Yellow | Yrc Freight / Holland Northern Michigan Coo 2019

Bring back Roadway's Empowerment program. Teamsters at Roadway ABQ. ran both the inbound and outbound shifts for about three years. Right up until the merger with Yellow.
Indy was the opposite. Yellow had 3 supervisors running a 180 door terminal. Roadway seemed to have a supervisor for every 5-10 doors....

I have a bad feeling we are going to be voting on a MOU by the end of year freezing wage increases.
Yeah and why not , they know the sheep will vote YES for freezing wage increases for next 15 years and freezing all our benefits too !! Thats one thing old yellow can count on is the yes sheep voters :guiness:

Yeah and why not , they know the sheep will vote YES for freezing wage increases for next 15 years and freezing all our benefits too !! Thats one thing old yellow can count on is the yes sheep voters :guiness:

OK, you have to open the box, unwrap a few, and actually eat some of those Snickers bars.

Indy was the opposite. Yellow had 3 supervisors running a 180 door terminal. Roadway seemed to have a supervisor for every 5-10 doors....
Rings a familiar chord. In my domicile, Roadway and Yellow handled about the same volume. However, Yellow got it done with just over 70% of the people that Roadway had. Efficiency? Work ethic? Functional computer system instead of a "dinosaur" system? Probably a combination of these things, but the fact remains: Yellow got the same amount of work accomplished with about 28% less man-hours. Think about that!

Rings a familiar chord. In my domicile, Roadway and Yellow handled about the same volume. However, Yellow got it done with just over 70% of the people that Roadway had. Efficiency? Work ethic? Functional computer system instead of a "dinosaur" system? Probably a combination of these things, but the fact remains: Yellow got the same amount of work accomplished with about 28% less man-hours. Think about that!

Not my experience, but it’s ancient history. Think about that.

Not to throw gas on the fire,but when they combined us with the yellow people where I was,my honest opinion of their management,dock,and p and d procedures was dysfunctional at best. Never saw as much wasted man hours,and revenue as that operation.