FedEx Freight | You've all been dooped

Just curious.....what pension plans did you guys have before FXF offered one? I for one am glad they added it. We didn't even have a pension until they added it 8 years ago. Prior to that, no pension at all, only a 401k. Seems like the ones who are complaining the most about the pension are likely the ones who are 60 years old without funds in 401k saved. So since when is it someone elses reponsibility to save FOR you? I count on me and me alone. If it were up to me, I wouldn't pay a dime in social security either as I'd rather have the money to invest how I see it versus letting the government hold it for 40 plus years

You guys would be happy if Fed Ex gave you a crap sandwich with mustard, you would be bragging they didn't have to put mustard on that sandwich. And no im not 60 years old far from it but i want a decent pension plan and this plan is not even decent IMO.

You guys would be happy if Fed Ex gave you a crap sandwich with mustard, you would be bragging they didn't have to put mustard on that sandwich. And no im not 60 years old far from it but i want a decent pension plan and this plan is not even decent IMO.
You guys, appreciate the pigeon hole. I want, I want, I want. Me, Me, Me. You want a decent pension plan....so do I but I'm also realistic. I don't expect the company to back pay me for 22 years of service when the pension plan only started 7 or 8 years ago. I think you need to be realistic about your expectations.

hard some times to keep expectations at a resonable level as i watch raises craw along as they get erased with insurance cost increase with a lower quality of coverage and company profits sore

Healthcare costs have impacted every company. If we want it to change, we don't need to vote for Hilary come election time. Vote republican and hope they repeal Obamacare. I shouldn't have to pay for insurance for those who can't afford it. I also don't smoke, don't drink, try to exercise and eat healthy. Part of the reason I don't run the road anymore. Too many hours, not enough me time.

Healthcare costs have impacted every company. If we want it to change, we don't need to vote for Hilary come election time. Vote republican and hope they repeal Obamacare. I shouldn't have to pay for insurance for those who can't afford it. I also don't smoke, don't drink, try to exercise and eat healthy. Part of the reason I don't run the road anymore. Too many hours, not enough me time.
You would think that the teamsters would favor all Republican candidates in hopes of them repealing Obamacare before 2018....since it's the Commucrats who screwed the unions with the passing of Obamacare...which includes a clause that calls for the union's exemption ending come 2018.

You would think that the teamsters would favor all Republican candidates in hopes of them repealing Obamacare before 2018....since it's the Commucrats who screwed the unions with the passing of Obamacare...which includes a clause that calls for the union's exemption ending come 2018.
Why is it always the governments fault?

You guys, appreciate the pigeon hole. I want, I want, I want. Me, Me, Me. You want a decent pension plan....so do I but I'm also realistic. I don't expect the company to back pay me for 22 years of service when the pension plan only started 7 or 8 years ago. I think you need to be realistic about your expectations.

Nope your wrong again I never said for them to go back and pay I understand the pension didn't start until 08. They need to make it respectable thats all im saying not based on hopes and dreams like it is now.

Nope your wrong again I never said for them to go back and pay I understand the pension didn't start until 08. They need to make it respectable thats all im saying not based on hopes and dreams like it is now.
Your FedEx pension, along with your 401K (provided you contribute and what you invest in) will surpass any union pension...do the math.

Your FedEx pension, along with your 401K (provided you contribute and what you invest in) will surpass any union pension...do the math.

No it won't like I said before the fed ex pension is based on hopes and dreams of getting a 2 percent raise every year doubt I will be making 40 bucks an hour when I retire. Your adding all that stuff to get one they also have 401k and ss so we will be receiving alot less.

No it won't like I said before the fed ex pension is based on hopes and dreams of getting a 2 percent raise every year doubt I will be making 40 bucks an hour when I retire. Your adding all that stuff to get one they also have 401k and ss so we will be receiving alot less.
How do you know you won't get atleast 2% raise every year? I think we've proved your crystal ball is broken.
Yes, union driver's have access to 401K's but they're companies don't match they're contributions, they give more in their pensions.....until they take them away during concessions or just cut their pensions altogether.

How do you know you won't get atleast 2% raise every year? I think we've proved your crystal ball is broken.
Yes, union driver's have access to 401K's but they're companies don't match they're contributions, they give more in their pensions.....until they take them away during concessions or just cut their pensions altogether.

What you speak of has never happened yet about union pensions getting taken at least with ltl's. There pension is easy you get 105-115 for each year worked our's not so much it's based on seeing the future like you proposed. Fed ex pension is a joke they should take it all back and start over again with something respectable. You never mentioned that Fed Ex has a clause in our great pension that if they claim it's under funded they can take it all back. Im sure you just forgot to mention that great tid bit of information.

You and RAT always blame the government or the union,how about YOU take responsibility for your actions instead of blaming the world for your shortcomings.
I didn't vote for Obummer, Ried, Pelosi, or any of the other Commucrats that shoved the ACA down our throats...remember, they had to pass it to see what was in it.
Please explain how we can take responsibility for something we had no part in?

I didn't vote for Obummer, Ried, Pelosi, or any of the other Commucrats that shoved the ACA down our throats...remember, they had to pass it to see what was in it.
Please explain how we can take responsibility for something we had no part in?
That's it Red you blame everything wrong in the world on somebody else ,you (in your mind) are always right. GTFU