Yellow | Zollars Replaced By Wicks as President of YRCW

I think BZ's contract is up on 12/31/2010. His contract was put in place in January, 2006.

Smid is still very important and plays an important role, but right now Wicks is both the financial mastermind and the driver. Nobody in OP is surprised by this move.

CO

Glad to see you are still around!!

I hope this is good move for YRC, but I never did like the way UnitedHealthCare did business. In my opinion UHC was only a prescription plan as There were only two doctors with 200 miles of our home that would accept UHC, and one of those was a gynecologist. Good luck guys and gals.
I don't think anybody has seen a knight in shining armor. I just see someone I feel as deserving get a swift kick. :nutkick: I want the man to suffer, he screwed up, how many companies? There a some who hide with the man behind the economy, I don't care!! I still have a wish list when it comes to Zollars. :Flame-On:

Correct me if I am wrong.
Doesn't the Chairman of the board get to nominate who the President of the company is?
My point is that three dollar Bill is still at the helm. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but this is peeing on my parade and someone is trying to tell me it is raining.

He is the chairman of the board, not just a director. He is still the man.. On October 29, 2009, the Board of Directors of YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW

Loading... Loading...

) adjusted Timothy A. Wicks’ title from Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the company to President and Chief Operating Officer of the company and adjusted William D. Zollars’ title from Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive of the company to Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of the company. Mr Wicks will be taking all bombs effective immediately

Turn Wicks around & see if $Bill's hand is up his backside....just his puppet to take all the hits. UHC sucks, and I hope this doesn't mean we'll get bigger bean counters along with Wicks, trying to run a trucking company like an insurance company.

I don't think anybody has seen a knight in shining armor. I just see someone I feel as deserving get a swift kick. :nutkick: I want the man to suffer, he screwed up, how many companies? There a some who hide with the man behind the economy, I don't care!! I still have a wish list when it comes to Zollars. :Flame-On:

I agree 100%...There's no excuse for the thousands of lives he destroyed with his incompetence.

Who is Wicks ?

I see where Wicks was run out of Gencorp when he was Chairman of Board there. for being part of the mismanagement of that Company. Look at Wick's Resume. Is this the guy you want to run a big sick semi-unioun trucking company? This guy is another Zollars joke. This Company,s top management and Board is made up of the most incompetent Business people I have ever seen. Don,'t ever forget that it only took a handful of stupid people to destroy this Company. Sad.

does Zollars still keep the same rate of pay? What is his new title? He's not gone. If his pay stays the same and Wicks (who's only been with the company a year!) pay goes up to CEO pay doesnt that seem like the company has just added another debt we cant afford? On another note Thanks 710 dock for Voting with your hearts and not your heads. You have sunk the flag ship and most of the crew.

My thinking is Zollars and Wicks are old buddies from the healthcare business. Wasn't that what Zollars was doing before YRCW? He probably told him how the banks were handing out cash like Halloween candy and he could make a killing.

My thinking is Zollars and Wicks are old buddies from the healthcare business. Wasn't that what Zollars was doing before YRCW? He probably told him how the banks were handing out cash like Halloween candy and he could make a killing.

Nope. BillZ was at Ryder Logistics and before that Kodak. I don't think he knew Wicks at all.

Yawn. CEO > President in chain of command, thus Wicks will be reporting to Zollars. Nothing has changed except a title. Move along folks nothing to see here.

This is a positive no matter how you look at it... Question is what does he know and how is that going to impact all of us in the long run.