Yellow | YRC to cut 1100 jobs, close 27 terminals in regional trucking ...

Owlpuss according to my friends that left to work at the union lines
DHL has purchased YRC thus they will be in control as was posted
earlier they plan to cut 1100 jobs and close 27 terminals sounds like
they have control already?

what control ?Dhl has nothing to do with yrc. ask cfer about this I have read his answers to all these questions . and so should you.

The sad part of this that I am seeing here in the DFW area is this: I know (personally) of at least 4 USF employees who USED to work at either Yellow or Roadway.
They were discharged for one reason or another (which I won't go into details about here). I would not give them a SNOWBALL in H&!! chance of being considered for being hired by either Yellow or Roadway now.

WHERE DO THEY GO FOR WORK?!?!?!?

Got too big too fast!!!! $Bill Zollers, a forward thinking CEO,did not see down turn in economy.Some visionary we have running our ship.Now we are heavy into debt,creditors no longer rate us worthy.What worries me is he closes 27 to 30 centers,saves 10 to 30 million? and Wall street BARELY blinks an eye.I feel this is only the beginning of cost cutting.It's time for new leadership in DC.,possibly,a young man from ILLINOIS with NEW ideas and less FEAR!. GOOD LUCK to all those who lost their jobs.

Just wait until they combine yellow and roadway.There will be a lot more out of work.And start running nonunion for the rail. bye bye sleepers.

Just wait until they combine yellow and roadway.There will be a lot more out of work.And start running nonunion for the rail. bye bye sleepers.

Yellow and roadway were actually close to or exceded target forcasts, as did New Penn. The YRC website says there will be no combining of the Yellow and Roadway brands. While we may see some work overlap the two brands, like linehaul operations, they will for all intents and purposes be kept seperate.

As for the shiny wheels pulling freight, it says that the amount pulled off the rails and put on the shiny wheels will be 4% the first year. What difference does it make whether that 4% is on a train or a non union truck? It is still not being handled in house. This is just one of the reasons I voted no to this contract. I still don't see how putting our freight in the hands of any out of house concern can be more profitable than keeping it all in house. At my terminal, we used to use a lot, and I mean a lot of outside cartage to move our freight. We told our managers, that we could move it faster and cheaper than a cartage agent. Know what happened? We were right, and one of our past cartage agents ended up closing because we no longer gave them anything and we kept our customers happy and the cartage charges stayed in our barn. Unfortunately, that was before the merger, and now they would rather use cartage agents again, instead of growing the list.

The sad part of this that I am seeing here in the DFW area is this: I know (personally) of at least 4 USF employees who USED to work at either Yellow or Roadway.
They were discharged for one reason or another (which I won't go into details about here). I would not give them a SNOWBALL in H&!! chance of being considered for being hired by either Yellow or Roadway now.

the sad truth either yrc or abf dont burn any bridges

I don't see how them being fired (and you not posting the reasons) as being at all related to this thread. We all make our own bed to some degree. Then we get to lie in it. Reputations precede us if we're fired. Justified or not, that's a whole lot different than innocently working along, and then having your job or terminal eliminated....

In Atlanta the Holland terminal looks like they
have half of the road units parked during the day and I over heard one of their drivers say
they had layed off 51% of the shuttle or night
road drivers.

The thing that cracks me up is people talking about dhl buying us, but my TM told us about a month ago we had put a bid in on Conway just to take us out of DHL's pricerange.

I guess we will just have wait and see since
there seems to be a lot of rumors pointing to
DHL. I just don't like seeing drivers being layed off or shafted by the companies because of
**** poor management I don't know how many
times in the last 26 years in the trucking bussines I've heard management tell me I'm
just not seeing the big picture but I'm still waiting for one of those A-holes to draw it for me so maybe I can get the big picture????? As to price range DHL has very deep pockets they are in Europe and ASIA what UPS is here in the USA and just like FedEX buying American freight and Watkins and UPS buying Overnight they want
a national LTL unit to compete in the US market.

I just think it would be hilarious for the only NMFA carriers to buy out the biggest anti-union carrier that I know of.
Maybe thats why they are shutting down some Holland and other USF terminals. So they can buy conway.....lol. Thought YRC was broke. I know how there getting the money, Bill Z said he is working with out pay for the rest of the year........:chairshot:

Maybe thats why they are shutting down some Holland and other USF terminals. So they can buy conway.....lol. Thought YRC was broke. I know how there getting the money, Bill Z said he is working with out pay for the rest of the year........:chairshot:
Yea, and I want use toilet paper either......

Got too big too fast!!!! $Bill Zollers, a forward thinking CEO,did not see down turn in economy.Some visionary we have running our ship.Now we are heavy into debt,creditors no longer rate us worthy.What worries me is he closes 27 to 30 centers,saves 10 to 30 million? and Wall street BARELY blinks an eye.I feel this is only the beginning of cost cutting.It's time for new leadership in DC.,possibly,a young man from ILLINOIS with NEW ideas and less FEAR!. GOOD LUCK to all those who lost their jobs.
THAT COUSIN OF SADDAM.
THAT MUSLIM who we are at war with,pathetic

Sure, he can afford to go the rest of the year without pay. He made in 6 weeks this year, what it would take us 4 years to make. Plus he still gets to cash in his stock options and collect a bonus since a bonus is not considered payroll.
Please......tell it to someone else, cause I for one, don't believe he deserves any money for the **** poor job he has done the last 5 years. :nutkick: