FedEx Freight | You've all been dooped

Like their stellar health insurance for example?

Ha ha. Nope, I wouldn't use that as an example either. You won't hear me dispute the few positives you have.

Why wouldn't you rather have had all those pension contributions go into your check opposed to the pension fund? "You" had to give away 6% of your road miles as well as 7% of your wages to keep those pension contributions. Your employer leases approximately 1/2 of their terminals. They've lost over $200 Million in the last 5 years. That's over $109,500 loss PER day.

Last edited:
It is what it i. We're better off facing it rather than bury our heads in the sand and pretend that it doesn't exist. Tell me wise one what you would do.

Not put my faith in a multi-employer pension in the first place. Especially with the history of corruption in Central States.

Not put my faith in a multi-employer pension in the first place. Especially with the history of corruption in Central States.
I don't know what part of the country you are in but I find your comment interesting given the fact that you previously admitted that ABF didn't hire you. :shrug:

I don't know what part of the country you are in but I find your comment interesting given the fact that you previously admitted that ABF didn't hire you. :shrug:

Wow so like a union thug, go straight for a personal attack instead of talking facts. Fact is I looked at ABF years ago and they hired a YRC guy on layoff. Then I got on with OD and haven't looked back.

I'm in central states land, so... If I were to lose my mind and take a cut in pay and lose 2 weeks of vacation, my retirement would be pretty much screwed. Where do I sign up?

Wow so like a union thug, go straight for a personal attack instead of talking facts. Fact is I looked at ABF years ago and they hired a YRC guy on layoff. Then I got on with OD and haven't looked back.

I'm in central states land, so... If I were to lose my mind and take a cut in pay and lose 2 weeks of vacation, my retirement would be pretty much screwed. Where do I sign up?
A union thug? No thuggery in my post there that I can see, can you point it out for me? Years ago? So I doubt that a cut in pay and 2 weeks vacation were at stake. And it sounds like you were trying to put your faith in a multi-employer pension fund to start with. You sound like a bad case of sour grapes to me.

A union thug? No thuggery in my post there that I can see, can you point it out for me? Years ago? So I doubt that a cut in pay and 2 weeks vacation were at stake. And it sounds like you were trying to put your faith in a multi-employer pension fund to start with. You sound like a bad case of sour grapes to me.

Dude I was at Con-way. You blame me for wanting to leave?

Turns out that dude on layoff from YRC did me a favor... The only sour grapes over here are in the wine I'm guzzling...

Fed Ex announces its spending 4.8 billion dollars to purchase TNT in Europe and yet you guys still pay astronomical amounts of money for your health insurance and no pension. Lol. Way to go Fred. He must be the Wall Street hero
FXE was getting thumped in Europe. This acquisition will help FX Corp do to DHL what FX and UPS did to DHL in the States. Like it or not, Freight is just a teeny "oh, and we do that too" in the portfolio of sevices that FX offers. This is a smart move.

I'm retired and getting a FXF pension check every month.
I hope yours is better than mine is going to be.Getting ready to retire after 30 + years and only have $30,000,00 in pension plan.That's around $190,00 a month.Some of the younger guys will have over 200,000,00 if they stay 30 years.Enough said.T.P. enjoy your retirement.

I hope yours is better than mine is going to be.Getting ready to retire after 30 + years and only have $30,000,00 in pension plan.That's around $190,00 a month.Some of the younger guys will have over 200,000,00 if they stay 30 years.Enough said.T.P. enjoy your retirement.
He gets a Viking pension administered by Freddy.

I retired 2-1-2011 during the last FXF merger. I also retired on the old Viking retirement plan. To receive the full pension you had to have 30 years and 65 years of age which I did. I had about a dozen plans to choose from. On the advise of my financial advisor I went with the plan that paid the most money a month. I'll collect my pension as long as I can stay above ground. In there event of an early out, (below ground) I took out a term life insurance policy. My 401K is also a big part of my retirement plan. That's one of the best deals for the working class. I do have to pay taxes on my pension and the 401K money, but with my pension, 401K and SS I'm actually bringing home more money than I did when I was working. I followed Dick Bangham's advise, and its worked out very well for me. TP

Just curious.....what pension plans did you guys have before FXF offered one? I for one am glad they added it. We didn't even have a pension until they added it 8 years ago. Prior to that, no pension at all, only a 401k. Seems like the ones who are complaining the most about the pension are likely the ones who are 60 years old without funds in 401k saved. So since when is it someone elses reponsibility to save FOR you? I count on me and me alone. If it were up to me, I wouldn't pay a dime in social security either as I'd rather have the money to invest how I see it versus letting the government hold it for 40 plus years