Yellow | %10 giveback poll

I voted "NO" just like I did on this garbage contract, with it's out-sourcing of OUR work, and now they want more... hmm imagine that.

Just remember before you cast your ballot, to find your wife's purse and get your NUTS out of there, and start using them again. Don't be held in FEAR! It's alright to be scared and afraid, but don't be a pushover(read alternative word for cat)!

Make a stand and honor our forefathers. What are we men or mice. Is driving a truck the only thing you can do? The sky is not falling.

So does voting Yes means NOT taking a stand (considering the "Bullies" on here are branding a yes vote as such?)

I voted Yes. I believe I AM taking a stand. For our Jobs, our Pension, and our Reitirees.

I voted "NO" just like I did on this garbage contract, with it's out-sourcing of OUR work, and now they want more... hmm imagine that.

Just remember before you cast your ballot, to find your wife's purse and get your NUTS out of there, and start using them again. Don't be held in FEAR! It's alright to be scared and afraid, but don't be a pushover(read alternative word for cat)!

Make a stand and honor our forefathers. What are we men or mice. Is driving a truck the only thing you can do? The sky is not falling.

For someone who goes by the handle "prounion", you need to get your facts straight. With the bank (JP Morgan/Chase) being the major lien holder for YRCW, and looking to secure their money, have demanded a plan from YRCW that will show that we can cover our leveraged debt over the long term (remainder of the contract). Without this plan, the bank will call in the notes, which, even after collatoralizing all of the assets, YRCW would still fall way short. Therefore, a yes vote from the rank & file is the only way of securing long term financing for the company. Even with the yes vote, we need to start MAKING money and not just saving or cost cutting. There is no guarantee this will work, but it's a better alternative than just giving up. On the other hand. A no vote will ensure our closure as early as mid January. It will also mean the virtual loss of Teamster presence in the LTL field, which will also speed up the race to the bottom. By this, I mean, that without the union presence in the LTL field, nonunion companies will no longer have the "shadow" of the union to encourage them to keep the standards that they have put in place. Without this "competition" to meet our pay scale, health, and retirement, you could easily see the nonunion sector, cut pay in half, make health care completely an out of pocket expense, no match to 401k's, freeze any and all pensions or do away with them completely, cut sick, personal and vacation days, or anything else they want to do to cut the standards that the union has fought for, simply because they will be able to do so.

Those of us that are retired or about to retire in a few years will see everything disappear. Doubt highly if there will be many nonunion jobs putting us on, they have been hit just like we have with this slow economy, even if not as hard. Let's see, maybe we can take a job in another field of work? Wait a sec, aren't there something like 2 million people unemployed now? Where the H E L L are you going to find a job in this economy? You can have all the skills in the world, if no one is hiring and the economy is tanking, you won't find a job that will provide what this one does.
90% of my pay is better than 0%.....do the math.

In 1974, Yellow was just a speck on the wall and just coming out of bankruptcy. They have grown in leaps and bounds since then. Many companies have disappeared during good economies. This economy now, just outright sucks. So if Yellow did it once, maybe they can do it again.

So by voting yes, I am making a stand. I am not, in your words, a p u s s y. I am not afraid (for myself) as I am able to do many more things than just drive a truck. I am afraid for those not as fortunate as myself. I am afraid for my country going backwards instead of forwards. I am afraid of what will happen to those that are retired or too old to start over, and what will happen to them. If I am Pro union, (as you claim to be), I am afraid to give up the fight and quit, and let everything they had worked for disappear. Quitters never win, and winners never quit. I am a winner, and I am fighting for my survival, your survival, the survival of the retirees, the survival of the company, and even the survival of nonunion employees in LTL. And it doesn't stop there. If our situation is an indicator, other industries may follow the same path. It could possibly be a complete collapse of our economy, and way of life in general. So call me anything you want. I am big enough to take it, and I'm set in my position. That position is a yes vote, and a commitment on my part to make sure this company and it's employees pull through the mess we are in today. I would hope the rest of the YRCW employees do the same.

animo we have not always seen eye to eye on thing but i have your back on this 1 100 % . we need to do this or else just pack it in . as i see it we dont have a lot of choices on this 1 a yes gives us a shot a no puts you on the soup line.
by the way i dont like it any more than any1 else but i do know where i get the butter for my bread from

A Yes Vote

For someone who goes by the handle "prounion", you need to get your facts straight. With the bank (JP Morgan/Chase) being the major lien holder for YRCW, and looking to secure their money, have demanded a plan from YRCW that will show that we can cover our leveraged debt over the long term (remainder of the contract). Without this plan, the bank will call in the notes, which, even after collatoralizing all of the assets, YRCW would still fall way short. Therefore, a yes vote from the rank & file is the only way of securing long term financing for the company. Even with the yes vote, we need to start MAKING money and not just saving or cost cutting. There is no guarantee this will work, but it's a better alternative than just giving up. On the other hand. A no vote will ensure our closure as early as mid January. It will also mean the virtual loss of Teamster presence in the LTL field, which will also speed up the race to the bottom. By this, I mean, that without the union presence in the LTL field, nonunion companies will no longer have the "shadow" of the union to encourage them to keep the standards that they have put in place. Without this "competition" to meet our pay scale, health, and retirement, you could easily see the nonunion sector, cut pay in half, make health care completely an out of pocket expense, no match to 401k's, freeze any and all pensions or do away with them completely, cut sick, personal and vacation days, or anything else they want to do to cut the standards that the union has fought for, simply because they will be able to do so.

Those of us that are retired or about to retire in a few years will see everything disappear. Doubt highly if there will be many nonunion jobs putting us on, they have been hit just like we have with this slow economy, even if not as hard. Let's see, maybe we can take a job in another field of work? Wait a sec, aren't there something like 2 million people unemployed now? Where the H E L L are you going to find a job in this economy? You can have all the skills in the world, if no one is hiring and the economy is tanking, you won't find a job that will provide what this one does.
90% of my pay is better than 0%.....do the math.

In 1974, Yellow was just a speck on the wall and just coming out of bankruptcy. They have grown in leaps and bounds since then. Many companies have disappeared during good economies. This economy now, just outright sucks. So if Yellow did it once, maybe they can do it again.

So by voting yes, I am making a stand. I am not, in your words, a p u s s y. I am not afraid (for myself) as I am able to do many more things than just drive a truck. I am afraid for those not as fortunate as myself. I am afraid for my country going backwards instead of forwards. I am afraid of what will happen to those that are retired or too old to start over, and what will happen to them. If I am Pro union, (as you claim to be), I am afraid to give up the fight and quit, and let everything they had worked for disappear. Quitters never win, and winners never quit. I am a winner, and I am fighting for my survival, your survival, the survival of the retirees, the survival of the company, and even the survival of nonunion employees in LTL. And it doesn't stop there. If our situation is an indicator, other industries may follow the same path. It could possibly be a complete collapse of our economy, and way of life in general. So call me anything you want. I am big enough to take it, and I'm set in my position. That position is a yes vote, and a commitment on my part to make sure this company and it's employees pull through the mess we are in today. I would hope the rest of the YRCW employees do the same.

Well Said Animo!!!! I also agree I would rather be making $2.33 an hour less and have my benifits remain the same. If everyone was to consider this, it will be easier to make ends meet on these wages than on unemployment without Health and Wealfare benifits--at least this is how I'm looking at it.....

PROUNION, that garbage contract that you voted NO on is the best contract your ever going to see as a Teamster truckdriver.The NMFA is gone as we know it,ever stop to think why there is only 2 companies left in it.Maybe you should take your own advice and go do something else because the good old days are gone. It has nothing to do with finding your nuts but rather the reality of todays competition.

My husband likes his nuts in my purse...that way I can fondle them while I am shopping. It really is a win-win for both of us...

:stirthepot:I will be voting YES,beside's i only have 1 nut left,i sold the other 1 when RED STAR closed.
I had to sell it to eat when i was unemployed for 3 month's.:nutkick:
I feel if YRC close's it will be much longer than 3 month's to find a job then i will have to sell my other nut and then i will be nutless.:hysterical:

Prounion why did you have to involve my nut's in this discussion anyway now i am embarassed.:stirthepot:

where's my NUTS!!

