Yellow | Yellow Drivers Blacklisted...confirmed

Maybe wearing that "Pay the rate or lock the gate" t shirt to the interview wasn't a good
Goodlluck my lawsuit against SAIA over Union member discrimination was dismissed with prejudice by summary judgement.
Any Saia employee could have told you that you was wasting time doing that. Saia has hired so many ex Yellow employees including myself at my location. A few linehaul a few city at both locations and dock workers. Also a handful of useful ex Yellow management is doing stuff in corp down in Atlanta. Even the old line haul manger is now a line haul dispatcher out of my terminal. I have some old friends that got hired up in Minneapolis as well. We all know a lot of these LTL’s go off the good ole boy system and you are not getting on unless you know someone. In all honesty Saia is not a bad place atleast out of my location they leave you alone and let you do your thing. Only snag Iv had another linehaul driver stole my truck one night and it happen to be raining it’s A$$ off and I got soaking wet got back the next morning filed a complaint and it’s not happened again not yet anyway.

Truckload guys working 18 hour days?
Sure pick the larger number, but yes...pretrip, fueling, getting loaded and unloaded, and post trips...mostly done off the log...you are right as far as DOT making it better though....nothing to do with the market as the market made illegal 16 and 18 hour days possible....also I noticed no response on mediocre pay and no overtime...

Just had confirmation that companies are blacklisting ex-YRC drivers. Spoke with a recruiter from heartland express and as soon as I mentioned that I worked at YRC he said they were not hiring any YRC drivers. He said this was a company policy that his managers had told him to follow. I asked him if it was because they were union and he just kept saying he didn't know he was just doing what management instructed him to do. I also asked if there were any other companies that were outright blacklisted and he said no. Only YRC at this time.

I had suspected this as usually trucking companies were quick to reply. I actually left YRC last year long before they closed and had many recruiters calling me and even had multiple offers in the works until they officially closed shop. Once that happened every company I've talked to has ghosted me. I've even had interviews where they said they wanted to hire me and then never hear anything back as I assume HR overrides the local office once they process me for the job.

Anyone else any experiences like this? Is this illegal? I've never heard of this. I was thinking of talking to a lawyer but not sure I could really prove anything.
Unfortunately, I would guess it isn't illegal. Never heard anything on previous employer being protected like race, age, weight, handicap, etc.

Sure pick the larger number, but yes...pretrip, fueling, getting loaded and unloaded, and post trips...mostly done off the log...you are right as far as DOT making it better though....nothing to do with the market as the market made illegal 16 and 18 hour days possible....also I noticed no response on mediocre pay and no overtime...
I didn't respond to the mediocre pay statement because that's an argument that can't be won by either side. Mediocre is subjective. The folks doing the job have decided what was a rate acceptable to them in exchange for their time, effort, and skills.

As far as overtime goes, laws determine what is/isn't required.

Last edited:
Any Saia employee could have told you that you was wasting time doing that. Saia has hired so many ex Yellow employees including myself at my location. A few linehaul a few city at both locations and dock workers. Also a handful of useful ex Yellow management is doing stuff in corp down in Atlanta. Even the old line haul manger is now a line haul dispatcher out of my terminal. I have some old friends that got hired up in Minneapolis as well. We all know a lot of these LTL’s go off the good ole boy system and you are not getting on unless you know someone. In all honesty Saia is not a bad place atleast out of my location they leave you alone and let you do your thing. Only snag Iv had another linehaul driver stole my truck one night and it happen to be raining it’s A$$ off and I got soaking wet got back the next morning filed a complaint and it’s not happened again not yet anyway.
Not in the Chicago area still afraid of Unions here.

Just had confirmation that companies are blacklisting ex-YRC drivers. Spoke with a recruiter from heartland express and as soon as I mentioned that I worked at YRC he said they were not hiring any YRC drivers. He said this was a company policy that his managers had told him to follow. I asked him if it was because they were union and he just kept saying he didn't know he was just doing what management instructed him to do. I also asked if there were any other companies that were outright blacklisted and he said no. Only YRC at this time.

I had suspected this as usually trucking companies were quick to reply. I actually left YRC last year long before they closed and had many recruiters calling me and even had multiple offers in the works until they officially closed shop. Once that happened every company I've talked to has ghosted me. I've even had interviews where they said they wanted to hire me and then never hear anything back as I assume HR overrides the local office once they process me for the job.

Anyone else any experiences like this? Is this illegal? I've never heard of this. I was thinking of talking to a lawyer but not sure I could really prove anything.
I would imagine it is illegal, but try and prove it.