FedEx Freight | 1 hour lunch

Not me

i do not work for fedex. i do know ups package drivers get an hour lunch and the reason being those guys work long hours. so 40 min into there lunch they say screw it and start working again just to get home at a desent time. the co. just got 20 free minutes from that guy.

I'm not the captin of this ship, I just do as I'm told. The mandatory luch B4 your 5th hour is hard enough to manage somedays. If they make a 1 hr lunch mandatory, and before a certain time frame, they might as well tell some customers they either don't want their freight or they need to change their hours of operations to benefit FXF. I work as hard as anybody, but I'm not giving them anything.(20 min free) They've already taken, so I see no need to give.

I'm not the captin of this ship, I just do as I'm told. The mandatory luch B4 your 5th hour is hard enough to manage somedays. If they make a 1 hr lunch mandatory, and before a certain time frame, they might as well tell some customers they either don't want their freight or they need to change their hours of operations to benefit FXF. I work as hard as anybody, but I'm not giving them anything.(20 min free) They've already taken, so I see no need to give.

They know there is no way you can do that and make all your p&d, so you'll be forced to drive thru your lunch. Essentially it is just a deceitful, under-handed, crooked way of taking money out of your pocket!!!! And the worst part about it is that they think we don't know what they are doing. What a ....:nutkick:

They know there is no way you can do that and make all your p&d, so you'll be forced to drive thru your lunch. Essentially it is just a deceitful, under-handed, crooked way of taking money out of your pocket!!!! And the worst part about it is that they think we don't know what they are doing. What a ....:nutkick:

If it can't be done...it can't be done. I'd rather not get it done than get in an accident while my IMEC shows lunch staus. You'd get fired for using the company vehicle for personal use. Even though you were "giving time" they will "take your job".

If it can't be done...it can't be done. I'd rather not get it done than get in an accident while my IMEC shows lunch staus. You'd get fired for using the company vehicle for personal use. Even though you were "giving time" they will "take your job".

I want to say you are right on this .
When my IMEC says lunch that truck is not moving , period.

I always took my lunch and breaks as a p&d driver. It can be done. It's dispatch's resposibility to plan for them. They are not your stops they are Fedex's. If everyone takes them then an accurate picture of the manpower needed is available for planning. By the way, skip a 30 minute break everyday for a year and you just gave up two weeks pay.

The city has had a 30 min. lunch since I was in the city back in '91 but now the line in the west has had a 30 min. lunch imposed on us as well.
We have to enter it in the kiosk at to end of the day and it has to be between the 3.5 and 5 hour of your trip. and if your a shuttle driver they can make you take it at the hub. At least thats what their telling me these days.

I never have understood how they could legally tell someone where to take a lunch when DOT doesnt require it.???

I think you will be seeing some changes and you too will
be going to the mandatory 30 min lunch also.:popcorn:

Until very recently we also had a mandatory 1/2 hr lunch prior to 5 hours. Drivers were being written up for being 1 minute pass the 5 hour mark. Then all of a sudden the lawyers decided to follow state law and I don't see that law being changed anytime soon.
By state law lunch is optional and cannot be forced.

Yea, the state in in doesn't even require you to take lunch.

But if they say do it we better ask how high, right?

Just a waste of my time, and slows down the freight. Why don't they just have those of us that don't want a lunch to sign a waiver and let us go, and the rest can stop and eat if they want to?

I never have understood how they could legally tell someone where to take a lunch when DOT doesnt require it.???

There are some legal questions that would be nice to have answered. When you take your lunch you are no longer on the clock. You are on your time. If you are at the service center you can get in your car and do what you want if you have time. But, if you are on the road you have the responsibility of the freight and equipment. We are limited as to where we can park or stop for lunch. When you have placards there are more problems. So I’m just wondering how they can force you off the clock when you are actually still on the clock legally, as long as you have possession of the freight and equipment.

LUNCH. LTL TRUCKING. Unless you just run volume loads, these terms are generally mutually exclusive. It is REDICULOUS to have to try and take a lunch mid day during prime delivery hours. Its hard enough to make closures as it is .

same on the dock. Doors have to come down at a certain time, if we only have 4 guys out there or all 10. That mandatory lunch at a certain time by the state sucks ***. We lost out on 30mins of pay plus it makes it harder to get **** out.

There was a form provided early in the hire process that stated that we are NOT resposible for the equip. during your lunch break, provided that you're legaly parked and vehicle is secure etc.

In east/city we've been told that they WANT it taken by the 6th hour, but I've never heard anyone written up for not doing so. Also dispatch has it on the screen so they know if you've taken it or not, but they continure to dispatch like they don't care if you've taken it.

Since 30 min is deducted from your hours each day, it would be foolish to not take it, even if you just sit and read a newspaper/magazine. We have a lot of guys take lunch on the way in...Yeah it holds up the freight but that's the way they dispatch.

I used to be more flexible on when I took lunch. But when they moved back start times, I started taking it at a reasonable time around the 4th or 5th hour. Since we seem to have time to spare and come in late, we must have time to take a break too.

Hmmmmm

There was a form provided early in the hire process that stated that we are NOT resposible for the equip. during your lunch break, provided that you're legaly parked and vehicle is secure etc.

In east/city we've been told that they WANT it taken by the 6th hour, but I've never heard anyone written up for not doing so. Also dispatch has it on the screen so they know if you've taken it or not, but they continure to dispatch like they don't care if you've taken it.

Since 30 min is deducted from your hours each day, it would be foolish to not take it, even if you just sit and read a newspaper/magazine. We have a lot of guys take lunch on the way in...Yeah it holds up the freight but that's the way they dispatch.

I used to be more flexible on when I took lunch. But when they moved back start times, I started taking it at a reasonable time around the 4th or 5th hour. Since we seem to have time to spare and come in late, we must have time to take a break too.

Very well written, have we met....maybe in another life.:hysterical::hysterical:

I would like to see this thread deleted as to not give them any more Bright Ideas :chairshot:

I hate to quote myself... BUT, since no-one deleted this thread... The one hour lunch in now going to be TESTED at a center near you!

Suposedly they're starting with early drivers... Start times of 9:00am and earlier will have to take a mandatory 1 hour lunch. :puke:

Also mentioned was how good it will be for the company since when freight is heavy we can be "Flexible" and only have a 30 min. lunch...:kicking:

The entire region is said to be re-bidding due to this wonderfull change. Wonder who we should thank for this great news? :eck13:

Well....

I hate to quote myself... BUT, since no-one deleted this thread... The one hour lunch in now going to be TESTED at a center near you!

Suposedly they're starting with early drivers... Start times of 9:00am and earlier will have to take a mandatory 1 hour lunch. :puke:

Also mentioned was how good it will be for the company since when freight is heavy we can be "Flexible" and only have a 30 min. lunch...:kicking:

The entire region is said to be re-bidding due to this wonderfull change. Wonder who we should thank for this great news? :eck13:

Fred Clause....maybe???:butt kiss:

Ditto

It used to be mandatory between you 4th & 6th hr here, but they changed it to MANDATORY BEFORE your 5th hour. This change happened some months back for us. When it gets slow they scruntinize everthing a little more.

tm told us to day in mob if you clock in before 9am you had to take hour .if things were slow that he could have u take an hour it was up to him

tm told us to day in mob if you clock in before 9am you had to take hour .if things were slow that he could have u take an hour it was up to him
Guess plans better not change in that one hour... and I'm away from the truck and they have no way to contact me..:1036316054: