Estes | YRC must think this is a game of Monopoly

Well,its on them.However,buying out Roadway and the regionals almost put them under.Seems they would have learned from that,but what do I know,im just a dumb truckdriver.

Well,its on them.However,buying out Roadway and the regionals almost put them under.Seems they would have learned from that,but what do I know,im just a dumb truckdriver.

Yeah, when they bought Roadway they absorbed their debt also, and that was probably 1/3 of the purchase price.. ABF probably has less debt than Roadway ever did, so it would be more financially sound... But if I were YRC, I would remain on my journey and make my company stronger...

Smart thinking. Max out your credit cards then get another credit card to buy another business with maxed out cards.
I know we did it with GI trucking but the only difference is, our cards had "0" balance before the acquisition.

Smart thinking. Max out your credit cards then get another credit card to buy another business with maxed out cards.
I know we did it with GI trucking but the only difference is, our cards had "0" balance before the acquisition.

That wasn't the way it really went down, was it? LOL

YRC would be crazy to even attempt it.A double dip recession with all of that debt would probably be bad for all involved.Probably a gimmick to use for somebodys advantage.

YRC would be crazy to even attempt it.A double dip recession with all of that debt would probably be bad for all involved.Probably a gimmick to use for somebodys advantage.
Sure got the stock price to spike though. Be curious to see just who sold large sums of yrc stock following this supposed leak of information.

Pulling 40k cross the WV turnpike is pityful with these trucks.Anything over 20k seems like 40.

I sent my truck in for service, 1st part of this week.. I have 148,000 on my "maxi pad" and so far has done well.. But, I had the tread on my rear tires wearing thin and ask for replacements.. They did.............. On the passenger side only..... With recaps.....LMAO... Damnedest thing I've ever seen....

get used to it. they will step over dollers to pick up pennies. getting trucks fixed anymore is like pulling teeth

Yeah, when they bought Roadway they absorbed their debt also, and that was probably 1/3 of the purchase price.. ABF probably has less debt than Roadway ever did, so it would be more financially sound... But if I were YRC, I would remain on my journey and make my company stronger...

I could be wrong, but when I worked for Big R, I was under the assumption that they were debt free.

I would say we are having some major equipment issues these days, we got more trucks with 800, 000 or more all over the yard, and breaking down constantly...

I could be wrong, but when I worked for Big R, I was under the assumption that they were debt free.

They had debt, but not like American Freightways... All companies have a certain amount of debt, no getting around it... I was told that when Fred bought AF, they had over 300 million in debt.... Hell, we have debt, and we were considered the most debt free freight line in the business at one time...

I would say we are having some major equipment issues these days, we got more trucks with 800, 000 or more all over the yard, and breaking down constantly...

I was told by my TM that, that was discussed in Memphis last week and would be corrected..... I guess they are going to buy another crop of them...

My linehaul truck has 821k miles on it.As for mechanical failure,it still has no more than some of the new ones.My biggest gripe is the pull,these trucks have never met a hill it liked..