Yellow | YRC Worldwide Reports Fourth Quarter 2011 Results

No man power>>> let the driver hook his own.
Problem solved money saved to pay pension plan with.

Were you trying to prove his point or disprove it? You did a good job of proving walken1414 post with that statement.
:mf_swordfight: How about instead of stoping the truck for an Oil change we get 60 mph creepers....Or we could just poor more oil in the top end. Oh wait???? :27:

No man power>>> let the driver hook his own.
Problem solved money saved to pay pension plan with.

Were you trying to prove his point or disprove it? You did a good job of proving walken1414 post with that statement.

Actually, my point was...........when managers manage poorly, drivers end up sitting on the bench. In a perfect world loads would show up on time, loads would close out on time, and all a driver would have to do is load up and go. Obviously, it's not that simple, but........and this is HUGE.......... any money this joke of a company saved would just go to buy another company:1sm364jumpbed:

Take it easy driver I voted NO every single time ..... Soon it will be... 35% of something is better than 100% of notheing or better yet, "at least it's better than J.B. Hunt", I think ????? :(

This company has far too many whining whimpering old fools who somehow think YRC owes them a job.

Whiners?! Really?! Not one single person that drives a truck, a forklift, turns a wrench or any other job that has to do with the day to day operation of this company is responsible for the mess this POS company has gotten itself into. However, we ARE the ones this POS company has placed the burden of their mismanaged, irresponsible, useless change of operations onto. We might as well pitch a big tent and turn on the music......."The Show Must Go On!"

We as Teamsters don't have any leverage right now, so were gonna have to sit tight, put all the bs that is going on around us aside, and keep plugging away with the work ethic that puts us Teamsters on top of the heap. We are the industry standard, we are proud, strong Teamsters, and one day, hopefully sooner than later we will get that leverage back. The day is coming my Brothers and Sisters, this company will soon (i hope) be back on top, making huge profits, and then we will be able to demand that we be made whole, and then all the non believers will be silenced. Teamster Pride will be restored. Do what you can, where you are, to make it happen, and it will.

Ok......I just don't know where to start, but here it goes.......this company is dead!

Because you say so? Just your opinion, nothing more and definitely not fact.

I don't know why some of you guys can't see the writing on the wall. What more is it going to take? This joke has to end sometime, right? $1.3 BILLION in debt and they're borrowing money to have this change! And some of you guys are cheering it on?! What are they doing with all the money we gave them? Where is it at?

Everybody knows they're in really rough shape. Many are making the effort to work things through to help them survive. That's their opinion and they're entitled to it just like you're entitled to yours. And you didn't give them any money. We all agreed to take a cut. You don't give what you didn't have in the first place.

They ARE accounting for it! It shows up every week on our checks. This company doesn't own hardly anything. We have no collateral. Why is the bank loaning us money?! I have actually decided I will be happy when I get my lay off letter. This company continues to make one boneheaded decision after another. And this change is just one more idiotic waste of money that will result in more people being placed on lay off and more families stressed having to decide to move.

You people who are supposedly happy when you get your layoff letter as you've stated are really a laugh. What's the matter, can't take take your future into your own hands and make decisions for yourself? I know, you'll say that waiting for a layoff is making a decision. Sorry, but if I felt so negatively about my employer I'd be gone and working somewhere else.

Sorry, but if I felt so negatively about my employer I'd be gone and working somewhere else.

Actually, bud, soon I will be gone. So will many other people that had nothing to do with this situation we're all in. I went to work for Roadway looking for a job. And if I wanted to follow my work, I could. But by doing so, I have to disrupt everything in my life and that of my wife and children to move for a company that CAN'T MAKE MONEY! Really?! No thanks. You keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

Wonderful speech, but what's your alternative, shut them down and pat ourselves on the back telling ourselves what a bunch of bad a** tough Teamsters we are?
Well we know you ain't one of them.do you honestly think you have a future here? Come on,read it in black and white every quarter,look around at the junk,look at at dumps we work in. Its over,just waiting for some one to pull the plug.

I don't pretend to be a bad a** Teamster primarily because that type is usually nothing more than a blow hard, gas bag, loud mouth phony. My many years as a Teamster have shown me the the biggest mouths at the diner or drivers room or truck stop are usually the quietest little sheep when it really counts. I fight my battles quietly but effectively and I've done so quite successfully even when I've do it on my own.

As far as having a future here, my future always rests in MY hands and not in the hands of anyone else, company or union.

Actually, bud, soon I will be gone. So will many other people that had nothing to do with this situation we're all in. I went to work for Roadway looking for a job. And if I wanted to follow my work, I could. But by doing so, I have to disrupt everything in my life and that of my wife and children to move for a company that CAN'T MAKE MONEY! Really?! No thanks. You keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

I don't drink Kool-Aid thank you, but I tip my hat to you for putting your family first when making your decision about the job.

