Yellow | Yellow/Roadway may merge

unionjack

TB Lurker
Credits
According to Zollars,CEO of YRC,he states that the company could save 5 % if the two companies merged. Be afraid, very afraid!

:chairshot: Give it up Union Jack! The only thing that would work is merging corporate offices. Both companies have a loyal customer base. Take two billion dollar trucking companies and you have ONE billion dollar company if you keep your customer base which in this industry is unlikely.

Personally, I think it has no chance whatsoever of becoming reality. I just qouted an article in Transport Topics of a statement from CEO Zollars at a investors conference.

Yeah. This is in the Transport Topics issue dated, February 19, 2007, page 2 under the column called "Digest". The journalists name that wrote the article is Jonathan S. Reiskin. Hope that helps.

UJ,
Thanks, I'll try to find it.
I started this thread also on Rdwy forem and spent over an hour trying to find it. As said it was in TT I believe from a conference to BB&T. Sounds like Cut and Run Bill has a plan for us:chairshot:

KK I think I get your drift and hope theres more solidarity at your house. My idiots :butt kiss: are thinking it only effects linehall and makes perfect sense:duh:

dear gents,as for the aforementioned in the title of this string anything could be done but,unlikely for 5percentage points...and also did yall watch the company video on the 4th quarter financial reports?Our dearly departed Mr.James Welch gave his speech on the how company is doing and his look and demeanor in which he delivered that speech was somewhat suspect.He looked as though he had gotten released from a pow camp....was he doing code.....or shall we say he was forced out not retiring.....sorry to see him go...

Or.......could that have been a ploy.You know its close to contract time..and yellow could say that they cant afford to give us as big of a raise as originally planned cuz they have to pay for the retiring James Welch......worth a thought

There aren't any docks large enough to ever combine the two, city/breakwise.

Road ops only, now there you might have something. No rolling stock , simply trucks with steering wheels. Not sure how it'd ever be worked out contract-wise, but logisticly, it makes sense.

GUYS WHAT EVER HAPPEN WILL THERE IS NOTHING WE AS DRIVERS CAN DO BUT WATCH SO REST EASY AND KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO DRIVING THAT YELLOW OR ROADWAY TRUCK UNTIL IT HAPPEN THATS ALL WE CAN DO

There aren't any docks large enough to ever combine the two, city/breakwise.

Road ops only, now there you might have something. No rolling stock , simply trucks with steering wheels. Not sure how it'd ever be worked out contract-wise, but logisticly, it makes sense.

I know this isn't a popular subject with the loss it could cause, but when they 1st did the USF deal I said it didn't make sense to leave all these co's doing the same thing and have several trucks and drivers picking up and delivering at the same places.

Since then they did away with Dugan, looks like the way it may work is Yellow Roadway being the long haul and Holland doing short-regional.

Instead of putting them all under the same roof they would divide the area, i.e. Yellow STL do downtown and east and BigR do west and south.

Again just my opinion and I may still be wrong, not trying to slam anyone or get in a pissing match just looking at it as someone in management might to raise profits by reducing duplication.

Even with this it wouldn't change the work force by much as the same amount of frt would still be picked up, some trlrs would be more to capacity which might be where Bill got his 5% figure from.

FM

Well, I guess all we can do is watch, and stay informed. But, The bean counters never stop. They keep on lookin for ways to cut, save and try and improve the numbers, at our expense. I do not like bean counters!!

I think you'll are making 1 mistake here. We always look at it as we can't make it work with what we know at the moment. Corp. looks at how can I make more with less for a shorter time. How many times have we said step over a dollar to save a dime. 5% in labor cost is huge to these guys and they will spare no effort to get it. Labor cost is really the only thing in this world they can control and it drives them nuts:funky: