XPO | 1001 ways to get fired.

As long as you show up to work when you are susposed to, don't hit anything with your equipment, and do a half ways decent job you have nothing to worry about. 99% of the drivers I have known that got fired were for attendance or accidents. A couple got the axe for drug use so don't do that either and you have nothing to worry about.

From my personal experience......DREAM ON!

When i was hired in i was told there are a 1001 ways to get fired from this company. I believe the list is growing.

It's the same way at FXF Sir.

Bull ::shit:: !!!...

I have worked for both Con-Way and FedEx.

At Con-Way every driver walks about with a target on their back. It is a form of control that went out with Henry Ford...a 50's management mentality that Con-Way desperately holds on to due to their lack of leadership and motivation.

The corporate front line at Con-Way absolutely refuses to move into any new era of employee interaction.

This is due in large part to fear. Empowered employees are folks who demand and expect answers to pertinent issues and questions. Con-Way management will have no part of it.

Empowered employees become part and parcel to all phases of the operation. They are respected..they are encompassed and integrated into the entire genre of the culture.

Con-Way does not and will never accept any level of this kind of employee involvement. The reason for this is simple...it requires accountability.

Con-Way's (by their own admission and corporate statement) first priority is the the shareholders. Everyone else is fodder to be discarded on any whim on any given day. The entire culture is decrepit...based on long outdated philosophies.

And I get it...

I realize their are lots of folks who remember AF...and the other concerns that were swallowed by FedEx. They remember things as they were...and I can respect that.

On the other hand...comparing the two companies...people at FedEx have no idea how good they have it...

You could be working for Con-Way...God forbid!

Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
I have worked for both Con-Way and FedEx.

On the other hand...comparing the two companies...people at FedEx have no idea how good they have it...

You could be working for Con-Way...God forbid!

Rat

Thats great that you work for FedEx now and thats great that things are good for you over there. For those of us WHO STILL WORK FOR CONWAY, we don't have it nearly as bad as the over 3 million drivers there are in this country and WE DEFINITELY DON"T HAVE IT AS BAD AS YOU WOULD MAKE PEOPLE THINK. I am not happy about ALOT of things at Conway but I won't be jumping ship until I get forced to walk the plank. I drive around Monday thru Friday, bump some docks, deliver some freight, pick some freight up, and go home. I get paid OK, health insurance for the family, and the world continues to spin around and around. Would I like to get paid more? YES. Would I like to pay less for my health insurance? YES. Do I feel like I am walking around with a target on my back and that the BIG BAD GENERAL OFFICE is out to get me? NO.

Dude, seriously, you want some cheese to go with your WHINE. Get over it already.

thats great that you work for fedex now and thats great that things are good for you over there. For those of us who still work for conway, we don't have it nearly as bad as the over 3 million drivers there are in this country and we definitely don"t have it as bad as you would make people think. I am not happy about alot of things at conway but i won't be jumping ship until i get forced to walk the plank. I drive around monday thru friday, bump some docks, deliver some freight, pick some freight up, and go home. I get paid ok, health insurance for the family, and the world continues to spin around and around. Would i like to get paid more? Yes. Would i like to pay less for my health insurance? Yes. Do i feel like i am walking around with a target on my back and that the big bad general office is out to get me? No.

Dude, seriously, you want some cheese to go with your whine. Get over it already.
give me blue
kool-aid or give me death.lol

give me blue
kool-aid or give me death.lol

ir5d3p.png

getting caught sleeping with a coworker in the parking lot also gets someone fired. you know who you are

Its not hard to work for Conway, I worked Union for over 33 years and there isnt that much difference, just less B/S,having said that, come in do your job and you dont have many problems.

Ask the YRC guys about there contract, we are doing great , be glad you have a good job and dont have to listen to all the gloom and doom every day!