XPO | 11-5-15 conference call

highspeeds

ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
Credits
http://investors.xpologistics.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=204615&p=irol-EventDetails&EventId=5204830

Talks about over lapping LTL and last-mile. Says increased residentials with more business from Amazon. If you aren't profitable, we aren't keeping you.... runs, locations or customers. Says the economy service will take one to two years to roll out. Said compensation was part of that equation. He said a lot. The audio on this thing was well over an hour.
Increasing residentials will not lead to increased profits unless they charge way too much for it.

Increasing residentials will not lead to increased profits unless they charge way too much for it.
Just like a lawyer , XPO Logistics will probably go after the money. Charge the shipper not the receiver. Amazon ships Amazon pays . Deeper pockets than Joe Schmoe residential.

Only problem is Amazon is already testing their own home delivery system. They will be self dependent before long....

From what I'm reading, sounds like XPO does....
XPO owns a company called Atlantic Logistics( bought them 2 years ago). Their biggest thing is NON-CDL owner op straight trucks that leave the Amazon Fulfillment centers at 2/3am and go to every post office in large cities and drop amazon packages for USPS to del same day.

We already do residentials. Problem is not having the right equipment (straight trucks, platform carts) to due the job. Or trying to get a phone number (if you call to make an appointment put the phone number on the bill). And dont give me a hard time when I say WE SHOULDNT BE GOING THERE WITH A 48' LIFTGATE AND A ROAD UNIT

Says increased residentials with more business from Amazon. If you aren't profitable, we aren't keeping you.... runs,
This one here is self contradicting. Do you guys do any Amazon.com deliveries yet? And don't worry, I doubt that Amazon will be self delivering those 35K generators, #300 tread mills or snowblowers anytime soon so you'll have plenty of time before you have to worry about getting cut off.

We already do residentials. Problem is not having the right equipment (straight trucks, platform carts) to due the job. Or trying to get a phone number (if you call to make an appointment put the phone number on the bill). And dont give me a hard time when I say WE SHOULDNT BE GOING THERE WITH A 48' LIFTGATE AND A ROAD UNIT
AH! come on man, that makes the customer feel important when he see's you roll up in a 53, 13.6, waving with your white leather gloves from a twin screw conventional. :1036316054::biglaugh:to drop off a 3 lb package.

This one here is self contradicting. Do you guys do any Amazon.com deliveries yet? And don't worry, I doubt that Amazon will be self delivering those 35K generators, #300 tread mills or snowblowers anytime soon so you'll have plenty of time before you have to worry about getting cut off.
They're gonna have to get drones that look like Chinook helicopters for that big stuff if they plan on doing it themselves.

They're gonna have to get drones that look like Chinook helicopters for that big stuff if they plan on doing it themselves.
All jokes aside last week during FAC I loaded two pallets with red shrink wrap that had amazon boxes and had a paper on the outside that said xpo so maybe we will deliver amazon

So1OfMX.jpg

XPO/Conway making home deliveries !!!!!

i think you may see a division of mini vans around these terminals doing what they do he will just use the freight haulers to get those packages across the country fast and then handed over to the little van div.

I have heard the same about the white glove and big box division.
It would go by LTL to the nearest service center; then last mile would notify city dispatch what item they needed on which
route; dsr would carry box or white glove item and meet with last mile contractor and pass it off or meet at residential to assist with carry in and set up if required. City dispatch would have no choice but to comply or look for new work, it is all about working as one team. Team XPO

Looking for the smallest little crack to get to the big money : small parcels. You can't take them on directly so you get your toe in the door with Amazon , is that what we're doing Brad Jacobs?