FedEx Freight | 1 hour lunch

Or better yet

How about a 4hr lunch? (unpaid of course). That way they can have you on the street and ready, but only have to pay you a half day if freight volume is down that day. But failure to call in every 30 min., on YOUR lunch, to check in will result in automatic termination. :nutkick: Anything to keep this floundering company afloat, heh. :1036316054:

Seems to me...

They can't pick and choose, day to day, weather it's gonna be 1 hour or 30min. If a you're scheduled to take 1 hour then you just might make plans for that hour and not be able to just alter those plans.

I can't believe fdx frt can be so stupid!! This lunch policy creates legal issues. If you're a mandatory 1 hr lunch as compared to 30 min. lunch. Then you've been denied 30 mins. of pay. I smell wage claims here! Unfair! If you're a 30 mins. lunch. And you want a 1hr lunch, you can make a case for getting a 1 hr lunch. THIS COMPANY IS OUT TO LUNCH!!!!!!

I don't see anything wrong with a 1 hr lunch .... legal issues ? .... are our brouthers from out west LAWSUIT HAPPY? .... unless you brownbag it you use time driving to a fastfood place .... or whatever before you start your 30 min time anyway .... you say no ...I ain't buying ....

I don't see anything wrong with a 1 hr lunch .... legal issues ? .... are our brouthers from out west LAWSUIT HAPPY? .... unless you brownbag it you use time driving to a fastfood place .... or whatever before you start your 30 min time anyway .... you say no ...I ain't buying ....

Who said anything about lawsuits ? There are legal issues concerning lunches. We don't have to take a lunch here in Nevada and very few of us are. I don't take a lunch so it is not necessary for me to steel time driving to the local junk food joint, going in getting my food , come out then start lunch. FedEx could save a lot of money with no lunches but they legally cannot do that in most states.

OK

So I was reading lawsuits into the word ..legal issues ... and I saw legal issues a couple of times (different post) ... and different threads

I'll take that part back ....

if they tell you to take 1hour lunch do so don;t callem back for the hour they say 1/2hour so be it woulldn;t like it but it won;t last they cut to the bone they will get in a spot and when they can;t cover a pu because you are on your 1hour lunch who will get blasted from scm you or dispatcher whom told you yo take itt////???

Lawsuits? Legal issues? WTF!!! Just take the friggin hour lunch. Man must eat! You take the hour lunch, your out of commission, period. No phones, no hand-helds..nothing! Then when your done with your hour you tune back in. If there's problems "They" will have to deal with it. :chairshot:

Take your lunch. Half hour or hour it doesn't matter. Eat, read, shop, or my favorite, take a nap. You might even get an extra (paid) hour at the end because you 're now available when the shippers call for pickups.

In my state variable lunch length is illegal for obvious reasons. If they do that here, YES, I will file a wage claim with the state!

Take your lunch. Half hour or hour it doesn't matter. Eat, read, shop, or my favorite, take a nap. You might even get an extra (paid) hour at the end because you 're now available when the shippers call for pickups.

I here ya Four... And that's fine and dandy if you don't mind being away from the house 30 MORE minutes and not getting paid for it. And YES there is a chance that by giving up 30 min. you just might pick up 1 hour more (Maybe) but that sounds like the opposite of overtime... sounds more like 3/4 time to me.

It's really more of a way to keep the intensity level higher all day. Hurry up and get them before noon deliveries off take a hour (or two?) lunch and then you'll have to hurry up to try and get the freight picked up during a smaller window of time. GREAT for the number crunchers... Sucks for the customer though waiting for fedex :chairshot:

I here ya Four... And that's fine and dandy if you don't mind being away from the house 30 MORE minutes and not getting paid for it. And YES there is a chance that by giving up 30 min. you just might pick up 1 hour more (Maybe) but that sounds like the opposite of overtime... sounds more like 3/4 time to me.

It's really more of a way to keep the intensity level higher all day. Hurry up and get them before noon deliveries off take a hour (or two?) lunch and then you'll have to hurry up to try and get the freight picked up during a smaller window of time. GREAT for the number crunchers... Sucks for the customer though waiting for fedex :chairshot:

Yep,
can't argue with any of it. Well said. Some guys have been grousing about the lackof hours though.

In my state 30 minute lunch mandatory, get half point penalty if u take less than 30 minutes and also if you take more than 33 minutes!The Company is getting more ways of writing up people!!!:cuss:

By now I would think all the old hands would have a set pace that we work at ..... and it does not matter what comes our way .... we still keep the same steady pace ..... our pace ... when the day is over we know we have done a good job .... and hang it up and go to the house .... :1036316054: