Yellow | YRC almost sold

He should of stuck with his own management and not with *******. YRC would have been better off.

the problem is yrc got stuck with zollars and his yellow managent team.wow , you still dont get who ceated most of this mess-ZOLLARS yellow.blaming roadway and the union , just shows your total disconnection of reality of the whole situation.yellows managers are a bunch of ego maniacs, that continue too push failed policies.And when yrc closes they will probably continue thier failed ways at another company and dragg them down too.over all yellows workers are bill runners ,that dont have a clue how to load frieght properly.ROBOTS AND KISS A SSES that let management walk all over them.yellow was a piece of ::shit:: company that should have been shut down years ago.your love for zollars is evident in your lack of putting any blame on him.get a clue

the problem is yrc got stuck with zollars and his yellow managent team.wow , you still dont get who ceated most of this mess-ZOLLARS yellow.blaming roadway and the union , just shows your total disconnection of reality of the whole situation.yellows managers are a bunch of ego maniacs, that continue too push failed policies.And when yrc closes they will probably continue thier failed ways at another company and dragg them down too.over all yellows workers are bill runners ,that dont have a clue how to load frieght properly.ROBOTS AND KISS A SSES that let management walk all over them.yellow was a piece of ::shit:: company that should have been shut down years ago.your love for zollars is evident in your lack of putting any blame on him.get a clue

Wow! Tell us how you really feel. Are we still living in the past? How can YRC get any better for anyone, if people choose not to work and stick together with others?

Now just hold your bocce balls a moment! I'm the first to admit yellow is, was a pos company destroying everything it touched, but after the merger everything went to the roadtoad way of doing things and we all know how that has turned out. So wouldn't that prove that roadtoad is the bigger of the 2 pos companies! Maybe if in March the roadtoad management had kept the yellow computer system instead of their 1975 calculator things would have been a bit better. Naaa, they'd still be where they are.

we have all been sold ........................... down the river without a paddle

BZ is the next upcoming W. Buffet. Give it some time. It takes smart business decisions to keep the company operating. The company is still in business. It is always slow at this time. Ususally in the middle of April is when freight starts to pick up anyway.

Now just hold your bocce balls a moment! I'm the first to admit yellow is, was a pos company destroying everything it touched, but after the merger everything went to the roadtoad way of doing things and we all know how that has turned out. So wouldn't that prove that roadtoad is the bigger of the 2 pos companies! Maybe if in March the roadtoad management had kept the yellow computer system instead of their 1975 calculator things would have been a bit better. Naaa, they'd still be where they are.
We went to the Roadway of doing things? Ya we started using our computer program but we stiil did Yellow ::shit::. Leave loads setting and laying off to make a certain number, customer be damned. Skipping PU' was unheard of at the Roadway that I knew untill Kansas started telling my boss how to run a terminal. You guys have now idea how Roadway did things prior to Yellow, but I damn sure know how Yrc does it now.......sad.

Roadway turned their trucks up to make longer runs. Kansas City to Denver, Dallas to El Paso, Chicago to Middlesex Pa. and others. Roadways teams pulled triples. Roadways computer program was not some costly services. We did not sponcer Nascar or some golfer. Roadway made a profit and paid union wages.

OH! Ah! ERRR! :Flame-On: I am trying to hold it back. I would to love to reply with some wonderful facts about *******, but I will be respectful for once, and stay out of this one.

Ok yellow computer system was better I'll take your word on that because I wouldn't know I was allways to busy doing my job as a driver, maybe if roadway had more property to sell you could have your computer system back. Here's the deal yellow stuff is all leased the computer system Yrc can't afford to use those tools anymore Yrc loses money so Yrc went with the paid for system, I know alot of roadway managers that were terminated since this yellow nightmare began so get off the roadway taking over kick because I assure you Yrc is not run like roadway was. All I know is I'm looking for a new job and if Yrc ever gets themselves out of this mess and goes on anothere buying spree I won't wait around again I'll leave right awAy

Yellow Freight was a great company to work for when itwas owned and ran by a banker named George Powell. With the banks owning YRC, hopefully they will bring back the no nonsense approach to doing business.

Roadway turned their trucks up to make longer runs. Kansas City to Denver, Dallas to El Paso, Chicago to Middlesex Pa. and others. Roadways teams pulled triples. Roadways computer program was not some costly services. We did not sponcer Nascar or some golfer. Roadway made a profit and paid union wages.
Sorry, ******* and ****** doesn't exist anymore. No point in :argue: back and forth about who is better than one another. We are all Teamsters, work out the differences repectfully. So try to give and show some love :kiss2: to the former, fellow, ******, Brothers. See that, (Check Settings) the first thanked post received was from a former ****** driver. :biglaugh:

George E Powell was a banker in Kansas City when he bought Yellow back in 1952. Look up Yellow corporation company history.

Sorry, ******* and ****** doesn't exist anymore. No point in :argue: back and forth about who is better than one another. We are all Teamsters, work out the differences repectfully. So try to give and show some love :kiss2: to the former, fellow, ******, Brothers. See that, (Check Settings) the first thanked post received was from a former ****** driver. :biglaugh:
I do love my ****** Brothers. :console: Its your STUPIDASS management I can't stand. I just hope we can survive with them. :holysheep:

We went to the Roadway of doing things? Ya we started using our computer program but we stiil did Yellow ::shit::. Leave loads setting and laying off to make a certain number, customer be damned. Skipping PU' was unheard of at the Roadway that I knew untill Kansas started telling my boss how to run a terminal. You guys have now idea how Roadway did things prior to Yellow, but I damn sure know how Yrc does it now.......sad.
And what is equally stupid......Now they are forcing the same failed practices at Holland.:chairshot:

We have a magic number of drivers that the bean counters allow us to use each day, regardless of bill counts. The number doesn't change. If we can't get it on the trailers for delivery, we just have to store it for the day. Very impressive!

I understand cost savings.but there are some things that shouldn't be compromised.such as the computer software yrc uses today.pardon me ex.roadway brothers but this ASP system from roadway that yrc uses is really antiquated.for the money the "old yellow" software system should and could be used.it would help in knowing where each shipment is located and help in tracking shipments faster and easier.it just a darn good system all around.let me reiterate.its not cheap.some things just shouldn't be compromised.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

[quote author=bigtruk_us link=topic=76934.msg830655#msg830655 date=1274110439]
I understand cost savings.but there are some things that shouldn't be compromised.such as the computer software yrc uses today.pardon me ex.roadway brothers but this ASP system from roadway that yrc uses is really antiquated.for the money the "old yellow" software system should and could be used.it would help in knowing where each shipment is located and help in tracking shipments faster and easier.it just a darn good system all around.let me reiterate.its not cheap.some things just shouldn't be compromised.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk
[/quote]

The system works the biggest problem is still lack of input from some of the legacy Yel terminals, if you don't image the BOL and assign it to the correct trailer on outbound it's not going to show where it is.

Yellow used to be 9002 certified with their computer system, now I don't see anything about it anywhere.appearntly that left with the "expensive" system, but we have an easier payroll system. :duel: