Yellow | Yellow Drivers Blacklisted...confirmed

85fc91cb3ddacdad877aaff09ad6c659.jpg
Hi, my name is Patel Jurwaskie and I'm here for the job interview , I have over 15 miles of safe driving awards and have driven trucks up to 62 mph and most things are not my job , I only drive interstate only !!! Do I get the job ???
I enjoy driving on the interstate, and it also saves the company money.

Not to be controversial, but some of yellows drivers come in with a better than you attitude and i been doing this for so many years and the senority for this and i didnt have to that and got paid for this doesnt transition well into being a team player.
My past experience of just chatting with drivers on docks, quite a few guys thought the Teamsters was the employer. They just drove the companies truck. Not limited to just Yellow

My past experience of just chatting with drivers on docks, quite a few guys thought the Teamsters was the employer. They just drove the companies truck. Not limited to just Yellow
Agreed. I applies at Yellow once and went for the interview and when i left 3 workers asked if i had gotten hired and if i joined the union. I still had more to do than just that interview but i asked them do i have to join it and they said no but you better keep mouth shut about it and not tell anyone. I really didnt understand why it was anothers workers business if i joined or not. A different trucking company called before Yellow so i did not go to work for Yellow.

Agreed. I applies at Yellow once and went for the interview and when i left 3 workers asked if i had gotten hired and if i joined the union. I still had more to do than just that interview but i asked them do i have to join it and they said no but you better keep mouth shut about it and not tell anyone. I really didnt understand why it was anothers workers business if i joined or not. A different trucking company called before Yellow so i did not go to work for Yellow.
The quick answer on that is you still get represented in right to work states....somebody is paying for your representation....people don't take kindly to people that freeload....

The quick answer on that is you still get represented in right to work states....somebody is paying for your representation....people don't take kindly to people that freeload....
By the NLRB rulebook, not the union’s. The only freeload benefits they get are the vacation, insurance, and any other contract clauses that members have fought for while they sit home with their feet up. Get yourself in a pickle then you can fight by yourself.

By the NLRB rulebook, not the union’s. The only freeload benefits they get are the vacation, insurance, and any other contract clauses that members have fought for while they sit home with their feet up. Get yourself in a pickle then you can fight by yourself.
I don't live in a RTW state, but I have always heard they get represention....this article says freeloaders do get representation...

I don't live in a RTW state, but I have always heard they get represention....this article says freeloaders do get representation...
Good article. Thank you for that. Nowhere in there does it say that myself as a steward is required to be vocal at any freeloaders hearing. Just being present can be considered representation. The member in question can think about that before and/or after the hearing.

Good article. Thank you for that. Nowhere in there does it say that myself as a steward is required to be vocal at any freeloaders hearing. Just being present can be considered representation. The member in question can think about that before and/or after the hearing.
I get that, but that would be the reason that members would not care for a freeloader...... Which was my answer to steercrazee....

What kind of a pickle? What kind of fights were fought to which the members give back some of their pay and benefits. Sounds like the company won.

What is a freeloader?
In Right To Work states a person can choose not to pay dues....but the Union still must provide representation, for free....hence freeloader.... usually it is just a cheap bastard that wants to be cheap...I had a guy tell me one time he wishes we were RTW so he could buy extra beer with his savings....he wasn't joking....

In Right To Work states a person can choose not to pay dues....but the Union still must provide representation, for free....hence freeloader.... usually it is just a cheap bastard that wants to be cheap...I had a guy tell me one time he wishes we were RTW so he could buy extra beer with his savings....he wasn't joking....
Had i had gotten the job at yellow i would have joined the union. This was many years ago before my knowledge of Yellow the company itself being incompetent. I have nothing against the union. If it wasnt for them the trucking industry would be worse than what it is.

What kind of a pickle? What kind of fights were fought to which the members give back some of their pay and benefits. Sounds like the company won.
Stay on point here. This isn’t about the givebacks, which in that case the company did win for the last fifteen years. This is about someone who calls himself a member, enjoys his contractual benefits but doesn’t want to pay dues, then demands representation (freeloaders). Go to your local gun range, country club or golf club. Tell them you want to be a member but don’t want to pay fees. Let me know how that works.

Stay on point here. This isn’t about the givebacks, which in that case the company did win for the last fifteen years. This is about someone who calls himself a member, enjoys his contractual benefits but doesn’t want to pay dues, then demands representation (freeloaders). Go to your local gun range, country club or golf club. Tell them you want to be a member but don’t want to pay fees. Let me know how that works.
Agree. Had id gotten a job at yellow or some other union company i personally would join. If im getting union benefits i would pay my share to be a part of it. If for some reason in the future i ever work for a union company id join. I have nothing against the union. Im good with it or with out it. I do hope A.B.F and what ever union companies are left make it and are successful. Wish Yellow would have made it. I sometimes ponder if all the union places close will that have a negative effect on trucking companies. I dont want to go back to 16-18 hours days mediocre pay and the company thinks it better come first before your family. I know Estes will never be union and a lot of others dont want it. However without the unions we wouldnt be making what we make. They paved the way long before i ever was in trucking for me and and everybody else so we cant discount that.

Keep in mind, the law says you must represent. It doesn't say anything about winning the case. Those of you out there who have represented knows what I'm talking about,