yellows time proven standard of low unit cost since the rolling stock will totaled in the accident that's no longer waiting to happen.
At Yellow we're excited about the future of new logo's, new names, new promises, non CDL drivers in a CDL world. A place where the incompetent can reinvent themselves in LTL trucking management. sitting in a cubicle, or attending non essential meetings adopting a problem solving pose in a killer YELLOW polo shirt thinking "why did I leave Kinko's for this?" The future begins tomorrow at YELLOW!!! Join us to see how bad it can get"

well stated...

It's impossible to sail a sinking ship. The very best you can do is keep it afloat as long as possible. That is Yellow.
The reality is that management has done an amazing job just to keep operating while 600+ other union carriers have failed. The fall of Yellow and Roadway was obvious 20 years ago. They followed the same plan as Associated Transport and Eastern Freightways by merging two companies in decline. Other companies were brought in to maintain revenue and cash flow. The difference is that the union allowed Yellow-Roadway to survive. The IBT has given the company enough latitude to continue to operate and maintain jobs for as long as possible.
The non union carriers are not handcuffed by archaic work rules and unsustainable benefit costs. Their workforce flexibility is efficient and productive. Non union freight is not the future, it is the present. The Teamster model is unsustainable and even the great and profitable ABF is doomed.
I am hated on this board for repeatedly posting this but all of you know that I am correct.
Hay this worked in the 1940's

Roadway didn't fail. They became part of Yellow-Roadway and under the management of William Zollars, when Yellow Corp. bought Roadway Corp. for 966 million in cash and stock.
Most of the 966 million was borrowed money that the new Yellow is still paying interest on.
Any company that used Jifs was bound to fail, it was just a matter of time. :hide:

You guys forget one important detail, Holland guys are not like YRC guys, and I have worked for both. Something tells me a lot of Redaway and New Penn guys are like us also. We still have pride and we still work hard! Yes that is me going through Chicago twice a night blowing the doors off of all the YRC guys and looking over to see where the other YRC guys are sleeping. Do we have enough guys left with a good work ethic...I'm not sure? But I can tell you that if we had more guys like the guys at my barn we could turn things around, even most of the city guys work hard and do their best to see that freight makes service! Now I have seen enough of the 309 Chicago work ethic to know its an uphill battle, but I am not ready to hop in a row boat yet! We may be taking on water but I think the ship can still be saved! Yes I know most of you will call me names now and say I am crazy but that's what I believe and if your in Chicago tonight and see that 63 mph flash go by you....well that was me!

Any company that used Jifs was bound to fail, it was just a matter of time. :hide:
Heard the next round of new tractors will be jifs. Wait til the new breed gets a load of those.
You guys forget one important detail, Holland guys are not like YRC guys, and I have worked for both. Something tells me a lot of Redaway and New Penn guys are like us also. We still have pride and we still work hard! Yes that is me going through Chicago twice a night blowing the doors off of all the YRC guys and looking over to see where the other YRC guys are sleeping. Do we have enough guys left with a good work ethic...I'm not sure? But I can tell you that if we had more guys like the guys at my barn we could turn things around, even most of the city guys work hard and do their best to see that freight makes service! Now I have seen enough of the 309 Chicago work ethic to know its an uphill battle, but I am not ready to hop in a row boat yet! We may be taking on water but I think the ship can still be saved! Yes I know most of you will call me names now and say I am crazy but that's what I believe and if your in Chicago tonight and see that 63 mph flash go by you....well that was me!
I'll give you a like cause I want to believe. We used to have that at MI but the outbound ops mgr squeezed the life out of it. New TM from the Yellow barn down the road is in place and pretty sure he gave Ryan a pep talk to really drop the hammer. We're losing dock only forkers as fast as they can hire them and the few CDL new hires we get last about a month. but as soon as we merge the yellow guys will fix things Probably only have to lay off 20-25 Holland drivers. New guy says there's no merger on the horizon, so probably before Christmas.
I'm starting to believe yellows plan is similar to amazons. Except they want a month of work out of new hires then let them quit. no benefits get accrued and out the door they go. Maybe its just my barn, and other barns don't operate this way. I'm off the shift now' so I get to punch before the last act of the nightly ::shit:: show. Good luck to all.

Roadway didn't fail. They became part of Yellow-Roadway and under the management of William Zollars, when Yellow Corp. bought Roadway Corp. for 966 million in cash and stock.
Most of the 966 million was borrowed money that the new Yellow is still paying interest on.
His answer to that is it is the teamsters fault somehow...that is his go to answer...
Hay this worked in the 1940's
And so did you....so what is your point?

Nothing wrong with a guy getting a little shuteye, on a good night I could make my trip on just 2 naps.