Yellow | YRC Employees opinion on daily bill count

off topic here, but is it true that sometimes we have to haul the BS freight that doesn't pay well to help move the good freight thru the system in a timely fashion....

First off you're not off topic. Besides the excellent example you cite, sometime you have to bite the bullet with big accounts. What is important is our ability to off set marginal shipments with good revenue producing shipments. We just can't tell some customers to "pound sand". Also we make money based on density. That is why freight mix and density are crucial metrics. And bill count is just one measure indicative of our health as a business.

that's how in our old company we were able to fill trailers to 99% time after time. by letting our stack masters let all the freight sit on the dock until they see all the puzzle piece and then BAMMM it would all get put in high priced low priced it didn't matter because it all had to go!!

We just can't tell some customers to "pound sand".
No. Absolutely not. But I always felt that when we left their freight sitting on the storage trailer, on the dock all day, or didn't make their pick-ups, that we kind of were actually telling them to "pound sand". But that was just my take on the situation............it never set well with me.

No. Absolutely not. But I always felt that when we left their freight sitting on the storage trailer, on the dock all day, or didn't make their pick-ups, that we kind of were actually telling them to "pound sand". But that was just my take on the situation............it never set well with me.

That there is a local management flaw of not communicating with the customer, driver and most of the time between the supervisors themselves. Last week I told the the TOM and O/B supervisor at the end of my shift that I was booking off for a dental appt. I did a courtesty call next day to keep the city dispatch in the loop to make sure the word was past to him....Not!!!
Communication will grow that bill count if you keep the customer on the same page....

if each term put up the real numbers instead of the ones the spend hours making look better than they are .then Kansas could fix this .but until the time comes and they can find the cheaters it will always be this way. worry about my term.and screw whats right for us all.