I was looking around for my nuts in the wife's purse, but they've been in there so long I cant find them.She must of put them in a new spot. Wait I know where they are. She's been a wearing them. Can I take off my thong now?

Thats it... that's the best you got! Hearsay and rumors. All I hear is people afraid. YRCW has you cornered, now are you going to come out swingin' or you just going to stand there 'til they knock you out.

Three concessions are only the beginning, they will want more, and unless we take a stand they will get more, until there is nothing left to take from us. While your voting YES, ask 'em if there is anything else you can do for them.

YRCW has over 5 billion in collateral, more than enough to satisfy all debts - mind you I said debts and not liabilities, two different issues. YRCW is in good standings pertaining to their loan agreements, their obligations have been fulfilled and met.

The question beg's to be asked. Why would YRC run themselves into the ground and close the doors? The Answer; They won't. If Morgan/Chase were to try and collect money owed, what would stop YRC from having one of their judges slap an injunction, pending further investigation of the default. There is no default.

YRCW, like most companies, are afforded certain rights in the Federal Bankruptcy Courts. Oh, but wait, then they would have to bring everyone into the mix, the whole umbrella, if you will.

BTW, YRCW is still making payments in china, or should I say trying to figure out how to make a payment.

It's not hard to do the right thing. It's hard to know what the right thing is to do. But, once you know, once you know what the right thing is to do... It's hard not to do it.

Sincerely, I hope and wish the best for EVERYONE, but I think the YES vote is a mistake.

Thats it... that's the best you got! Hearsay and rumors. All I hear is people afraid. YRCW has you cornered, now are you going to come out swingin' or you just going to stand there 'til they knock you out.

Three concessions are only the beginning, they will want more, and unless we take a stand they will get more, until there is nothing left to take from us. While your voting YES, ask 'em if there is anything else you can do for them.

YRCW has over 5 billion in collateral, more than enough to satisfy all debts - mind you I said debts and not liabilities, two different issues. YRCW is in good standings pertaining to their loan agreements, their obligations have been fulfilled and met.

The question beg's to be asked. Why would YRC run themselves into the ground and close the doors? The Answer; They won't. If Morgan/Chase were to try and collect money owed, what would stop YRC from having one of their judges slap an injunction, pending further investigation of the default. There is no default.

YRCW, like most companies, are afforded certain rights in the Federal Bankruptcy Courts. Oh, but wait, then they would have to bring everyone into the mix, the whole umbrella, if you will.

BTW, YRCW is still making payments in china, or should I say trying to figure out how to make a payment.

It's not hard to do the right thing. It's hard to know what the right thing is to do. But, once you know, once you know what the right thing is to do... It's hard not to do it.

Sincerely, I hope and wish the best for EVERYONE, but I think the YES vote is a mistake.
You say people are afraid by hearsay and rumors, but yet you want them to believe you???? IRONY....hmmm

All the info, is out there... education is the key and ignorance is bliss. I doesn't matter what I think or you or anyone, the deteriation has begun and it's like caner. Give 'em this and they will surely want more, to what end is the real question. The YES vote may buy us a few months, but it will cost us years. Are you willing to trade on fear and greed?

where does it end

All the info, is out there... education is the key and ignorance is bliss. I doesn't matter what I think or you or anyone, the deteriation has begun and it's like caner. Give 'em this and they will surely want more, to what end is the real question. The YES vote may buy us a few months, but it will cost us years. Are you willing to trade on fear and greed?
the end will be when we become robots:bowdown:

Did you attend the meeting at your hall?

The mentallity on this board never stops amazing me prounion and the rest of the companies always wrong all mgmt sucks team is why we all get lumped into DUMB TRUCK DRIVER

Some of you people make me SICK. Grow the hell up and stop being babies. take a look around you and appreciate what you have. There are MANY people who work A LOT harder for A LOT less.....