Yellow | YRC almost sold

I found these articles in the KC BIZ Journal on Tenex Capital Management that KK referred to in his post. Thought some of you might want to read them, they date back to 8/2009.

Kansas City Business Journal: Tenex Capital Management related content

I don't know but it doesn't seem to be working then I don't really understand these things other than the COMPANY seems to be blaming everybody except upper management where the problems all seem to be.

I heard "Douche" Bank is going for a buyout of YRC and cleaning out the "hole" bloody mess at corporate! Thats just what I heard.

sense more of use are layed off then working . all we can do is hope just some of this comes true

I heard "Douche" Bank is going for a buyout of YRC and cleaning out the "hole" bloody mess at corporate! Thats just what I heard.
That is who funded Yellow Freight to buy some of the other union and non-union companies originally. That bank also owns DHL. I think it is in Hamburg, Germany.

maybe yes maybe no

can't understand why this keeps getting rehashed ! maybe if they elminated the word "Deutsche" guys would stop spreading this mis-information
If someone was in the market to buy YRC, as the article alleges, I have two questions about logic. (1) Who had enough money to write that check and (2) had Overnite been purchased prior to that already? If Overnight was purchased by UPS after that it is possible UPS wanted to buy us first. It is anyones guess who it was ... that's for sure ... no matter what bank or post could have been involved.

If someone was in the market to buy YRC, as the article alleges, I have two questions about logic. (1) Who had enough money to write that check and (2) had Overnite been purchased prior to that already? If Overnight was purchased by UPS after that it is possible UPS wanted to buy us first. It is anyones guess who it was ... that's for sure ... no matter what bank or post could have been involved.

Same way UPS bought out of Central States. 6.1 billion dollars. Overnite was owned by Union Pacific R/R before it was sold to UPS.

Who in their right mind would invest in YRC let alone buy it now..with all the uncertainties about the pension?. If YRC wins the pension legislation..One aspect of the proposed legislation would give funds more time to recover from the stock market collapse. Under the Pomeroy bill, a plan like Central States would pay pension obligations for companies that are still in business. And the PBGC would pay the pension obligations owing from failed companies. the PBGC has a maximum pay out of only $1,080 per month for a retiree with 30 years of credits. One does not need to be a mathematician to conclude that sooner or later all the cost cutting will result in a profit but busloads of people will be thrown under that bus

YRC backs this bill because it would save them huge pension obligations.

You don't need any money, Just good credit......... Look at what Yellow bought with no money........ Rumor was back in about 2002 that UPS was interested in buying Roadway, They just didn't want the managers that came with it........

You don't need any money, Just good credit......... Look at what Yellow bought with no money........ Rumor was back in about 2002 that UPS was interested in buying Roadway, They just didn't want the managers that came with it........
Don't forget that UPS is still interested in buying out YRC.

Let's all remember one thing, we are not orphans, we are Teamsters, We belong to the multi employer pension fund, This is not a yellow pension fund. Our money was paid in, How in the world can you take away a mans pension, just to pay a yrcw mans pension. This is all a bunch of bullshit, that may get someone or many found under the bus. I do not care if the gov gets involved or not, it would be discriminatory to do this. You want to see a riot on your hands, wait till all the so called orphans get cuts. God bless America, it will be a total nitemare. Think about this, the fund seems to be doing O.K. without yellows pension contributions, why not just put all of the yellow drivers not retired yet on a yellow plan of their own, Good lord watch the fires light up now. There is not easy way to settle this, Cut my pension and you will all know me, I will be the one on TV yelling to get rid of all the people who had anything to do with that mess.

Don't forget that UPS is on that venue too, aside from these people. UPS is still thinking about buying out YRC. Pension freeze for everyone now, and how UPS paid out of it over a year ago. Anyone see the connections, yet?

Just what is there of value for UPS to buy...

Anybody who would like UPS to buy YRC, be careful what you ask for. UPS is only about profit not people.
Thats good sign, because there isn't a clear direction that YRC is taking now when it comes into making a profit. Nothing but favoritism with the people in the current management, and that isn't getting a job done neither. Everyone who was cut was all from Yellow. The very qualified personnel who knew how to run a business properly, but also had and gave the respect for their employees at all times. The only direction and respect YRC/309 has for their employees. Is for everyone to spend time with the night driver foreman's office surving unfair punishments, without a hearing or having the proper representation when needed.

write what check by time you subtract the debts from the net worth you you'll end buying more debt than worth why you think every buyer keep backing out. Can you see your self going to the coast to look at a $2.3M 84' Yacht with a 10' hole in it and on fire and you still offer them $2.3M. Well this boat has a whole in it and its on fire and until the hole is fix and the fire is put out(Zollar) Anyone buying it will be buying it to use as a tax write off and it will surely close. They are trying to fix the hole but the fire is growing bigger. I wonder how big of a Bonus Zollar will give himself if this COO goes through?

the_worlds_greatest_trucking_compan.jpg
..for sale​
laughs_8.gif
Company---free
assume debt $1,000,000,000

I believe we were bought up already by Roadway, everything has gone to the Roadway system, most Yellow managers have been terminated. This is the first time I have ever heard of a company purchasing another company & then switch everything to their operations. I'm not trying to start a Roadway vs Yellow feud, but, why was Roadway the surviving entity? I know all the rumors about Roadways money, credit & them owning all their equipment. I honestly believe this was a backdoor merger between Yellow, Roadway, Banks & Lawyers & it will all come out someday when the crooks who did this are either dead or to old to be prosecuted. I hope we all can survive this whole mess & be profitable again someday & the crooks who did this pay for their actions!!!!!!!

This is true, the pos company was almost bought by Sandford & Son but they backed out when they realized they couldn't make a profit selling their junk! Fred and Lamont said they could never resell roadway trucks that burn wood instead of fuel!