FedEx Freight | 1 hour lunch

glenn

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone heard anything about some of the centers going to an hour lunch break? Our scm told us in a meeting that some of them would be doing this. I don't see how it is all we can do to get 30 min now I will have to get me a alarm clock and take a snooze I guess.

Anyone heard anything about some of the centers going to an hour lunch break? Our scm told us in a meeting that some of them would be doing this. I don't see how it is all we can do to get 30 min now I will have to get me a alarm clock and take a snooze I guess.

I don't see what the point would be. Work you longer? Less OT?

Don't know just thought I would see if anyone else had heard about this. I'm sure it would be to be to the company's benefit.

In Nevada we have the choice of lunch or no lunch. I think other states that don't have mandatory lunch laws also have this option. An hour lunch would really suck and make it impossible to get your work done.

When fedex took over watkins they tried 1 hr lunches. Didn't work, wasn't efficient, we complained and I don't think they liked seeing drivers sleeping at lunch especially in the yard.

When fedex took over watkins they tried 1 hr lunches. Didn't work, wasn't efficient, we complained and I don't think they liked seeing drivers sleeping at lunch especially in the yard.

They didn't try that at our terminal. I would have been a little ticked. 1/2 hour is bad enough, but an hour. I'd rather work 8 and go home. No lunch would work for me.

In Nevada we have the choice of lunch or no lunch. I think other states that don't have mandatory lunch laws also have this option. An hour lunch would really suck and make it impossible to get your work done.

I think you will be seeing some changes and you too will
be going to the mandatory 30 min lunch also.:popcorn:

I think you will be seeing some changes and you too will
be going to the mandatory 30 min lunch also.:popcorn:

I think there are going to be alot of changes, scary times. It ain't going to get any better anytime soon either. This will be felt for many years. Soup line, anyone.:sadwavey:

LUNCH. LTL TRUCKING. Unless you just run volume loads, these terms are generally mutually exclusive. It is REDICULOUS to have to try and take a lunch mid day during prime delivery hours. Its hard enough to make closures as it is . I probably get to actually take my 30 minute lunch 1-2 days per week. Most of the time I have to take it on a customers dock or holding the steering wheel :TR10driving03:
It would make no sense to force a 60 minute lunch...OK, Lets see there, Jim-Bob, we gotta save money for the company so lets make our drivers shut the truck down during the most productive time of their day for AN HOUR!!!!

I don't doubt it will happen, but it is ludicrous.

Quite foolish if you ask me also.
In what way could it possibility benefit p & d to do such a thing ?

I've heard the 1 hour lunch thing kicked around. They way I heard it, it was for drivers with an early start time that are empty before many pick ups are ready. Not the best of motivation to get empty early, eh?

Just more of a reason for them to do it!

Are we changing our M.O.????? How do they expect to keep the covetted #1 LTL Carrier spot doing these detrimental things to the operation??

And why is it always the CITY getting messed with??? Are there no ways to save $$$$ in other places?????

The city is not a Petri Dish. Don't just throw random crap in there and see if it grows!

Can you tell that I am aggitated???:chairshot:

I've heard the 1 hour lunch thing kicked around. They way I heard it, it was for drivers with an early start time that are empty before many pick ups are ready. Not the best of motivation to get empty early, eh?

OK, a one hour lunch option if we are slow...I can see that. I would probably even Like it. Maybe meet someone for a real lunch, but forcing it on everyone would not be smart; there are so many routes that can't even get 30 now.

i do not work for fedex. i do know ups package drivers get an hour lunch and the reason being those guys work long hours. so 40 min into there lunch they say screw it and start working again just to get home at a desent time. the co. just got 20 free minutes from that guy.