Yellow | YRC Worldwide Reports Fourth Quarter 2011 Results

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
YRC Freight tons per day up 6.7%, revenue per hundredweight up 4.8%, operating revenue up 11.0% -- Regional tons per day up 4.7%, revenue per hundredweight up 5.7%, operating revenue up 12.6%

OVERLAND PARK, KAN., Feb. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- YRC Worldwide Inc. YRCW -0.92% today reported financial results for the fourth quarter of 2011.

Consolidated operating revenue for the fourth quarter of 2011 was $1.212 billion, up 11.1% over 2010, and consolidated operating loss was $38 million, which included a $13 million loss on asset disposals, $4 million of restructuring professional fees and $9 million of letter of credit fees (as detailed in the reconciliation below). Excluding these items, on a non-GAAP basis 2011 fourth quarter operating loss would have been $12 million. As a comparison, the company reported consolidated operating revenue of $1.092 billion for the fourth quarter of 2010 and a consolidated operating loss of $28 million, which included a $3 million loss on asset disposals, $8 million of letter of credit fees and $6 million of restructuring professional fees (as detailed in the reconciliation below). Excluding these items, on a non-GAAP basis 2010 fourth quarter operating loss would have been $11 million.

The company also reported positive operating cash flow of $27 million for the fourth quarter of 2011, which included the $4 million of restructuring professional fees, and reported gross capital expenditures of $35 million. When excluding the above noted restructuring professional fees, the company reported on a non-GAAP basis adjusted free cash flow usage of $4 million for the fourth quarter of 2011 (as detailed in the reconciliation below). As a comparison, the company generated non-GAAP basis adjusted free cash flow of $11 million for the fourth quarter of 2010, which included the add back of $7 million of restructuring professional fees (as detailed in the reconciliation below)..........................

YRC Worldwide Reports Fourth Quarter 2011 Results - MarketWatch

So am I reading this right?
About a 38 mil loss?
Yes simply speaking we decided to haul more freight for free!!! After all is said and done this company lost 38 million more this quarter,I sure wish there were some way we could help these fellows out A little more. Maybe if we give back our 25% pension or maybe we could pay half our insurance. No I've got it lets give some raises and bonus's to the great Jim Welch and his wonderful board of directors!!!!! Well wait A minute,that would'nt be fair. Lets pay higher union dues also,we can't leave out those good ole boy's who helped get where we all are today!!!!! YAAAAAAAA!!!!

What a f'n joke. This pos couldn't make a dime if you borrowed it a buck!

....or some guys could stop having accidents and stop getting hurt. That could be worth $38 million system wide. And then there is the issue of freight claims caused by poor loading. Stupidity by some guys adds to that loss also.

....or some guys could stop having accidents and stop getting hurt. That could be worth $38 million system wide. And then there is the issue of freight claims caused by poor loading. Stupidity by some guys adds to that loss also.

Or they could get rid of half the stupidvisors. They suck revenue not create it. 700 people working in that pos in overland park? A management chain of command 10 miles long? Don't buy any big ticket items and get your resume in order. These crooks know EXACTLY what they are doing.

No doubt managment wanabee response. What a idiot.

when you do MORE work with LESS people accidents and injuries are going to occur more often, not to mention when you work force is older people because NOW they can't afford to retire until the age of 65, most that I know work 11-12 hours a day!!!

And then there is the issue of freight claims caused by poor loading. Stupidity by some guys adds to that loss also.[/QUOTE]

Poor loading? Give the dock proper equipment, and quit forcing them to cross-dock when there's not enough freight to build a proper load. Poor loading? More like poor dock supervision. Bring back the "Lead Man", and keep management inside. Better loads, better moral, better productivity.

when you do MORE work with LESS people accidents and injuries are going to occur more often, not to mention when you work force is older people because NOW they can't afford to retire until the age of 65, most that I know work 11-12 hours a day!!!

Except when it comes to management. There we are doing LESS with MORE. 10 billion in revenue to just over 5 billion, half the drivers, but we made sure there were plenty of jobs for displaced managers.

Except when it comes to management. There we are doing LESS with MORE. 10 billion in revenue to just over 5 billion, half the drivers, but we made sure there were plenty of jobs for displaced managers.
And our management is still the highest paid in the industry!

Not a management wannabe........just an 18 yr man trying to tell you how I see it at my barn. Sounds like you complainers are part of the problem not the solution. We are Teamsters....we are the best in the business. We need to show it. We are having too many stupid accidents at my terminal. That does cost money that we can't afford to spend.

"Docksider'? Are you sure this is not "Teamguy" with a different screen name? Ok , I'm going to go puke now. Where are your YRC Freight pom poms ? You Gasbag. Wake up .......the coffee is ready.

Not a management wannabe........just an 18 yr man trying to tell you how I see it at my barn. Sounds like you complainers are part of the problem not the solution. We are Teamsters....we are the best in the business. We need to show it. We are having too many stupid accidents at my terminal. That does cost money that we can't afford to spend.

Must be a busy life you lead, being a perfect driver, safety expert, loading guru, and an accountant. Well get your yes pen warmed up Mr Safety, their about to ask you to give a little more for the cause.

Must be a busy life you lead, being a perfect driver, safety expert, loading guru, and an accountant. Well get your yes pen warmed up Mr Safety, their about to ask you to give a little more for the cause.
Slim, you shouldve seen that coming when the BOD took their raises shortly after they took their seats at the table... Just remember guys Mr. Welch "cares about the yellow freght employees",, lol the only thing this company cares about is how fast they can shove our 15% in their pockets before the banks finally figure out whats going on..