Yellow | Yellow/Roadway may merge

The point is that it does not matter if Yellow purchased Roadway.If there is to be a merger of the two companies senority will be dovetailed.So if you work for Yellow,don't think that a Roadway Teamster with more seniority than you is going behind you just because Yellow bought Roadway,and when you think of it,we are all Teamsters before we are employees,and seniority prevails at all times,or at least it should anyway.

Thats a 10-4 roger.......Bingo!

No matter what the contract says, there is no way ever, not a chance that Yellow guys would go ahead of Roadway guys. It would only be fair that we dovetail and everyone involved will agree to that, the contract can be amended if both parties agree.

Yellow Corp. being a holding company makes no difference whatsoever, its still a buyout, Roadway got bought, Yellow did not exchange hands.

Also Yellow is way better than Roadway!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

I don't see a merger in the works!

Once again, if the economy stays a little healthy, and the freight levels stay up to where they have been, there will be enough freight to go around to both YRC National Transportation and YRC Regional Transportation. IF the economy continues to "peter out" and more and more freight starts going to the non-union competition who will try to undercut our rates, THEN I think Dollar Bill et al will be under tremendous pressure from Wall St and the shareholders to either spin-off or shut down one of the carriers. I don't think YRC is making enough money on that "next day" freight that is moving at Standard Ground rates. Yellow and USF Holland both are running the same next-day lanes half empty. How long can they keep that up and still make a profit? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out! Pray for a good economy!

In the Q4 conference call Bill Zollars eluded to a merger of some Yellow and Roadway line operations by the end of this year.

In the Q4 conference call Bill Zollars eluded to a merger of some Yellow and Roadway line operations by the end of this year.
My guess about any kind of linehaul merging is this: We may wind up moving some of each others freight on a few shared lanes from shared satellites (or, end of line terminals) to breakbulks that are within close proximitiy of each other or move some full load, single bill freight (or some WalMart/other retailer trap freight) across aforementioned lanes in the same manner. To ever try to move freight thru one anothers breakbulks and try to break it (especially LTL) on one anothers dock would be virtually impossible. Too many differences in coding, billing, etc... It would be chaos!

I agree, I could see all line drivers dispatched from one teminal, and the frieght shuttled to and from that terminal, from the one that loses the line.

It would be interesting to have a map of all road terminals of all companies and see the distances between them. If they can get all runs to turns only no layovers it would save lots of money. I dont understand why they we are getting away from pups though combining linehaul with direct loading of pups or a linehaul driver pulling a pup from each company going to the same city would speed up freight with less handling of freight ( lees damage).

My guess about any kind of linehaul merging is this: We may wind up moving some of each others freight on a few shared lanes from shared satellites (or, end of line terminals) to breakbulks that are within close proximitiy of each other or move some full load, single bill freight (or some WalMart/other retailer trap freight) across aforementioned lanes in the same manner. To ever try to move freight thru one anothers breakbulks and try to break it (especially LTL) on one anothers dock would be virtually impossible. Too many differences in coding, billing, etc... It would be chaos!
I agree with you. I don't think you will see a total merger of both company's, but more of what you have suggested. Look at the change of op's Roadway is going thru today. They are trying to mirror Yellow's linehaul, moving freight simalar to Yeiiow.

I agree with you. I don't think you will see a total merger of both company's, but more of what you have suggested. Look at the change of op's Roadway is going thru today. They are trying to mirror Yellow's linehaul, moving freight simalar to Yeiiow.
I don't think Roadway is trying to be like Yellow. Roadway is trying to speed up their freight lanes by bypassing the larger break-bulks and loading more direct loads. They are trying to improve the process...Each company is different in many ways. Roadway does things that are better than Yellow and Yellow does things better than Roadway. But Yellow does not run or own Roadway. It is much larger than that. Bill came from Yellow but now is in charge with running a Corp. with almost 10 companies and they are adding 2 more Asian companies this year...

Damn Speeding Yellow Drivers !!

You wouldn't have seen him in your mirror for long Fri night, had one pass me coming west across I-70 had to be doing at least 70.

FM

Must have been an older RDWY unit or a
sleeper team because all the newer Volvo's and Sterlings are governed at about 63 MPH or
so, mores the pity :Flame-On:

Dem' Rollers up in your mirror!

Just a quick snappy thought: I like to see Roadway in my mirror.:hysterical: :smilie_132:

Was that you with the state trooper writing you up for a speeding violation _again_? :hysterical:

I call speeders "bear-bait" myself :hide:

Maybe he was going down a steep grade with the wind at his back.
I know my tractor will go faster than its governed for in those conditions.
Mine is set at just under 65,but going down hill my rig will go faster.
Now going up a hill thats a whole different ball game.