FedEx Freight | 1 minute idle shutdown - it's here!

/from lyion,i agree its verry unsafe and against the law to have a vehicle that has that set up .if you go to the scale house and get on the scales and that truck cut off there going to call you around back for sure .dot is going to have a Field day with whom ever drives that truck.pull in to a scale house and show a dot agent he will shut that truck down in a heart beat just ask them at any weigh station if its legal they will shut you down till a mechanic fixes it. the federal and state laws require that at all times the driver must maintain control of the vehicle when driving .your not in control like that . id call federal safety people and tell them what the company has done .they see that there fine the company big time .your asking for a wreck and possible get some one killed with that set up . and you will be held response able partly .you are required to write it up on your logs and not drive it till its fixed ,every one should no that if you drive a 18 wheeler .

Well if there are all these laws how can FXF do this if it's illegal ?

When will we start hearing that there are citations being given out ?

shut that truck down in a heart beat just ask them at any weigh station if its legal they will shut you down till a mechanic fixes it

Might want to be careful there as I don't think a mechanic can "fix" it without plugging it into a computer. It's a software "upgrade".

I'm selling bricks to drivers to keep their trucks running. $29.95. Order yours today!

how soon until they turn the trucks down to 55?

Way to go JJ.. give them another idea! :chairshot:

They will never do that. That would slow down the freight. The speed limit in my state is 55 MPH for trucks, yet ours still run 67 MPH!

This is another example of how speed of freight trumps safety. They willl look the other way when it comes to speeding trucks, because that helps the bottom line. They always pick and choose the rules to benefit themselves.