We as Teamsters don't have any leverage right now, so were gonna have to sit tight, put all the bs that is going on around us aside, and keep plugging away with the work ethic that puts us Teamsters on top of the heap. We are the industry standard, we are proud, strong Teamsters, and one day, hopefully sooner than later we will get that leverage back. The day is coming my Brothers and Sisters, this company will soon (i hope) be back on top, making huge profits, and then we will be able to demand that we be made whole, and then all the non believers will be silenced. Teamster Pride will be restored. Do what you can, where you are, to make it happen, and it will.

Pretty expensive stuff you're smoking there. Here is some reality for you: We will NEVER be made whole. This pos will NEVER make "huge profits". They will be lucky to make ANY profits again.

Wonderful speech, but what's your alternative, shut them down and pat ourselves on the back telling ourselves what a bunch of bad a** tough Teamsters we are?
Yeeesssss thats what you do!!!! Do you realize how much damage was done to unions in general because we decided to keep taking concession after concession???!! The next time management tells you to squat,guess what....you'll do it or we'll close the doors!! Better to lose twenty thousand jobs than to weaken the whole union process!! Get some of these great B A's on here to tell you the truth!!! Once they get you to bend over it never stops!! Oh I forgot the IBT won't say anything because as long as we have people like you,the company gets their way and the IBT get's their dues!!!

This company has far too many whining whimpering old fools who somehow think YRC owes them a job.
Just keep doing as your told sonny!!! If not they'll close the doors!! I can't help but think how many deceased teamsters are rolling over in their graves!!

What?? Are you running for president?? I guess the old saying is right ...it's 5oclock somewhere!!

Yeeesssss thats what you do!!!! Do you realize how much damage was done to unions in general because we decided to keep taking concession after concession???!! The next time management tells you to squat,guess what....you'll do it or we'll close the doors!! Better to lose twenty thousand jobs than to weaken the whole union process!! Get some of these great B A's on here to tell you the truth!!! Once they get you to bend over it never stops!! Oh I forgot the IBT won't say anything because as long as we have people like you,the company gets their way and the IBT get's their dues!!!

Ignorant attitudes like yours have done more damage to the union movement than anything else. When you try to organize the nons and they hear your nonsense - "Better to lose twenty thousand jobs than to weaken the whole union process" - is it any wonder why they want no part of joining the union? Pull your head out of your butt, union membership in the private sector has been on the decline for decades. It's 2012 not 1950. It's a different world today and you have to be smart enough to adjust to it.

Ignorant attitudes like yours have done more damage to the union movement than anything else. When you try to organize the nons and they hear your nonsense - "Better to lose twenty thousand jobs than to weaken the whole union process" - is it any wonder why they want no part of joining the union? Pull your head out of your butt, union membership in the private sector has been on the decline for decades. It's 2012 not 1950. It's a different world today and you have to be smart enough to adjust to it.
Do you live in A cave???!! If you work for A nonunion co what is the benifit to joining the union??? There is absolutly no difference between yrc and any nonunion co other than they make money and pay more!! Your right it is 2012 and the reason it's different is because of p-ssy's like you!!!! It's A different world??? What the h-ll does that mean? That your willing to work harder for less money because the almighty co tells you to and the union falls into line with them like sheep!!! They brainwash people like you into believing were in this huge recession all the while ABF continues to make money and pays full wages and pension. I'm just wondering buddy how much of A cut are you willing to take in order to preserve this big pay, bonus's and the like for guy's like Welch and his board of cronnies? I would love to own this pos just so I could come up to no sac guy's like you and tell you you'll work for 14 dollars an hour or I'll close the doors!! Guess what you'd still do it !! And you wonder why there's A declice in union membership!!

On the surface I liked your post. Then after reading it again your suggestions....Do whatever the boss tells ya....not all bad if the Boss is smart enough to know whats needed and if he really is worried about my Welfare....Work for free if the boss can't do what he's supposed to do,,,move frieght........Don't demand a pension....the Boss can have his but don't be greedy......The last one is just rhetoric and I'll not comment.

No wolf you are wrong. bend over and take it is what has already happened to you. You have to look around and see who is making money and who is loosing it. The non union lines are making money and are pay and benifits are very very close if not better in some cases. If the union wants to survive they have got to change with the times. The choice is all up to you, yes it would cost some jobs because you just don't need as many to move the freight. Yes the road drivers are going to have to learn to hook a set and break aset and put trailers to the dock. It's just the times we are in. I guess you can look at it this way. at the turn of the century there were all kind of buggy whip makers, but how many are left that didn't change.

Well, Slim and Joe, I worked for Yellow when Welch was in charge and life was good. So the stuff I smoke now isn't as expensive, but does the job. (I was gonna argue with them, but what's the point? Some people are just miserable no matter what.)

Well, Slim and Joe, I worked for Yellow when Welch was in charge and life was good. So the stuff I smoke now isn't as expensive, but does the job. (I was gonna argue with them, but what's the point? Some people are just miserable no matter what.)

Sorry but BZ dug welch a hole he can't get out of. It must have been a Kodak moment when welch first looked at the books and what was done to this company. Pun intended. But if you think that YRCW is going to ever post big profits, you are as crazy as Zollars was stupid. Unless you "yes" men vote in a $6 paycut. Hey $14 is better than $0 right?