Yellow | 15% back...Is it really asking to much?

They will not raise the wage any more than the scheduled annual raises. I do think they will have to forgo all or part of the wage progression.
I've heard that Yrc already asked the teamsters if they could raise starting wages and got turned down, not going to reward new hires and not the guys that have sacrificed for many years. Yrc is not exempt from the rules of the market just because they have a contract with us. At some point if they become uncompetitive the market will dictate a change.

Let me check with Jamie today , we are doing lunch & golf , he will know !!!
OK , after talking to Jamie over lunch (he bought with company credit card ) , he said as long as upper management keeps getting Bonuses and given shares stocks to cash in , then -15% is the correct amount , BUT if the don't have enough money for bonuses , then they will need to bump it up to -20% give back or for sure with the next MOU , so its all good for now he said !!!!!!!

I've heard that Yrc already asked the teamsters if they could raise starting wages and got turned down, not going to reward new hires and not the guys that have sacrificed for many years. Yrc is not exempt from the rules of the market just because they have a contract with us. At some point if they become uncompetitive the market will dictate a change.

:lmao::lmao:

OK , after talking to Jamie over lunch (he bought with company credit card ) , he said as long as upper management keeps getting Bonuses and given shares stocks to cash in , then -15% is the correct amount , BUT if the don't have enough money for bonuses , then they will need to bump it up to -20% give back or for sure with the next MOU , so its all good for now he said !!!!!!!

Now the important Q. What did you have for Lunch ? Isn't Kansas known for BBQ ? Did you play 18 or 9 holes, did you let him win ?
C'mon, come clean, spill it.

We are getting paid 100% of our last contract.Its our Union that is receiving the money.What the Union does with it after they have it deducted from our pay every week.Is anyone's guess.It used to be listed as Equity Benefits Wages UNION in our deduction list on our checks but no more.By law the monies listed in the deduction part of your check is supposed to go to what it is titled.Equity describes it as a future financial asset in the future for the deductee.Where it really goes is anyone's guess So in the minds of Welch and Pierson we are getting paid at 100%.They don't care where it goes in the union

bigtruk_us, I'm not moppin what your spillin.

Last edited:
I've heard that Yrc already asked the teamsters if they could raise starting wages and got turned down, not going to reward new hires and not the guys that have sacrificed for many years.
I don't get it, ABF is doing that with the casual rate and I don't think they even asked the IBT. :shrug:

I also heard after you and "the stove" finished golfing, he took you into the Hallmark gift shop and bought you a ceramic yellow piggy bank????

Prob depends on the Local. I can't imagine my area saying no, don't pay more...
It was a national thing and the reasons they said no were A. Not reward people who haven't worked a day for Yrc, haven't sacrificed pay and benefits let alone drove brigaders without power steering or ac for years and B. Not make it easier for Yrc to hire drivers without raising pay for everyone. Kinda goes back to the market forces I was talking about. Make it easier for Yrc to bring drivers in at lower rates, they have no reason to raise the higher rates.

Last I heard the contract rate was the minimum pay rate not the maximum, if the company chose to pay more they could.
Absolutely, the collective bargaining agreement sets minimum standards. In the past I worked for highway construction contractors in Colorado who paid over contract to all unionized employees. Laborers, Carpenters, Operating Engineers, Teamsters and Cement Masons. This enabled them to attract and retain better employees. The big difference was there was no seniority protection. If you showed up on time and WORKED they kept you, if you didn't you were soon laid off! Also all these crafts were "hiring hall" locals. They referred members when contractors called for workers on a job.
It has also been mentioned that many who remain at the YRCW companies do so because they are otherwise unemployable. While there may be a few, who fall into that category, there aren't many. Many, many more would be welcomed ANYWHERE they choose. That is because they have demonstrated their excellent work ethics by remaining here and doing their best everyday. That is applicable to more than just Teamsters, too.

Prob depends on the Local. I can't imagine my area saying no, don't pay more...

It was a national thing and the reasons they said no were A. Not reward people who haven't worked a day for Yrc, haven't sacrificed pay and benefits let alone drove brigaders without power steering or ac for years and B. Not make it easier for Yrc to hire drivers without raising pay for everyone. Kinda goes back to the market forces I was talking about. Make it easier for Yrc to bring drivers in at lower rates, they have no reason to raise the higher rates.

As others have pointed out, the Union has no say if any company wants to pay more than contractual rates. Union sets minimum pay rates.

mdzrG9b.jpg

Swamp Holly Orange Baby‼️

GAUUYIY.jpg

You're the man Bart!
:36: