SAIA | 09s

And why would you be scratching up a tractor? You make it sound like it's a given that you will be hitting stuff daily. You sound more like a liability than an asset to our company. With that attatude about your work, someone needs to be watching you. If they don't replace tractors, all we will have to drive is junk. Respect our equipment, we all use it - city and road drivers.:1036316054::1036316054:

Easy RoHo. ******* Jockey is just exercising a little sarcasm. However, he is right about the regeneration. If a city driver doesn't put many miles per day on a truck the regeneration process doesn't work as well. As for the older equipment, well "it is what it is".

Easy RoHo. ******* Jockey is just exercising a little sarcasm. However, he is right about the regeneration. If a city driver doesn't put many miles per day on a truck the regeneration process doesn't work as well. As for the older equipment, well "it is what it is".

It would suit me if they bought seperat units for city and road use. But combination use gives them the feeling they are saving money. It does lower capaital expendatur tho.

And why would you be scratching up a tractor? You make it sound like it's a given that you will be hitting stuff daily. You sound more like a liability than an asset to our company. With that attatude about your work, someone needs to be watching you. If they don't replace tractors, all we will have to drive is junk. Respect our equipment, we all use it - city and road drivers.:1036316054::1036316054:

It would suit me if they bought seperat units for city and road use. But combination use gives them the feeling they are saving money. It does lower capaital expendatur tho.

I suspect that is the reason that Saia has bought so many single axle tractors. I also believe that is the reason so many of the road tractors are scratched, bumpers dented and bent. City drivers have to go into too many places that aren't truck friendly. Low trees, narrow dock spaces, curbs,......"these are a few of my favorite things". :biglaugh:

I suspect that is the reason that Saia has bought so many single axle tractors. I also believe that is the reason so many of the road tractors are scratched, bumpers dented and bent. City drivers have to go into too many places that aren't truck friendly. Low trees, narrow dock spaces, curbs,......"these are a few of my favorite things". :biglaugh:

Truck friendly? What happened to skill?

Truck friendly? What happened to skill?

Skill??? What happened to trucker friendly!!?? I have gone to so many places when I back up a 48 or 53ft to the door the people look at me like I was nuts!! I have heard all to many times “uummm Saia knows only pups are suppose to deliver here”!! “You guys are the only ones who deliver with a 48 or 53 why can’t Saia get it right”?? I do love this one!! Ummmm Mr dispatcher I need a pup or box truck to make that delivery!! “well its already on your trailer just see what you can do!!” No wonder the trucks get beat to heck!! What I want to know has anyone totaled a 09 yet??

That's why city trucks are made. Small trucks don't need all the fuel saving attachments such as fairings and low slung bumpers that seem to get caught on things that stick out, up, or hang down.

I have seen the bottom of at least one 09 bumper torn in the usual place.

I have a 09 and it has the extra gadgets Dracula mentioned but I find that the side to side censor is not very accurate. If you are on asphalt and a area that has been overlayed several times the alarm will go off where lines used to be even though you are still in the middle of the road. Also their is a switch to the right of the tractor parking brake that has a green light on top and a orange light on bottom. When you turn your right blinker on and there is an object on the right the orange light comes on and also when you press the brakes it comes on. A DLS driver said he asked a shop forman about it and he said that we were not suppose to know it was there. It was supposed to have been covered up with one of those caps like the covers where no instrument switches are. Also I noticed it does not pull as good as the 08's. And if you go under a overpass it starts flashing COLLISION ALERT. It will record all info.

The best thing that stuff is good for is finding those overpasses and road signs that keep moving on us in the dark of night. VORAD.....pfffft. :duh:

I suspect that is the reason that Saia has bought so many single axle tractors. I also believe that is the reason so many of the road tractors are scratched, bumpers dented and bent. City drivers have to go into too many places that aren't truck friendly. Low trees, narrow dock spaces, curbs,......"these are a few of my favorite things". :biglaugh:[/QUOTE :Flame-On: yea try going into a few resteraunts, subdivisions,nursing homes,and doctor offices its a miricle we dont tear up moore than we do as far as the old trucks i will drive an old tandem until the wheels fall off before i drive one of those super chaged tricycles anytime. :duh:

ro ho just wandering are you city or linehaul either way it sounds like you are quite full of your self. :bowdown:for your info i am accident free and have been for the last twenty years i was just trying to make the point that if you do scratch one of those old trucks its not as big a deal as it is if you do it to a new one because as you know these people love to use that word[preventable accident] just chill out :flame:and take it easy dude:smilie_132:

I suspect that is the reason that Saia has bought so many single axle tractors. I also believe that is the reason so many of the road tractors are scratched, bumpers dented and bent. City drivers have to go into too many places that aren't truck friendly. Low trees, narrow dock spaces, curbs,......"these are a few of my favorite things". :biglaugh:[/QUOTE :Flame-On: yea try going into a few resteraunts, subdivisions,nursing homes,and doctor offices its a miricle we dont tear up moore than we do as far as the old trucks i will drive an old tandem until the wheels fall off before i drive one of those super chaged tricycles anytime. :duh:

I remember my time as a city driver, and that is why I don't flip if the guy I share my assigned tractor with leave a little mark in the paint. My '05 has various nicks and stratches...not the mention the lower lip was removed b/c it was in such bad shape.

Of course, when the tractors are being run day and night, maintenance goes all to pot because there is never enough equipment to go around so p&d begs for the trucks. The shop releases the truck and all those little things.......oh well, there are always road side repairs and vendor shops. Now, they just love to fix our junk.......er trucks. Run it until it breaks I say. Nothing so fine a sight as a tractor and trailer returning to the yard on a hook.

I saw one of the Internationals tonight in CLT. I'm pretty sure it's not a CLT truck though, b/c I never saw it at the shop. It's pretty sharp looking...this one is red though. I thought I remember someone posting they were white where they are. I do wonder what the reasoning for them switching makes is. I noticed UPSF and Wilson have also got a few of the new Prostars, where as the 3 of us use to only buy Volvos.

NSH has 10 they are preping as of yesterday. No one knew where they were headed. But they also had 5-10 in the yard they were using.

HAHAHA I don't carry my camera around, or I would. The one I saw was painted the same, had the same graphics, and had a chrome bumper. I could not tell if it had aluminum wheels or not though.

If I could figure out how to get it out of my cell phone, I've got three of 'em I took in NSH.

By the way, does anybody know how well they came equipped? I heard in passing that they had Cummings engines and not much else to recommend them. It was already third hand info when I heard it so, until some of them work their way west who knows?

If I could figure out how to get it out of my cell phone, I've got three of 'em I took in NSH.

By the way, does anybody know how well they came equipped? I heard in passing that they had Cummings engines and not much else to recommend them. It was already third hand info when I heard it so, until some of them work their way west who knows?

Dunno man, I haven't talked to anyone with one or seen the inside. I imagine they atleast have a cd player though....and hopefully an arm rest.
If you want to put cell pics on a computer, the easiest way is to send them to your email address from your phone. Just do like you are going to send a text/picture message, but instead of a phone number, put in your email address. I know this works on Verizon, but I cannot vouch for any others.

Im like you ******* ive been driving my 99tandem for 7years now in the city not the country we have cities in va, and they dont care if you bring it in a pup or a 48 just bring it. We all respect our tractors but at the end of the day they belong to saia and we go home, I dont share I have my own so maybe thats why I feel that way, but I just dont get a hard on over 08, 09 tractors.