Yellow | YRC Freight Columbus-857 Barn is a Ghost Town!

They must've had all the brand new/leased equipment because the couple of yards I still pass by have equipment just sitting there rusting away
That's the case with my terminal. We're out west so rust isn't as big a problem, but the tractors haven't moved in quite some time.

FM, does that mean all of the equipment has been taken by/to Ritchie Bros.?? I see an "open-air" dock. Let me guess; this was a Roadway facility prior to the merger in 2009. Yellow tended to put doors on buildings to keep the weather out.
Perhaps you should confine your comments to those things you have some knowledge of. Roadway's terminal in Colombus was located on Frank Road east of I-71 on the east side of the city. The Yellow toilet was located west of Hillard-Rome Rd. and south of I-70 on Fisher Rd. on the west side. Yellow was FAMOUS for open docks. Chicago Ridge was another. The Chicago Ridge terminal was built by Gateway, and by modern standards was a decrepit dinosaur.

FM, does that mean all of the equipment has been taken by/to Ritchie Bros.?? I see an "open-air" dock. Let me guess; this was a Roadway facility prior to the merger in 2009. Yellow tended to put doors on buildings to keep the weather out.

Why would you put doors on a dock that operates 24/7?

Perhaps you should confine your comments to those things you have some knowledge of. Roadway's terminal in Colombus was located on Frank Road east of I-71 on the east side of the city. The Yellow toilet was located west of Hillard-Rome Rd. and south of I-70 on Fisher Rd. on the west side. Yellow was FAMOUS for open docks. Chicago Ridge was another. The Chicago Ridge terminal was built by Gateway, and by modern standards was a decrepit dinosaur.
Perhaps you can just say "No, your guess is incorrect". That's a tad more gentleman-like.

Perhaps you can just say "No, your guess is incorrect". That's a tad more gentleman-like.
Your "guess" seemed to indicate some predisposed opinions towards Roadway Express. And I will reiterate, your opining on subjects you know nothing about should probably be avoided. Which would be equally "gentlemanlike". It is glaringly obvious you never worked for Big R.

Last edited:
FM, does that mean all of the equipment has been taken by/to Ritchie Bros.?? I see an "open-air" dock. Let me guess; this was a Roadway facility prior to the merger in 2009. Yellow tended to put doors on buildings to keep the weather out. This was a Yellow terminal .And because Yellow leased everything the doors were repossessed also along with everything else including all the desk and chairs in the office.